Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Support, Bug Reports and Hot Fixes

Default Re: Support, Bug Reports and Hot Fixes

Hi. Great mod, I'm enjoying it, just started playing few days ago. Now I'm in 178 and the game crashes when I end the turn. I have no city under siege and I moved my troops around as I read here but it won't work. I'm uploading the save here http://www.megafileupload.com/6pk5/Quicksave.sav so you could try it if you want. Thanks.

Hello

first thanks for this great work.

I have a problem to start the game. i use win10, 64bit and i use a lot of rome mods but in this when i will start the game an error message open and the game not can start. " Failed to read censored word dictionary file:data//chat_filter.san " maybe somone can help please

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...chatfilter-san this helps for my problem
    Last edited by nom; January 31, 2017 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    If you find a bug in the mod, please report them here. All hotfixes will also be posted on this thread.
    Hi. Playing this awesome looking mod on BI. On turn one Italy is full of generals, (20+) including Caesar, and Regulas in N Africa.
    I take it this is not right? Any thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacicusromanus View Post
    Hi. Great mod, I'm enjoying it, just started playing few days ago. Now I'm in 178 and the game crashes when I end the turn. I have no city under siege and I moved my troops around as I read here but it won't work. I'm uploading the save here http://www.megafileupload.com/6pk5/Quicksave.sav so you could try it if you want. Thanks.
    Similar bug chez moi.

hi

there are messages that tell family members are rested but tired trait is there. yet many turns were from that the trait persist. can someone tell why?

JMJ -

Had two bugs. One is after a city revolts (I allowed this to happen), it gets all sorts of units that come from all over the map (Egyptian chariots in Syracusae?). When they enemy attacks my besieging army I try to fight the battle but the game crashes. Actually they game freezes and I have to restart the computer.

The other one is that the city of Mediolanum can't recruit units or even open the city screen with the units selected. Even if I mess around with unit cards without opening the city screen it still crashes.

Any thoughts?

YBIC
    Mike

Hi

Just got the mod and have found the first issue within 5 min of playing as the Romans..

When I go tot the faction screen, and click on the Senate tab or try to view the current offices of senate, the game crashes straight to desktop.

Is there any way of obtaining a bug report for me to post?

\Sincerely
    St_Vitruvius

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Yea about that.. You might want to read This

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    Yea about that.. You might want to read This
    I thought that was the case the first time.. But I noticed the generals still had titles from the senate - so I thought I should have been able to who got which title..

I tried searching - but nothing came up..

Are there any other known bugs/issues to be aware off, so as to not disturb unneeded?

I read something about large battles on small islands or bridges maybe crashing the game - but I cannot remember where I read it.. (I'd suggest to make thread with known issues and possible solutions/workarounds and have it stickied.. but perhaps it's me being unable to locate it?)

\Sincerely
    St_Vitruvius

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by St_Vitruvius View Post
    I thought that was the case the first time.. But I noticed the generals still had titles from the senate - so I thought I should have been able to who got which title..

I tried searching - but nothing came up..

Are there any other known bugs/issues to be aware off, so as to not disturb unneeded?

I read something about large battles on small islands or bridges maybe crashing the game - but I cannot remember where I read it.. (I'd suggest to make thread with known issues and possible solutions/workarounds and have it stickied.. but perhaps it's me being unable to locate it?)

\Sincerely
    St_Vitruvius
    I haven't played the game for a while but some known issues are listed in "RTH Read me 2.0" txt file.

But yea you can always find some other stuff in these threads -like I did for you.

Hi Friend, great mode. How come the Dacians starts with a province clos to the Baltic sea? Then you can change the name of the city closesest to Sarmizegetusa to Buridava or something. P... never existed, it was a Roman Camp in the Dacians war 100AD same place like the Dacian Capital. Thank you for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by cozmicus View Post
    Hi Friend, great mode. How come the Dacians starts with a province clos to the Baltic sea? Then you can change the name of the city closesest to Sarmizegetusa to Buridava or something. P... never existed, it was a Roman Camp in the Dacians war 100AD same place like the Dacian Capital. Thank you for your work.
    It's actually the Getans in 280 BC. I've tried to represent somehow all the different tribes dominating this area in antiquity: first the Getans, then the Dacians and finally a bit of Goths. That's the province on the Baltic Sea. I'd love to have 40 factions and 250 provinces, but I have to adapt to the limits of the game.
    Regarding Dacidava I found this on Wikipedia:

Dacidava was a Dacian fortified town, located in the North-Western part of present Transylvania, Romania, about 35 km North of the border established on Meseș Mountains, which was separating the dacian territory controlled by the Roman Empire and the territories inhabited by the free Dacians. The city Șimleu Silvaniei is located near the ancient site of Dacidava.

There were other candidates, such as Napoca or Porolissum (now forts), but I chose this town for the position north and because it contains the word Daci. Buridava is much more south. I'm pretty sure that in 280 BC neither of these had more importance than any other puny village. In any case, if you want to change the names of the cities, you can do it in: imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt
    Be aware, however, that changing names may hinder some ancillaries connected to the town from showing up. But in the case of Dacidava there should be no risk.
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

baselhun's Avatar Civis

It seems like a nice mod I really enjoy the map and vanilla feeling. Some units dont seem to have unit cards also the mining building description says it will provide +200 income but in settlement detail in income tab it says it'll provide only 160 denarii income.

I think it's a bug figured I should write in here.

Hi All, This is my favorite RTW mod and I've been playing it for years off and on. I haven't found anyone else discussing this issue, so posting the question. I conquered Jerusalem as the Ptolemies, and the Temple of Jehova was damaged. I was not able to repair it, even over multiple turns. In addition, I was not able to build any other Egyptian temples. I thought maybe the Temple of Jehova was a foreign equivalent of one of the Egyptian prerequist temples, and that nothing could be built since it was damaged and not repairable. So I destroyed it hoping I might be able to build it from scratch and unlock the other Egyptian temple buildings. Unfortunately that's not the case. I can't build any temples there of any religion. Has anyone encountered this before, or know of a work around? It not a major issue, but it ironically makes Jerusalem the least religious place round.

Laetus

I play as Celtic Tribes, and, whatever I do, randomly moving generals, I have CTD... Is there a knowed problem with that? The date is 277BC
    Last edited by lilipouas; August 17, 2022 at 06:53 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567