Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Support, Bug Reports and Hot Fixes

Default Re: Support, Bug Reports and Hot Fixes

Hi, Leo, I'm glad you enjoy the game. Version 1.6 will be out soon. So I'll try to fix the bugs before releasing it.
    Could you please be more specific about the crashes?
    You took Sparta and when exactly did it crash? After the battle, after enslaving the population, or maybe when your character had to gain a trait or ancillary? Was there an error message?
    Same questions regarding Corinth. In this case I guess you couldn't even load the battle? Did you have a CTD or a freeze? If there is a missing texture to one of your units, the game usually displays a specific message. Where there supporting armies around Corinth? Did you try to attack with another general, with other units or from another hex? Did you notice any spies in the city?
    Any additional information may be useful to sort out the problem. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphos View Post
    Hi, Leo, I'm glad you enjoy the game. Version 1.6 will be out soon. So I'll try to fix the bugs before releasing it.
    Could you please be more specific about the crashes?
    You took Sparta and when exactly did it crash? After the battle, after enslaving the population, or maybe when your character had to gain a trait or ancillary? Was there an error message?
    Same questions regarding Corinth. In this case I guess you couldn't even load the battle? Did you have a CTD or a freeze? If there is a missing texture to one of your units, the game usually displays a specific message. Where there supporting armies around Corinth? Did you try to attack with another general, with other units or from another hex? Did you notice any spies in the city?
    Any additional information may be useful to sort out the problem. Thanks.
    Thanks for getting back to me. Let me describe in detail as to what happened. Corinth bug first: When I chose to assault the city manually (the tactical portion of the game) it loaded fine up until the "Deploy Troops" box comes up. It then freezes up midway when the camera is panning back to my position and CTD's a few seconds later. I may have had a rebel army nearby, but they would not have intervened anyway because I was attacking the Hellenic States. I did not have any spies or assassins inside the city. The general and the army I used had taken cities previously so I don't think it was a problem with them. I had played RTH version 4.0 and did not remember having this problem. I chose to autofight the battle and I took the city without incident.
    Now for Sparta. On RTH 4.0 it had crashed as well, so I found the link for 5.0 and downloaded that to see if it got fixed. I chose to autofight the battle and to play manually two separate times. I did not have spies or assassins inside the city and there were no rebels nearby. After taking the city both times without problems, the campaign map appears and it freezes and CTDs before the options scroll opens i.e the one were you could choose to enslave, occupy or massacre the population. The bug seems to be triggered right after I take Sparta. The only error signs were a box that said "Rome Total War has stopped working". I am using Windows 7 if that helps. Feel free to ask me any more questions.
    Thanks in advance for your help. I am not new to the Total War series (I've been playing since 2002) but I have never been into playing mods until now.

The mod is pretty stable and fun! but if I found a ctd playing with Bactria (hellenic kingdoms)

It was when I did a battle against the rebels and their unit indian spearmen had no texture.

By the way i have an advice, if you use Paint.net try to save the .dds files with the option mipmap enabled (85.5 KB and yours 64.9 i think) in that way the texture will look better.

Cheers~

the mod starts up fine and everything but when I play as Rome and click on the senate office button it crashes is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    the mod starts up fine and everything but when I play as Rome and click on the senate office button it crashes is that normal?
    Yeah... it is normal, just dont press that button.

Hi Asukav,
    thanks for the good advice on the mipmaps. I wish I'd had that earlier. I got 700 textures files and now I'll have to resave them all.

Regarding the CTD with the Indian Spearman I can't find no error. Which version are you playing? The point is that the Indian Spearman texture for slaves is taken from vanilla, not from the RTH folder. Is it possible that you have erased it in your vanilla folder? Please go to your vanilla data/models_unit/textures folder and check if you got the file UNIT_INDIAN_SPEARMAN.TGA. If not you can copy it from the rth folder (it's there but not referenced in DMB). You can also change the line in the descr_model_battle file so that the file is taken from the rth folder. Please let me know what you found.
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

The version I'm playing is the 1.5

When you say vanilla, you mean the expansion alexander?, because is the only one where i found a skin for the indian_spearmen (and on your RTH folder of course)

It was easy just to change a entry in the descr_model_battle, but I report that because I found it weird.

Cheers & thanks for the reply ^^

Thanks for reporting. I thought the Indian spearmen were in vanilla, but I must have copied them into my folder at some point in the past. So I was wrong. Now I've changed it.
    Last edited by Philadelphos; July 12, 2014 at 05:41 PM.

