Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

Hello everyone I have made the instructions for Rome 2 benchmarking. Thank you for your participation again and your time!
    Last edited by alQamar; September 04, 2013 at 09:08 AM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

babydoc's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

My Benchmarks:
    All MAXED @5.0 GHz: 22.3 FPSThen I made a benchmark with what I call ESSENTIAL (It might not be otimal?)

@5.0 GHz 44.8 FPS and @ 4.7GHz 46.0 fps! LOLThese are my "essential" settings:
    What surprised the hat of my head is that all EIGHT CORES are being used.
    I see that they are in the 100's and 90's all of them!

AMD 8350 @5.0 GHz
    ATI 7850 GPU/MEM @1200/1400
    8 GB RAM
    SSD
    Last edited by babydoc; September 04, 2013 at 09:57 AM.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Specs:
    CPU: I5-3570k @ 4.2Ghz 1.1Vcore
    GPU: ASUS GTX 780 3gb directCU II oc @ 1030Mhz
    RAM: 8Gb DDR3 @ 2200Mhz
    Extreme average: 49.3
    Ultra average: 54.1
    High average: 63.8
    I appear to be getting better performance, but there's still some performance issues when it comes to big combat scenes and such.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Greve Af Göteborg; September 06, 2013 at 06:19 AM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

fast guy thanks. you do not have to write specs. only the FPS. All other things I obtain from the CPU-Z log. But thanks
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Laetus

Here's the CPU-Z log. I can't wait for the results. By the way, leaving the technical stuff aside, how do you feel about the game? I can't say I am dissapointed, but I do think that it could have used 2 or 3 more months of development. Many elements still need to be polished and fine tuned.

Hi Al Qalmar
    Benchmark 45
    Extreme 50.5
    Ultra 57.5
    High 64

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

thanks for the submissions

I will still collect results first. I hope they do not make a patch that changes performance a lot.

Right Ive scrolled through and read cant find benchmark for my laptop.
    Im not very optimistic but any idea if my laptop will run the game even on lowest settings.

Antholon II P340, Radeon Moblie HD5470 512MB, 3gb.

I could play Shogun smoothly on lowest settings.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

you gotta submit your own benchmarks then please. But if Shogun 2 runs that way it will not be better in Rome 2 tough :/. possibly the game is now even unplayable for you. perhaps the "unlimited memory" options does a trick for you he then uses system RAM additionally because you have only 512 MB on your card.

Thanks for reply. I know a little but not a great deal about computers. Dont want to pay out for the game if little chance can play it. Thanks.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hello everyone, I've procesed and validated your submissions! We have new results for AMD 8 core 8350 and a GTX 560TI, Intel i7-4770K and a GTX 780, Intel i7-2600K and a GTX 670, Intel i5-3500 and a GTX 780.

I've also added the conclusions in the results, so far they really founded!

All members that did submit "wild" results: Please use the instructions

Also the instructions have been updated aswell and are now very very simple as the DRA testing for Haswell has been dropped. DRA only works on Haswell iGPU not for external GPU solutions, so there is no need to force Haswell users to make an additional run and replacing the file.

Thanks for your participation. Feel free to link this thread into your signature, if you like it and give reputation aswell Though I would like to see MORE results
    Last edited by alQamar; September 06, 2013 at 07:47 AM.

DELETED
    Last edited by Aruberikku; July 31, 2023 at 05:16 AM.

babydoc's Avatar Semisalis

Icon1 Re: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

MAXIMUM: 22.4 FPSEXTREME: 29.4ULTRA: 40.2VERY HIGH: 50.4All 8 cores are being used! Dunno how much cos I cant look at it in real time.But looking at min/max all cores are at 100%.GPU was at 98% as max value, dunno realtime.LOOK AT VOLTAGE!!

Latest patch and AMD 13.10 beta drivers with CF fix and unlimited video memory:1920x1080 Extreme setup: 53fps average, 29fps min (maximum is capped at 66fps)1920x1080 Maximum including transparency: 25.5fps average, 7fps min 2560x1440 Everything maximum except transparency: 47fps avg, 29fps min (probably CPU limitation)With transparency, average framerate is cut in half and framerates go down to 7fps, lol.System in my sig with 2x7970@1100Mhz + 4770K@4.3Ghz
    Last edited by A Barbarian; September 06, 2013 at 02:15 PM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

thanks! but what for they have done this cap at 66 fps? cannot get this. saving energy on laptops perhaps?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

updated

07.09.2013 added prooved Rome results for systems: (AMD FX-8350 / AMD Radeon HD7850), (AMD FX-8320 / NVIDIA GTX 560Ti), (Intel i7-4770K / 2x AMD Radeon HD7970 crossfire), (Intel i7-4770K / NVIDIA GTX 780), (Intel i7-4770K / NVIDIA GTX 760), (Intel i5-3500 / NVIDIA GTX 780)

What exactly does unlimited video memory do?

'unlimited video memory' prevents the automatic downgrading of options behind the scenes. it's the only way that Rome 2 actually uses the settings you have selected in the graphics options.

When people with average computers say that they run ultra or extreme settings fine, then they are in reality often running something else because Rome 2 downgraded their settings without them noticing.

Ok, it seems that the AMD 13.10 drivers didn't really fix CF. On the battle field and the campaign map I see 0 performance difference between CF disabled and enabled. Only in the benchmark sequence there is a big difference (as long as I don't use 'vegetation alpha'). Also, it seems to me that the 1st patch made LOD worse and I suddenly see sprite units instead of proper 3D models on the battle field in medium to far distance (extreme settings + unlimited video memory options are used). And there is defenitely more late texture loading going on, especially on the campaign map. Stupidly, I forgot to make a backup of the Rome 2 folder so I can't compare.

Ok, I can't be bothered to put any more time into this train wreck called Rome 2 atm. Patch 1 ed up LOD and texture streaming (besides other stuff) and I can't manage to restore my original version. CF only works for the benchmark, not for battles not for the campaign map. There is no MSAA (at least not for AMD cards) causing all vegetation/untis/buildings to look like complete garbage and worse than Rome 1 with SSAA. I will go and play some mods from older TW games which will be more fun and look better.Cya.