Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Default Re: The Great War 5.0 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

@ Aanker ( I also responded on moddb, but just in case you didn't read it there)

1 light Howitzer, and a bunch of plain infantry troops ( Rifle, Franc-tireurs, .. ) and I'm at difficulty level : Normal ( I think, it's the second level of difficulty )
    Another ( pretty major ) bug, is that plain civic troops from the Netherlands just dissapeared in battle, altought you could still see them shoot. A couple of minutes before they had been hidden in the woods and it seems that, for no reason, they get hidden again in the field.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by Gamestoker600 View Post
    I found a few bugs..
    ...Farmer's Stalls +0 to region wealth (in German campain)
    ...in Battle the Tanks move but the textures of the tanks are still standing (looks like the tank don't move) (they are ininvisible) (only the flagg up above are moving)
    ...Tanks are melee
    ...Battles crash
    ...the rail artillery (from German) looks like the normal mortar
    but very nice work... it is realy funy too play
    You can move the tanks around by issuing what would (for normal artillery) be ground attack orders. They (the crew, which is invisible) shouldn't be running away from the tank under normal circumstances.

The rail artillery model will eventually be replaced with a stationary monocular or some other far viewing device. The mortar is a placeholder.

Some battles crash because of memory issues, try a lighter map (i.e. Summer of 1914), a smaller scale (Tiny prefertably, Normal mostly works) or slightly less demanding graphics options.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguineus View Post
    It's been a while since I've been here, but your mod drew my attention.

First of all I have to say you did an excellent job with the models, sounds and the overall presentation.
    Secondly I, unfortunately, have to report a minor problem which is the following: Apparently machine guns face into the wrong direction when they should not, which means I have to turn the formation around (when deploying them) in order for them to shoot in the right direction.
    It's nothing too bad and everything else works like a charm for me

I hope I could help and you can take a look at the problem when you've fixed the bigger ones, good luck with that by the way
    The machineguns are facing the wrong direction because of an engine limitation unfortunately, however the arc of fire is always opposite to the direction the units are actually pointing in (and has no effect on the firing in fact, the machineguns fire where they point) so this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

I play as the Belgians and there is a HUGE problem...all the people die of starvation...Can't upgrade the Gent farm...the economy is very LOW. Adriaan I? Lol it's Albert I ^^ and then there is no plane on the map et the units have no hats ( on the map with their flag) another thing, suddenly my king and a bunch of people die, it's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    That is very strange and sounds almost like an installation issue? Are there any other general problems with the mod?
    No other there is no problem..

I forget in a battle, the ennemy army (finnish jäger) retreat very early. Please answer my two post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingartist21 View Post
    No other there is no problem..
    But the Ottoman units have names in the custom battles, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by banipo View Post
    @ Aanker ( I also responded on moddb, but just in case you didn't read it there)

1 light Howitzer, and a bunch of plain infantry troops ( Rifle, Franc-tireurs, .. ) and I'm at difficulty level : Normal ( I think, it's the second level of difficulty )
    Another ( pretty major ) bug, is that plain civic troops from the Netherlands just dissapeared in battle, altought you could still see them shoot. A couple of minutes before they had been hidden in the woods and it seems that, for no reason, they get hidden again in the field.
    Ok, it appears that artillery is overestimated by the autoresolve function. Report here if you have any more such issues.

If you play on the tiny scale, all infantry units can hide by default unless they are shooting or running.

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Quote Originally Posted by jules napoléon khan View Post
    The Portugal's faction leader is same as vanilla, the victory conditions finish in 1812 and are same as vanilla but only the 5 majors (Germany, Austria, Russia, England and France) have it, Germany, Austria and Russia have one or two technologies but France and England have a lot, the Corsica is german, the only alliance in the game is between Germany and Austria, the Spain is major but Belgium and Serbia are minor. In french campaign, I can't see the building in Brest and Le Havre to build them, I can't recruit any general (same as England, Austria and Russia). In german campaign, the corsican units and general's names are vanilla. I test only the first tour for 5 majors.
    We are working on a campaign update so stay tuned!

Ok, it appears that artillery is overestimated by the autoresolve function. Report here if you have any more such issues.

If you play on the tiny scale, all infantry units can hide by default unless they are shooting or running.[/QUOTE]

They were in mid-open field ( they ran out of the woods ) and when they stood infront of my trenches, they just dissapeared but could still shoot. There weren't any trees to hide, so that ain't normal.

Papalord's Avatar Civis

I have EXACTLY the same ing problem than DELTA, can't move tanks and shoot with them, the invisible sword is attacking the enemy, thats it.. -.-

CAMPAIGN bug, my friend also got it. Corsica belongs to the German EMpire ? didn't know we had colonies in the mediterran sea lol ..

and just a little question:

is it normal that the armys (soldier) on the campaign map are represented by a man looking like a early 20th century scientist and a plane ?? (generals) ... I thought the plane would represent the agent, so you can spy and bomb buildings and so on.. would be much more locical

just these notes.. but anyway, hope this all can be fixed or I just did something wrong.. greets

And have you solution for the multiplayer ?