Now this is strange: RTW 1.6 has been released a month ago, we have good download figures and I know that people are playing, but still there is not a single bug report!
    Of course, we've been working hard on eliminating all bugs and making the game as stable as possible, but I can't believe that you didn't encounter a single problem. That would be such a great achievement!
    So just let me know if you're enjoying the game! And if you have to report a bug, please do it quick, because in a few days I'll be off for my holiday.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

A few bugs so far. 1) Persepolis ruins cannot be repaired once damaged.

2) Text is missing at Alan Steppe Riders unit card description.

3) Greek city states faction leader has seamaster trait

Thanks for reporting. Here are my answers:

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    A few bugs so far. 1) Persepolis ruins cannot be repaired once damaged.
    Actually they were never repaired, so that's quite realistic. But I'm afraid the same is true for a number of unique buildings such as Pyramids, Colossus and more. It happens because you are not allowed to build those buildings. I could make it possible by linking the allowance to the specific region and maybe a specific faction, but that requires some complicated scripting in the export_descr_buildings.txt file. I'll have a look at it, but I don't think that I'll be able to resolve it for all special buildings and the Persepolis ruins will probably be my last concern.
    So take care to defend your ancient cities well, before the enemy puts them under siege damaging important buildings. And if you conquer those places yourself and care for their archaeological treasures be cautious with your catapults!

2) Text is missing at Alan Steppe Riders unit card description.
    You are right. There is a wrong entry in the export_units.txt file where it reads:

{merc_alan_steppe_descr} and {merc_alan_steppe_descr_short}

while it should be:

{merc_alan_steppe_riders_descr} and {merc_alan_steppe_riders_descr_short}

3) Greek city states faction leader has seamaster trait
    This is not a bug. The guy is Margos of Keryneia, the first Strategos of the Achaean League who later served as an admiral. This is why he has a seamaster trait.

EmeraldPhoenix's Avatar Libertus
    Here. Well, here as in on Earth. This Solar System. Close by, relatively speaking.

I'm having a problem with RTH 1.6. When I click on the short cut to start the mod, it fails to start and gives me this error.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Error Rome Total War.jpg  

This is a strange message indeed. Could you please specify some more when this occurs? Here are my questions:
    1. Is this your first installation?
    2. Did you install it on a clean vanilla version upgraded to 1.5?
    3. Have you been able to start the game previously or did this occur right from the first time you tried?
    4. Have you been able to play previous versions of RTH?
    5. Are you still able to start vanilla or your previous versions of RTH?
    6. Are you trying to start it under RTW, BI or ALX?
    7. How far does the launch proceed? What is the last template/video you see before you get the error message?
    8. Are you sure you got the right address in your short cut (check properties)?
    Question 7 is particularly important to try and sort this out.

Here is a request from a friend of RTH who has encountered some problems with Steam on Alexander. Unfortunately I'm no expert on questions related to Steam. Who can help?

Could you please put detailed instructions in the Installation thread on how to get this to work for Steam Alex users? The instructions you give for steam users do work for the Gold addition, but with steam, the Alex version has a separate folder from the Gold Edition folder. When I tried your method on the Alex launch properties, it wouldn't let me start the game.

German campaign, currently year 263ish:

- Starts with a German unit in the north that looks a bit like Night Raiders, but is named, "Unlocalised placement text".
    - Vandalia has no settlement. Somehow the "land" is under German control.
    - The battle AI is very bad.
    - No one really attacks me in the campaign map. No big wars against me. One or two petty blockades/sieges, and I had to take middle Italy to even provoke that much.

I really want to like this mod. Thank you for your efforts thus far.

This is probably me being dumb, when when I click the Imperial Campaign button, I get the message 'please select an item from the list' and can't get any further. Did I install something wrong or what?

when you get there, press the imperial campaign option. it's redundant, but do it

Quote Originally Posted by BelowTheSun View Post
    This is probably me being dumb, when when I click the Imperial Campaign button, I get the message 'please select an item from the list' and can't get any further. Did I install something wrong or what?
    Are you playing on BI? Then you must eventually chose first Regional campaign and then in the dropdown menu Imperial campaign. Under RTW and Alexander it should start directly. Let me know if this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Krauser83 View Post
    when you get there, press the imperial campaign option. it's redundant, but do it
    Was Krauser's hint helpful? Did you get it started?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast