Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

Default Re: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

from http://gamegpu.ru/rts-/-strategii/to...-test-gpu.html

But no found test with IVY-BRIDGE E (6 core model because the i7 4930K is at 550$ the only financially affordable

) on 2011 socket like that :

Photoshop Benchmark remove. Not related to Rome II. LestaT
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; September 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM.
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

thanks for reposting. Hopefully we can rely on own results asap the benchmark has been fixed. Can you please remove the Photoshop benches, they do not belong here. We cannot compare Warscape to any other process or application as it is very specific and also if the intention was to show up a comparison for other real life results. Thank you again.
    Last edited by alQamar; September 20, 2013 at 05:21 AM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hello everyone! CA seems to be very quick and hopefully by the next weekend we can proceed the benchmarking.

Why? This is what the new patch 3 log said

Fixed a bug in the Graphics Benchmark frame rate display that reported the wrong per-frame time.
    -
    I will test the beta patch 3 and report results if the issue is solved then.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

I can report that the described issue with the benchmark tool in Rome 2 is completely solved. Thank you very much for that MatthiasCA!

Happy about it was done so fast. The fix is included in the upcoming patch 3, currently tested with the patch 3 beta

i7-2600k 4.6 GHz, GTX 670 FTW, lowest preset.

Last edited by alQamar; September 21, 2013 at 02:06 PM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hello everyone I've ran the benchmarks with the patch 3 beta and the latest NVIDIA drivers (standard driver settings). If you like you can repeat yours now aswell or wait for the official patch 3 release day. Thanks for your participation.

Protector's Avatar Senator

With Beta patch3

Rome 2 Benchmark test with the latest NVIDIA driver:

i7-2600k 3.4 GHz, GTX 690, 16.0 GB RAM, lowest preset. 155,9 FPS
    i7-2600k 3.4 GHz, GTX 690, 16.0 GB RAM, extreme preset. Highest possible menu settings. 25,8 FPS
    Last edited by Protector; September 24, 2013 at 02:22 PM.

Libertus

Rome 2 benchmark test (patch 3 beta): cpu-z.txt
    core i7-4770K, radeon 7970, resolution 1920*1200

Libertus

OK, somehow TWC did not like the table I created, so:

full feature: 29.2fps
    preset extreme: 36.4fps
    preset ultra: 55.4fps
    preset high: 101.4fps

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

thank you navy!

Laetus

My PC specs: FX-8320 @ 4,1 GHz, 8 GB RAM, GTX 560ti.
    @ 1920x1080:
    - preset high: 85,8 FPS average
    - preset very high: 52 FPS average
    - preset ultra: 42,3 FPS average
    - preset extreme: 36,6 FPS average

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Thank you for your submission, I need your CPU-Z log pleaase Karpin otherwise I cannot take it in with the data I need.

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Phenom II x4 955BE(o.c. to 3,8 Ghz)
    Zotac GTX 760 AMP Edition!
    RAM Corsair 8GB 1333Mhz(2x4GB)
    Resolution 1920x1080

Full feature 22,3 FPS
    Extreme preset 25 FPS
    Ultra Preset 39,3 FPS
    Very High preset 52,2 FPS
    High preset 76,2 FPS

The attachment file is CPU-Z text file!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Laetus

Sorry, I forgot to add the CPU-Z log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Laetus

I will post once again the test results. It seems I forgot to tick the unlimited video memory box, thus my results were faulty. Here are the new, true results:
    @ 1920x1080:
    - preset high: 87,7 FPS average
    - preset very high: 50 FPS average
    - preset ultra: 34 FPS average
    - preset extreme: 20 FPS average

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Please do not tick the unlimited video at any case!
    Explaining unlimited video RAM switch:

The unlimiting video memory is even downgrading your performance as then he is "potentially" accessing the system RAM which is by far slower than the video RAM on a graphics card if he indeed run out of VRAM.
    It is helpful for integrated graphics like an Intel HD or AMD APUs etc as they operate on system RAM anyway and do not have VRAM.

The intention for this option switch is to solve / avoid is a potential limitation that is given by the BIOS (mostly 256 MB) for those iGPUs or very very old GPUs with DDR3 RAM as video ram included. Then it might not make a performance impact aswell.
    Or if you have an amount video RAM that is higher than the game does recognize, this option is helpful preventing downgrading.

In those cases unlimited VIDEORAM should be enabled. Again it should not be turned on at any cost.
    Last edited by alQamar; September 29, 2013 at 08:21 AM.

Sorry, but without 'unlimited VRAM' the benchmark results are worthless because the settings might have been downgraded.

Karpinskaia example shows that very well. His results with extreme preset were:
    - 36 FPS without unlimited video memory (most likely due to downgrading)
    - 20 FPS with unlimited video memory

I don't think a FX-8320 and a GTX560TI will give u 36 fps average on extreme. The GTX560TI usually has 1GB of VRAM. This will certainly cause downgrading. And one of the first settings to be downgraded are the shadows which will have a big impact on GPU (because of god-rays in forest)- and CPU (because of unit shadows) performance.

You should always use unlimited video memory. Otherwise, it's impossible to finetune the graphics settings since you never know which settings are actually active.

The possible performance problem you might get with that options is called 'texture swapping' and causes a very specific effect. During the 'texture swapping' your game will (almost) freeze for a few seconds and then continue normal. This usually happens when you turn the camera or you zoom in on something because that's the moment textures from main memory might be loaded into the video memory.

If you encounter this problem, the best solution is to downgrade texture resolution, because it's the single most important factor contributing to VRAM usage. Another one is shadow quality. This way you can effectively finetune all settings.
    Last edited by A Barbarian; September 30, 2013 at 05:07 AM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

This game makes me sick they said and it actually happen in mp you get a message for downgrading. So again the results are hard to compare. Because with 1GB VRAM he could avoid downgrade but running on system ram

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Sorry lads. I stopped working on benchmark - results are currently not longer comparable due to technical limitations (auto downgrade, no seperate CPU / GPU benchmarks, CPU bottlenecking issues generally)
    in Rome 2 and Shogun 2 results are not longer comparable to Rome 2 ones. I hope CA can fix these and we can continue later.

With my 3570k @ 4.5 GHz and my 6970, I get ~31.9 FPS in the Shogun 2 DX9 CPU benchmark. Is this normal, or a little low?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

I would need to know your resolution used and your settings. The best would be to use the preferences.script.txt located in the shogun 2 benchmark section Blado.