Quote Originally Posted by shindigero View Post
    Great mod guys, really well done, by transferring the pack files to my data folder i can get the game to work, no crashes everything fine. The only issue I have is that when I try to open the launcher it tells me it is "unable to automatically find the path to Napoleon.exe" and asks me to locate it manually, when i try to do so it doesn't seem to be able to detect that the file is there, it just shows empty folders. I know there have been some issues with the launcher but I've not seen anyone mention this issue, any ideas?

any potential solutions to this? Im assuming ive not made a basic mistake

Another thing, my troops never enter into a trench, I just can't place my troops of any kind into a trench. All techs are already found.

Papalord's Avatar Civis

I get a warning or bug window, just when I start the launcher (only open the launcher window, not yet starting the game) it says:

Microsoft Internet Explorer
    IEPNGFix: Children of positioned element are unclickable [object]

with an yellow warning sign ..

please help me

I listed my bugs and problems above .. :/

Whenever I try to start a revolution in Moscow, an army consisting of only a general with a Russian Republican flag appears.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I want to have a communist army appear with the soviet flag instead.
    This signature is clickable

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker;13124226[URL="http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?613572-The-Great-War-EASY-STEP-BY-STEP-ALTERNATIVE-INSTALLATION-GUIDE-(with-images!)&p=13124179#post13124179"
    9[/URL]

Long live Belgian Conqueror-King Albert I? Issue noted.
    Another note is that Belgium is a Constitutional Monarchy, not an Absolute Monarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by banipo View Post

If you play on the tiny scale, all infantry units can hide by default unless they are shooting or running.

They were in mid-open field ( they ran out of the woods ) and when they stood infront of my trenches, they just dissapeared but could still shoot. There weren't any trees to hide, so that ain't normal.[/QUOTE]

That is quite simply odd and I am sad to say that I have never encountered this issue myself.

They may have the hide while firing ability though.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalord View Post
    I have EXACTLY the same ing problem than DELTA, can't move tanks and shoot with them, the invisible sword is attacking the enemy, thats it.. -.-

CAMPAIGN bug, my friend also got it. Corsica belongs to the German EMpire ? didn't know we had colonies in the mediterran sea lol ..

and just a little question:

is it normal that the armys (soldier) on the campaign map are represented by a man looking like a early 20th century scientist and a plane ?? (generals) ... I thought the plane would represent the agent, so you can spy and bomb buildings and so on.. would be much more locical

just these notes.. but anyway, hope this all can be fixed or I just did something wrong.. greets
    Tanks - the move order is issued while the mouse icon is still "attack ground".

Corsica belongs to Germany - another note for Mitch.

Campaign characters - huh? Do your generals wear greatcoats or do they have the suit (which only researchers currently, or should I say, should currently have). It is strange however that the generals are using airplane models while walking around. The proper plane agents are not yet working and we are trying to figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellermann View Post
    And have you solution for the multiplayer ?
    We are working on it! A solution could be out very soon depending on how easy it is to actually nail down the exact issue.

Quote Originally Posted by shindigero View Post
    any potential solutions to this? Im assuming ive not made a basic mistake
    If you find that you can't install the mod, try my step-by-step installation guide! It's stickied and contains images.

Quote Originally Posted by LePititNoNo View Post
    Another thing, my troops never enter into a trench, I just can't place my troops of any kind into a trench. All techs are already found.
    Yep, we are waiting for a response from a person who knows how to get our custom battlemaps into the campaign. For now, you will have to use the earthworks in the campaign. If you mean that it's difficult to place troops in general into the Trench Warfare (the custom battle map) trenches, please check Panzer's thread (it's stickied and also deals with memory issues).

Quote Originally Posted by Papalord View Post
    I get a warning or bug window, just when I start the launcher (only open the launcher window, not yet starting the game) it says:

Microsoft Internet Explorer
    IEPNGFix: Children of positioned element are unclickable [object]

with an yellow warning sign ..

please help me

I listed my bugs and problems above .. :/
    Odd. Try my step-by-step installation guide if you can't resolve this issue quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Point_Man View Post
    Whenever I try to start a revolution in Moscow, an army consisting of only a general with a Russian Republican flag appears.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I want to have a communist army appear with the soviet flag instead.
    Yes, that definitely needs fixing.

First I want to congratulate the developers for this awesome mod!

For me everything works fine when I use the launcher to ModManager. As against the only bug that I can report is just the artillery. As soon as the shell explodes, the game crash. If someone the same problem? A solution has been found?

after downloading the patch through the launcher the game no longer starts

I have a low priority problem that I haven't seen addressed yet. The music for the campaign and battles is still vanilla NTW. Hopefully you guys have the same music from the last version; I loved it!

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Make sure you follow the instructions included and move the packs.txt into your Great War\Files folder, replacing the old packs.txt