Thread: Possible bug.

Default Possible bug.

Been playin a long campaign as gongsun zan and noticed some unaligned officers dissapear. Maybe computer kills them? But computer never goes to war with them so i was thinking maybe rebel forces kill them.

Another thing i noticed was that more generals seem to spawn unaligned as campaign progresses. This is really cool. I saw sun li spawn in my territory but instead of being unaligned he spawned rebel. I think he should be on unaligned force though since as rebeai factions will kill him? I dont know if you guys meant to spawn him rebel or not.

Default Re: Possible bug.

Sounds interesting, might be a bug, but not sure either.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Sometimes characters of the Unaligned factions, just like any other faction, will turn rebel under certain conditions. So, no, not a bug.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Unaligned forces will not spawn but rebels will, given the proper circumstances like satisfaction\happiness.
    And as Seether mentioned, unaligned forces may desert just like other factions.

It wasnt a random rebel army i know how those work. It was a new historical named officer sun li. he was part of wei in the novel. Unless he had been hidden in trees whole time and then became rebel i think he spawned as a rebel general around turn 60.

Blog Entries

This is Sun Li in descr_strat- originally with the unaligned forces:
    Code:
    character    J-3119-SunLi, named character, male,  age 16 , x 120 , y 157, portrait A299
    traits JbAAAA0100 1 , Lz-3119-0 1 , Jn1001 2 , Jn2000 4 , Jn3000 6 , Jn4000 7 , Jn5000 6 , JnA1000 3 , JnA2000 2 , JnA3000 2 , JnA4000 1 , JnA5000 2 , JnA6000 1 , JnA7000 4 , JnA8000 1 , JnA9000 2 , Jnxg1000 2 , SunLi1100 1 , B2060JnAM-A 1 , C3160JnAY-A 1 , C3110JnQJ-A 1
    army
    unit        JiangJun_YongLiang_Ea        exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl
    He is sitting West of Fan Yang in between the trees close to the mountain range, so I guess he must have deserted at some stage.

Ok so i figured out that u have alot of unaligned generals hidin around in trees. Cant see them usin toggle fow.

Another bug maybe is that some settlment levels, maybe large city or huge city is coming up as vanilla city from med 2. This is in he bei region.

Blog Entries

The huge city level has got no custom models, so it will be 'vanilla'.

Is it something easy to fix or will we just have to deal wit hugecities like this for a while? And my campaign is over 150 turns now without a single ctd

Blog Entries

We do not have a team member that can create custom battle buildings, these were courtesy of backbone studio.
    Unless they make a model for that level we will have to stick with the vanilla huge city - we may have a look at removing that level completely.

SuperAnt's Avatar Libertus

Hey,

Just a little suggestion : could you prevent the Unaligned Generals from hiding in the trees ( because they use to do that and they are hard to find once they have disappeared )?

Also, even rebels, previous unaligned generals can still be bribed ( at the same price ) so there is no problem with this I think.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAnt View Post
    Also, even rebels, previous unaligned generals can still be bribed ( at the same price ) so there is no problem with this I think.
    The only problem is that the AI will kill them when they become rebel. Zhang yang, sui gu and zhang ji were all killed by zhang yan after turning rebel.

Double post but i found another possible bug. Some generals traits are getting all mixed up. I attacked a city of cao cao and the general inside is named yu gui. He had biography of cao zhen and cao xun. He also has the feat tiger and leopard elites and one arrow to kill a tiger... I dont know wats goin on but seems as if the generals spawning for cao cao are gettong random traits from the trait text file.
    Im in late game about 180 turns in so i think the code is startin to break down

There are quite a few historic children who come of age throughout the game, and they are supposed to get their respective biographies and traits based on the turn that hey come of age. The problem is that the turns were incorrectly tabulated, meaning that characters got the wrong bios and traits as you noted. The problem has already been corrected in the next patch.

What if am officer is adopted or created at that same time when a bio is supposed to go on some one coming of age. Will they also get that bio?

Blog Entries

We have build in a check that only the child of a certain father can have that bio trait.

One small bug : Sun Clan is red but his diplomat is green

y2day is reskinning diplomats. Nearly all of them are the wrong color right now.