Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243444546474863 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Default Re: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Ok so I thought something was wrong now I know it is. Whenever I try to spawn new units for an army after I recruit a general, after the number of turns it takes to spawn them, they just disappear on the next turn, essentially ruining any strategy I had and taking away from my funds. Anybody else experience this issue?

Campagin of Great Britain - technology: 'Improved Field Guns' = CTD. By the way, one suggestion - AI of Germany is too weak. In 1916 France, with my little help, without problems captured all east Germany and Russia took Konigsberg. Central Powers havent chances in fighting with triple entente - Austria-Hungary has problem with Russia too. After all you've done a great job and I hope that in future you will remove most of bugs. PS. Sorry for my english.

I play the campaign with Austria . The Game crashs with a freeze at the end of the turn of 93(after german empire) . I think that ,the german rebells win against the german empire , could be this the issue?

Campaign of the UK: CTD after ending round 30 no matter what i am doing. crash report has been sent, hope it helps

I dropped the 5.1.3 patch into the great war /files folder but the launcher still says it is running 5.1.0. I'm new to TGW mod (but not mods in general) so not sure if this is a small oversight or maybe I installed wrong.
    "What a place to plunder!" Gebhard Lebrecht Von Blücher on viewing London from St. Paul's after the peace banquet at Oxford

Quote Originally Posted by Cartras View Post
    I dropped the 5.1.3 patch into the great war /files folder but the launcher still says it is running 5.1.0. I'm new to TGW mod (but not mods in general) so not sure if this is a small oversight or maybe I installed wrong.
    The problem is u patched version 5.10 . In the patch 5.1.2 the launcher get patched .

So download/install first patch 5.1.2 and then patch 5.1.3 .

Here is link for patch 5.1.2 http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-great-...r-512-reupload

Hi, i dont know if im supposed to be replying, but i didnt know how else to post.. I am new to this forum.. I have a problem with the launcher, no one else seems to have a solution to this i have searched and asked everywhere, but nothing, which sucks because ive waited so long for this mod.. When I launch, an error comes up saying 'Unhandled exception - cannot create a file that already exists .' And it doesnt continue you can only quit.. Does ANYONE know why!?Thankz

Quote Originally Posted by Zeraphinos View Post
    The problem is u patched version 5.10 . In the patch 5.1.2 the launcher get patched .

So download/install first patch 5.1.2 and then patch 5.1.3 .

Here is link for patch 5.1.2 http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-great-...r-512-reupload
    Thanks a bunch, I was doing it wrong after all. After following your directions it works great. Will rep when the forum lets me lol.
    "What a place to plunder!" Gebhard Lebrecht Von Blücher on viewing London from St. Paul's after the peace banquet at Oxford

anyone?....

Quote Originally Posted by desercration View Post
    anyone?....

Ok desercration , i think i can help you . U get this error message when u have some tgw. pack files in the napoleon data folder and run the game . So before you run the mod , make sure to paste all tgw.pack from the napoleon data folder to the GreatWar/Files folder and then run the mod .

Tell me if it works

ps: @Cartras thx for rep !
    Last edited by Zeraphinos; September 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM.

Just to update my situation:

I have started a new UK campaign and recived the same crash. The Launcher says its the version 5.1.2, ingame its says 5.0...though i started with 5.1

I have installed/ copied the 5.1.3 files as instructed. Is this a known bug for the UK campaign ?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I've started a campaign with Austria with unit scales on "classic". After loading the "advanced" campaign with unit scales on "tactical" I've now both large scale units (old ones) and small scale units (new ones).

Like my forespeaker: I have correctly installed 5.1, 5.1.2, 5.1.3

The launcher says it's version 5.1.2, the game says it's version 5.0 (checked the version after each installation, always says 5.0). It's just a little confusing.

First of all this is absolut correct . Even if u patched the game to 5.1.3 the launcher will say 5.1.2 and on the video in the main menu , it will say 5.0 . Why they dont change this , bcs they would have add to every of their patch new launcher with just changed number + reupload video with new version number . So patch size would be bigger , min 80 mb more just to change those numbers , thats why i think they dont change it atm . @ Radatzky stupid question , but is it possibel that you have both files _GreatWar5_DB_LargeScale.pack and _GreatWar5_DB_SmallScale.pack in the Greatwar files folder ? if thats the case plz paste them to the options folder . @PrussianGuard about round crash bug , i cant help you . I m sure the dev team is working on it .

zeraphinos it wont let me reply directly to you for some reason :S Thanks for replying but unfortunately i have already done what you asked i think ive tried just about every fix and had no success. Ive been waiting 3 years for this and now it doesnt work... i give up, thanks for the answer though

Thanks for the answer Zeraphinos, just wanted to make sure i am not the only one experiencing that crash. enjoy your weekend

Im Getting an unhandled exception error from windows when I try to launch. It States that it cannot create a file that already exists.

The following is from the details of this error:

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
    at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
    at TGW_Launcher.FormMain.LaunchMod()
    at TGW_Launcher.FormMain.<FormMain_Load>b__1(Object s, EventArgs ee)
    at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1008 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Launcher
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/napoleon%20total%20war/data/The%20Great%20War/Launcher.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1015 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1015 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Please help me! I would love to play this!

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

The campaign CTD around turn 124, end of Germany's turn. I have patched to 5.1.3. When I check the Great War files all the great war pack files are in the Nap Data folder. So I cut them and pasted back in Great War folder...still get a CTD and the great war pack files have returned to Nap Data folder.

can't delete this post
    Last edited by Swing; September 13, 2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: can't delete this post forum too buggy

PLEASE FIX THIS FORUM I POSTED A LONG DETAILED BUG REPORT EVEN COPIED IT NOW I CAN'T EVEN PASTE IT!

Agghh I'll try to remember what I said: First I wanted to say how much we all appreciate you guys, and you don't get enough praise for the awesomeness you created! But anyways I think this site needs to let people know when patches came out. I didn't even know that there was a 5.1.2 patch until I read this page. I updated from 5.1 to 5.1.3 and I don't see any patch number in the box at the bottom of the game screen. Anyways I'll post this before I worry about my bug report not getting posted.