Thread: Can't seem to find Radious mods forum post

Default Can't seem to find Radious mods forum post

hey guys I'm currently playing the Radious mod for Rome 2 I haven't been posting here in a while but can't seem to find any of he's forum post anymore, has he left ?. I cant seem to recruit anymore generals in my Parthia campaign any help please. Attachment 358733

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Can't seem to find Radious mods forum post

try his discord..or patreon?
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

It looks like all of Radious' mega hosted mods were moved to the morgue. Damn I never heard anything about this.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Not our decision. But master admin thinks that if we do giveaway or have optional support option for our 12 years of work, we are criminals and deserve to be banned and deleted.

Active here more then 10 years, helped TWC to get crowded since Napoleon times, hosted section in every TW since Shogun 2. Hundrets of tutorials, videos, articles, pictures and ofcourse mods - all gone without even telling us at first. That is how they show respect to loyal modders who still keep their work on TWC aswell after 99% modders left already. Good way.

And thanks for kicking us from modding awards aswell, again without single word even when our mods were all nominated properly and in time. Imature and selfish behavior like i didnt saw for a long time.

Glad we moved 2 years ago to more safe areas then this, where you can lose everythnig in single day and without any word if someone had a bad sleep or mood. ust sad for all that work lost and people no longer can get all needed information from our mods, help and support which was all written here, but these will be forwarded to boss here to explain why this happened. Surely some awesome story is ready.

Despite all the recent silly hate and attacks (you can read more about it here - https://www.patreon.com/posts/state-of-affairs-27280835 ), we do keep modding and creating awesome content for everyone who is interested, our 3K overhaul is doing great and anyone can try it and enjoy it. We dont have time for childish wars, we are modders and we love what we do for people out there.

There is no way we can defend here, no control over forums or hosted sections, admin can delete all with single click if he wants, which happened to us. Good lesson after 10 years here, we move on, you can follow us on all our social media platforms if you wish and ofcourse steam workshop, we are active on all, everything is being regularly updated and all info shared.

Have a great day and weekend!
    Last edited by alhoon; July 02, 2019 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Unsolicited advertisement removed

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I know a different story, but maybe they lied to me too.
    It has been asked you to stop gaining money (via patreon or whatever) and you didn't do, so they kicked you out.
    Maybe that's the same reason why CA stopped giving you pre-releases.
    Is your right to ask money? Sure thing but adminstrators think differently.
    DeI team, just an example, take some money from patreon but they reinvest every penny into prize competitions.
    Do the same and I guess you'll be welcomed back, if you care.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 29, 2019 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I know a different story, but maybe they lied to me too.
    It has been asked you to stop gaining money (via patreon or whatever) and you didn't do, so they kicked you out.
    Maybe that's the same reason why CA stopped giving you pre-releases.
    Is your right to ask money? Sure thing but adminstrators think differently.
    DeI team, just an example, take some money from patreon but they reinvest every penny into prize competitions.
    Do the same and I guess you'll be welcomed back, if you care.

Our mods are free, always been free and always will be free. Patreon is completely optional support platform for creators of any kind. First nobody at TWC has any right to tell us what to do with the money from other people who are supporting our work. Second - we do regular giveaways, also one reason why our work was deleted here was that i shared this giveaway on twc.... and third, we do invest into modding far more then patreon income, our own resources are needed to maintain and keep growing our mod collection and platform around it. If we would not have regular jobs none of that would be possible. Its far from profitable business :-)

I never left, just our work was removed/deleted/hidden - if admin apologise and return all back its fine for me. But i dont expect that to happen, to old for this. So as said, we moved on and continue modding the way we want and the way our fans love our work for all these long years.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yeah, I get it and personally the more you gain/reinvest the more I'm happier for you.
    But...
    TWC has always been a free community, more or less, and any community must have some rules and rules in any community had always been pyramidal, in this case done by administrators/site owners.
    So... did they ask you to stop doing this gain/reinvest or they just had a "bad sleep or mood"?
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; June 29, 2019 at 08:35 AM.

Our hosted sections were removed without single word or warning or any intel that its going to happen. Reason i got after was that i made giveaway on our patreon and shared the article here for anyone interested and second reason was that i kept all our twc articles regularly updated with new updates and infos from our site. We made no requests for support here or anything.

So our work is gone because i kept all up to date for all these years even when i did not have to when our main base is for years elsewhere. Mod friendly place......

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Lots of misinformation here. I will post all the PMs if I need to, but first I will address the issue at hand.

TWC does NOT have a problem with someone using Patreon. You can have Patreon links in your mod forum, in your sig, and in your blog. The problem with Radious was that he would post an update with nothing but a link to his Patreon account. That is not posting an update, its just pure spam. He was contacted by Gigantus about this multiple times, dating back over the last year or so. Not only did he ignore Gigantus, he proceeded to give him a lengthy very incoherent rant.

This is very simple, if you post an update on TWC it needs to have the actual information in it. His posts simply said "Here is an update" and had a link to his Patreon account. That is NOT supporting TWC, in fact it is using the TWC platform to drive people off site to Patreon, where the information was locked behind a paywall. Very uncool. In addition he had a giveaway that was also locked behind a paywall, which is actually illegal in the US.

Since Gigantus had already had a few conversations with him about this, I decided to take a different approach and removed his forums from public view. Gigantus had failed to get through to him because Radious believes it should be OK to post like this. I knew I would get his attention and he would be forced to listen if he wanted his forums back in public view. I definitely got his attention, and got the same type of incoherent rants that Gigantus had gotten. When I told him he could not lock information behind a paywall, he denied doing it. When I showed him the links where it was done, I got told I was too stupid to understand how Patreon works. I don't give a crap how Patreon works, this is how TWC works...

Anyways, I told him he was not getting his forums back until he understood and agreed he was not to post like that. He sent me pages more rants, including one something along the lines of "If you don't own a Jaguar car then you cant talk about Jaguar cars" by which he meant since I didn't have a Patreon (I do) account I could not understand or make rules about Patreon. By this time I was tired of being ranted at and insulted, so I just ignored it and did not bother to respond. He is not getting his forums back.

He can post in the general discussion forums if he wants, and he can include a Patreon link if he wants. But that better not be the only thing in the post.

Thread closed. Use the Q & S for further discussion