Hello, gentlemen. Today we are going to make a simple scene and render it in blender. So, without further ado, let us fire up blender and begin.

First, let us make a platform, this will be our table. Since we will use a cloth to cover it, it need not be too sophisticated. Add a plane object.

We want the cloth to fall over the edges, so they should look more natural. Press TAB to go into edit mode and select the face. Extrude it downward (Shift+E), and scale it up a bit, like so:

Next we will make a tablecloth. Exit edit mode and add yet another plane above the table. Move it up and scale it to be bigger than the table. This will be our tablecloth.

Good. Now we have to texture this. You have probably noticed that all of our models are an unnattractive silver, so let us change from the solid view to the Material view.

Everything is black now. That is because we have not yet added materials. this is unimportant for the table itself, but the cloth will show and we must texture it. I want to use a pattern.

This one is nice yet probably unsuitable, as it seems to be some sort of heraldic symbol, but what are you going to do? Any way, open your favored image editor, and open this up there. Add a background of a color to your liking, I have chosen blue. Tacky perhaps, but I leave the artistic choice to the reader.

Now that we have made our texture, save it somewhere and go back to blender. Select the blanket, click tab, select the face and press unwrap, under the UV segment to the left. Press unwrap again once the option comes up. What this does is create a two dimensional representation of our object for us to texture, as this is only a plane, we will not need to go into any advanced mapping techniques.

Now, go right and click the materials option, and hit New. This will assign a blank material to our cloth, to which we will add an image texture. Hit the dot next to the color and select "Image Texture."

Now press open and find your flower on your computer.

Cute, but I would make the texture a bit smaller, so it would look more like a proper pattern. Go to the texture tab, once again in the right side. Change the scale to 20 on the X and Y scales.

There we go.

To be continued...