Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Great War | 5.1 DOWNLOAD HERE

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default Re: The Great War | 5.1 DOWNLOAD HERE

Please observe that the only version of N:TW which we will support is the legal, Steam version. Uploading vanilla files is not permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

It's true. This mod is truly amazing. Looks great, tons of variety, very thorough. Its just too damn bad that it's virtually unplayable. Crashes and bugs, missing UI, portraits, descriptions, and cards. Launcher never works; hasn't from day one. It needs TONS of polish if its really going to work and have a meaningful lifespan. The first 10-20 turns are always fun and eventful but then...Greece crashes. Start over. get to turn 11, Netherlands crashes. crash crash crash. Nevertheless, it's apparent through the icons, ambiance, and overall aesthetic of the game that you guys put a tremendous amount of hard work and care into this project. For this, I will salute and rep you guys till the end of total war time. It just pains me to have to uninstall this and wait for updates and fixes before I can give it another shot. It kinda reminds me of the condition in which Empire total war was launched. Beautifully broken. Give it some time, patience, and a little hard work and I am Absolutely sure that this mod will go down as one of the greatest. Good luck and mod on.
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob
    and insult extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    Please observe that the only version of N:TW which we will support is the legal, Steam version. Uploading vanilla files is not permitted.

Im rly sry , i didnt know he had illegal copy , just want to to help :/

Tuhaj bej's Avatar Libertus

Hello!

Very good campaign, but terribly-optimized economic system.
    Where are the beginning of 1914 has been the enormous mass armies?
    And low cost of ownership?

Good luck!

I've played this mod for awhile now, and I just wanted to say; you guys have done a wonderful job! Granted, it has it's problems, but all-in-all, it's very well done.

My biggest complaint (it isn't really a complaint) is that it takes several turns for your main army (assuming you're playing as France, Germany (excluding Russia), or some such nation) to reach the front-line in the beginning of the game. If they were a bit closer, it would allow "the action" to start (historically) sooner.

Regardless, I love the mod. Great job!

How do you install 5.1.2?

guys i m so happy you finnaly release the mod.

One question trough,have you managed to implement the trenches in campaing?Or is it impossible?

Wow really awesome work guys. Lost this mod for a few weeks and suddenly V5 (5.1 already!) launched!!!! Im so happy

And it works great, had no problems with starting my campaign!

Just a quick question though, I'm playing as belgium but I can't recruit any artillery, even with 2 barracks upgrade. I also don't see it in the tech tree. Is it right that Belgium can't make artillery or am I missing something?

i think the link on moddb is broken. it keeps saying check back. its been a week and im dying to play. maybe upload it onto another site?
    or reupload it ?
    Last edited by raphael; August 27, 2013 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raphael View Post
    i think the link on moddb is broken. it keeps saying check back. its been a week and im dying to play. maybe upload it onto another site?
    or reupload it ?
    Check if you can select any other mirrors here:
    http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start...e-great-war-51

Sorry for double post but i can't find the edit button. raphael, check also this link if the other one i posted worked:
    http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start...-DOWNLOAD-HERE
    It's the link to download the 5.1.2 patch in case it also says that no servers can be used to download the file.

2 words playker.... life. saver. thank you so much. i have no idea how to get to that page from the normal moddb site but thank you anyways

I have a question, i've installed the mod perfectly and works like a charm with a minor detail i can't explain why it happens... Why do all my units, characters and generals speak in Spanish? I don't understand... It happens with every nation, the vanilla N:TW is in english, and i found the language.txt of the mod and it is also in english... any ideas? thank you.

Big thanks to the team for this awesome piece of a mod and all the work you guys put into this! I enjoy every battle. Never thought something like that is possible with NTW.

Hi,

I have two bugs:

as I play with auto resolve a battle my artillery always gets lost after the battle, also as I win the battle.

Second - I play as Italy and I can recruit in conquered cities, but in some cities the recuited armies does
    not appear..

Sorry I just see I posted this in the wrong thread. I don't know how to delete my post.. sorry..

Greets Marc
    Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; August 30, 2013 at 03:21 AM.

Launcher works but it won't start the game , I don't even get a proper error , just some Windows generic stuff (Of course I run the launcher as administrator ).

Then I tried moving the pack files into data - didn't work .

I also can't find any user.script.txt file and I my Mod Manager works differently from the one in the guide .

Which means I am completely broken and confused .

EDIT: When I start NTW , TGW starts , sto I guess I menaged to make it work somehow .
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; August 30, 2013 at 07:48 AM.

Jothin's Avatar Laetus

I'm really loving this mod, thanks for all of the hard work. A good distraction until Rome 2 launches.

Hi, i'm trying to download the 5.1 but when I try to download it says that the file is not avalaible, i've successfully downloaded the patch, Help ty.

the mod sucks, its historicaly inacurate, with wrong borders, there is no Bulgarian faction which was one of the most important countries.english maybe you are ashamed by your defeat at doiran???

Default Re: The Great War | 5.0 DOWNLOAD HERE | Uploading...

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Thank you fans of TGW, you've made a Welshman very humble with your support. Truly.
    Love ur mod. Detailed campaign, smooth battles, realism, all my favorite things!