Thread: The Conquest of the Church of St. Thekla

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Default The Conquest of the Church of St. Thekla

It had not been long since the crusaders had taken over Constantinople and the dead soldiers still laid in the streets. Here in Blachernae, however, the dead had not been joined by civilians and most of the houses were still intact, with their treasures being where they had always been stored. Even the sun now shined upon the district and it seemed like nothing had happened these past few days. Peace had settled in yet again.

The peace was disturbed by marching and clanging armor. Looking outside, the Greeks saw hundreds of hardened men passing by, with faces of stone and weapons drawn. Anyone outside quickly ran into their houses and locked the doors. Something was afoot, and whatever the soldiers wanted, the one hanging onto it was in deep trouble.

The soldiers stopped outside a church, the Church of St. Thekla. The large, wooden doors seemed to be locked, but no one knew if anyone still resided inside. A man dressed in a yellow coat with three red roses on his chest stepped out of the crowd and banged on the doors.

"If there is anyone still inside this church, come out immediately! I am Arvid Eriksson and I claim this church as my own! If you surrender it peacefully, your lives will be spared! However, if you don't, the consequences for you will be dire!"

OOC: roll please if anyone is still there and if they surrender.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Default Re: The Conquest of the Church of St. Thekla

Close or move, not necessary