Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Default Re: The Great War 5.0 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

ALERT EVERYONE! I THINK I'VE FOUND ANOTHER PROBLEMO!

The NTW mod manager worked great for about one minute, I got into the game with sound, no flag issue everything was going great. I stopped to look at the factions and then this came up,

Napoleon Total War has stopped working,
    A problem caused this problem to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Damn, and just when I thought I got it working.

Multiplayer not work !

i give up ive tried to to get to work so many times now and it just loads vanilla everytime

Orestios's Avatar Laetus

managed to play to play the mod as Greece but...Greece has no naval units and I don't have any artillery (which I suppose means,I don't have the appropriate building). also i get ctd in late october 1915 in Switzerland's turn

I decide to return on Dartthmod

Just for waiting fixing and when it'll work properly : Hope in few weeks !

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by ZeEmperor View Post
    I am just wondering how did people even get to play the campaign..
    Also,Delta,can you play the campaign or just battles?
    I'm just trying out battles to make sure everything works. I haven't tried the campaign yet. But are the tanks bugged for you as well ZeEmperor?

Another bug I've noticed : When a king dies, a whole bunch of people die with him. Is this normal?

Something else: I'm playing as Belgium at the moment, and I can recruit troops. Still, I don't see any barracks standing between my buildings + I have no idea how to build Cannons in my capital. ( Don't know if this is a bug or not )

Please help....Unit names and the names of the building does not appear while playing with ottoman...

Laetus

Hi all, so far it works for me when used with the modmanager.
    From what i have seen sofar you guys did a job, i love it.

Ok the only thing i found is indeed a drop when i want to host a multiplayer, i can load it up but on unit selection it crashes back to the battle selection page.
    Since single player works, my first guess is that it has to do with the money which shows up as -10000 something for land batttles.
    I also tried hosting seabattles and that worked fine when i raised money to large funds, but also on small funds i got the same drop out as with the landbattles.

I hope you guys will fix the thingies the community will bring to your attention, but for my part i consider it a succesfull launch wish you all the best.

Gl and hf

Another remark: The Belgian King in those days wasn't a man called ' Adriaan ' as refered in the game, but Albert I ( I believe )

Iblis's Avatar Laetus

Hi, thanks for your great work!

I wanted to report a couple of minor problems i found in my campaign as Kingdom of Italy:

I can't trade with any faction, my trade income is always 0, maybe becouse i can't afford to build level 1 roads or upgrade a port
    (less important) Italy is a minor faction, has the wrong tipe of government and the King i have in the campaign is different from the one i have in the faction selection screen (in game the king is eugène II with a random picture)
    I have an unlimited military access agreement with france without being allied
    AI seems to be a little passive (I play H/H, austria attacked me only once with few militias in xx turns and had a full army entrenched near Vienna, probably could have broken my defences in case of attack)

sorry for my bad english

Same problem for multiplayer El Vibrante

Bug report : I just did an autoresolve battle against the Dutch ( I'm Belgian ) and they outnumbered me seriously. Yet autoresolve indicated they didn't had the slightest chance of winning + I only lost 60 men.

Hi there

Every time I try and start the great war mod I get an error message reading "could not find part of the path c:\user\user\appdata\roaming\creative assembly\napoleon\scripts\user.script.txt". I've had a look in my appdata file and can not even find a creative assembly folder, i'm using a steam version of the game so i don't know if that could have caused it,but I would appreciate any guidance to fix this problem.

I'll put a report I hadn't seen yet - I started playing as Belgium now that the mod works with the new installation instructions, and i was Adriann I, whoever that might be instead of Albert I. When I tried to trade with The Netherlands, it turned out Albert I was their leader - so somehow the Dutch have the Belgian leader.

Edit: Belgian shakos (hats) of early infantry clip through the heads.
    Last edited by Squeecky; August 12, 2013 at 09:51 AM.

Laetus

Hi, you have to put the ww1 campaign folder that is in the download file in the campaing´s folder from ntw in the data section.
    If i am unclear read the originial post of the general, he shortly explains in that post.

The Portugal's faction leader is same as vanilla, the victory conditions finish in 1812 and are same as vanilla but only the 5 majors (Germany, Austria, Russia, England and France) have it, Germany, Austria and Russia have one or two technologies but France and England have a lot, the Corsica is german, the only alliance in the game is between Germany and Austria, the Spain is major but Belgium and Serbia are minor. In french campaign, I can't see the building in Brest and Le Havre to build them, I can't recruit any general (same as England, Austria and Russia). In german campaign, the corsican units and general's names are vanilla. I test only the first tour for 5 majors.
    Last edited by jules napoléon khan; August 12, 2013 at 09:40 AM.

I found a few bugs..
    ...Farmer's Stalls +0 to region wealth (in German campain)
    ...in Battle the Tanks move but the textures of the tanks are still standing (looks like the tank don't move) (they are ininvisible) (only the flagg up above are moving)
    ...Tanks are melee
    ...Battles crash
    ...the rail artillery (from German) looks like the normal mortar
    but very nice work... it is realy funy too play

It's been a while since I've been here, but your mod drew my attention.

First of all I have to say you did an excellent job with the models, sounds and the overall presentation.
    Secondly I, unfortunately, have to report a minor problem which is the following: Apparently machine guns face into the wrong direction when they should not, which means I have to turn the formation around (when deploying them) in order for them to shoot in the right direction.
    It's nothing too bad and everything else works like a charm for me

I hope I could help and you can take a look at the problem when you've fixed the bigger ones, good luck with that by the way

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by Ragequit View Post
    ALERT EVERYONE! I THINK I'VE FOUND ANOTHER PROBLEMO!

The NTW mod manager worked great for about one minute, I got into the game with sound, no flag issue everything was going great. I stopped to look at the factions and then this came up,

Napoleon Total War has stopped working,
    A problem caused this problem to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Damn, and just when I thought I got it working.
    Did you install the campaign correctly? Check the last stages of my installation guide: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post13124179

Quote Originally Posted by Skarime View Post
    Multiplayer not work !
    I need more information than that.

Quote Originally Posted by mr attwood View Post
    i give up ive tried to to get to work so many times now and it just loads vanilla everytime
    Check the easy step-by-step installation guide: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post13124179

Quote Originally Posted by Orestios View Post
    managed to play to play the mod as Greece but...Greece has no naval units and I don't have any artillery (which I suppose means,I don't have the appropriate building). also i get ctd in late october 1915 in Switzerland's turn
    Buildings and technologies appear to be glitched. Fixes are coming ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by playername View Post
    I decide to return on Dartthmod

Just for waiting fixing and when it'll work properly : Hope in few weeks !

Enjoy
    Did you try to install the mod with the easy step-by-step installation guide? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post13124179

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaKLMPilot View Post
    I'm just trying out battles to make sure everything works. I haven't tried the campaign yet. But are the tanks bugged for you as well ZeEmperor?
    Tank crews, when the tank is destroyed, can run around on their own, which is of course a minor issue. They do however die almost instantaneously in melee and as long as you have flags enabled in-game you should be able to see and exterminate them easily. After the initial bugs and such have settled down, I intend to create a poll on the tanks to see if the community wants them implemented in another way (such an implementation would come with weaknesses of its own), but this is currently not a priority issue.

Quote Originally Posted by banipo View Post
    Another bug I've noticed : When a king dies, a whole bunch of people die with him. Is this normal?

Something else: I'm playing as Belgium at the moment, and I can recruit troops. Still, I don't see any barracks standing between my buildings + I have no idea how to build Cannons in my capital. ( Don't know if this is a bug or not )
    That's a known startpos issue and is being worked on (campaign characters die). Troop recruitment and buildings are also known issues and we will release an updated campaign file soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingartist21 View Post
    Please help....Unit names and the names of the building does not appear while playing with ottoman...
    That is very strange and sounds almost like an installation issue? Are there any other general problems with the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefunk View Post
    Hi all, so far it works for me when used with the modmanager.
    From what i have seen sofar you guys did a job, i love it.

Ok the only thing i found is indeed a drop when i want to host a multiplayer, i can load it up but on unit selection it crashes back to the battle selection page.
    Since single player works, my first guess is that it has to do with the money which shows up as -10000 something for land batttles.
    I also tried hosting seabattles and that worked fine when i raised money to large funds, but also on small funds i got the same drop out as with the landbattles.

I hope you guys will fix the thingies the community will bring to your attention, but for my part i consider it a succesfull launch wish you all the best.

Gl and hf
    Have you tried launching land battles with large funds? This error should by all means be fixed but we will look into it. Also, what scale are you using?

Another remark: The Belgian King in those days wasn't a man called ' Adriaan ' as refered in the game, but Albert I ( I believe )
    Known character issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Iblis View Post
    Hi, thanks for your great work!

I wanted to report a couple of minor problems i found in my campaign as Kingdom of Italy:

I can't trade with any faction, my trade income is always 0, maybe becouse i can't afford to build level 1 roads or upgrade a port
    (less important) Italy is a minor faction, has the wrong tipe of government and the King i have in the campaign is different from the one i have in the faction selection screen (in game the king is eugène II with a random picture)
    I have an unlimited military access agreement with france without being allied
    AI seems to be a little passive (I play H/H, austria attacked me only once with few militias in xx turns and had a full army entrenched near Vienna, probably could have broken my defences in case of attack)

sorry for my bad english
    Issues noted.

Bug report : I just did an autoresolve battle against the Dutch ( I'm Belgian ) and they outnumbered me seriously. Yet autoresolve indicated they didn't had the slightest chance of winning + I only lost 60 men.
    Which units were involved and on which scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Basil2nd View Post
    Hi there

Every time I try and start the great war mod I get an error message reading "could not find part of the path c:\user\user\appdata\roaming\creative assembly\napoleon\scripts\user.script.txt". I've had a look in my appdata file and can not even find a creative assembly folder, i'm using a steam version of the game so i don't know if that could have caused it,but I would appreciate any guidance to fix this problem.
    First try the solutions presented in my easy step-by-step guide, here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post13124179

Then if they don't work proceed with the guide itself.

Hope that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeecky View Post
    I'll put a report I hadn't seen yet - I started playing as Belgium now that the mod works with the new installation instructions, and i was Adriann I, whoever that might be instead of Albert I. When I tried to trade with The Netherlands, it turned out Albert I was their leader - so somehow the Dutch have the Belgian leader.
    Long live Belgian Conqueror-King Albert I? Issue noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10