Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any update on BC 2.4 ?

Default Any update on BC 2.4 ?

Hye I'm new to this BC forum and just wanted to ask for any update regarding BC 2.4? I've played BC 2.02 and its absolutely amazing, and what I've read about BC 2.4 and 3.0, well I've got a feeling that its going to be one helluva of a mod. Keep up the good work.

EastJerusalem's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Any update on BC 2.4 ?

I am wondering too. By the way, you may want to try the latest version, 2.3.2.2

It's been over a month since the last update about BC 2.4 was heard. Lets just hope they haven't given up bcuz it looks so promising.

I wanted to try out 2.3.2.2 but then I heard 2.4 was going to come out so I decided not to go with my plan along but wait for the latter version.But I might try giving it a second thought, what with all the...ah...speedy progress being made.
    Last edited by White Knight2; August 04, 2013 at 08:07 PM.

2.4 is on good way, but there are a lot of work which still need to be done, and modders have also a family and a professional life, so I strongly advice you to patch your BC until the last version, because it would not beeing released yet, and BC 2.4 might need the last 2.3.2 version .

@Byzantineboy
    I didn't mean any disrespect or rudeness by my last message. I totally appreciate the hardwork put in by the modders in preparing this ultra-super mod. By all means take your time with this mod, as I said before it looks really awesome. What I actually meant by the "update" was that its been a long time since we last heard about the game and I thought maybe the idea kind of died out,(I had heard that some team members left the team (I was wrong there)). Still keep up the good work.

PS. I was wondering what will be the starting area of "Uyunids of Al-Bahrain" ?

Is 2.4 going to be a comprehensive dowmload? If so, it will be a very attractive way to get the BC mod without the necessity of multiple downloads and installs.

I have the old BC mod (MTW2) and I thought it fantastic, save for the overpowered elephant forces of the Rajputs. I'm looking forward to 2.4 if it is imminent for Kingdoms, but don't really want multiple downloads to get to the BC goodness.

The overpowered Rajput elephants are offset by their massive maintenance cost in 2.02... god damn those guys were expensive

Campidoctor
    Civitate

3 questions:

1. How far is the progress (In percentage)?
    2. Will we see the 2.3 map or the one from the 3.0 preview?
    3. What new factions will be playabnle in 2.4?

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

1. We can't provide such an estimate, because we want to keep the list of 2.4 features flexible.

2. You will see the 2.3 map, but with new textures and new climates and ground types layer. Environments will be more diverse, not only semi arid and desert climate throughout the Middle East. I'd say the climates are at 70%. Ground types are yet barely touched. I'm working on it alone. It's not particularly difficult, but very time consuming, and spare time for me is a rarity. This has to be done, because we intend to give you 2.5 with the new map (twice as big as the current one), and this now is a valuable exercise.

3. The Uyunids, Atabegs of Azerbaijan, Atabegs of Mosul, Yemen and possibly also the Bavandids (although we can skip this one, we'll see).

Under the patronage of m_1512

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Ah, thanks for answer. Do you orientate on recent climazones or do you use any tool to simulate the climazones of the 12. century? If not, I suggest you the Google Earth plug-in "Blue Marble 3000" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Jwnp-Z3yE). Unfortunately, the downloadpage is down, but i uploaded Blue Marble on file-upload.net (http://www.file-upload.net/download-...3000h.kmz.html).

Btw.: Great mod, keep it up Can't wait to play Ethiopia and an overhauled Makouria.

Yes, I have based new climates on current climates, simply because I didn't have time to look for useful data and the map needs refreshment, and badly.

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out today and see how much it's helpful. The thing with satellite images is that it is difficult for an untrained eye to assess what climatic zone is it looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    2. You will see the 2.3 map, but with new textures and new climates and ground types layer. Environments will be more diverse, not only semi arid and desert climate throughout the Middle East. I'd say the climates are at 70%. Ground types are yet barely touched. I'm working on it alone. It's not particularly difficult, but very time consuming, and spare time for me is a rarity. This has to be done, because we intend to give you 2.5 with the new map (twice as big as the current one), and this now is a valuable exercise.
    It is a good thing that you will refresh the old BC map. Can you reveal the changes within provinces or will you keep all the news for the big preview?

3. The Uyunids, Atabegs of Azerbaijan, Atabegs of Mosul, Yemen and possibly also the Bavandids (although we can skip this one, we'll see).
    The major disadvantage of BC campaign is the huge area or rebells conrrolled provinces. The list of new BC factions presented above is almost perfect for elimination of those gigantic rebells zone. With one exception - I would switch Bavandids with Kerman. Anyway the target of BC evolution is perfect and the only wory of mine is about... release date. Any chance for a Christmas gift perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    Can you reveal the changes within provinces or will you keep all the news for the big preview?
    I won't reveal anything before a preview. However, the refreshed map will be most likely released separately, before 2.4, and even before that I will ask for volunteers to test the changes.
    The major disadvantage of BC campaign is the huge area or rebells conrrolled provinces. The list of new BC factions presented above is almost perfect for elimination of those gigantic rebells zone. With one exception - I would switch Bavandids with Kerman.
    We won't include Kerman, because that's additional work, and...
    Anyway the target of BC evolution is perfect and the only wory of mine is about... release date. Any chance for a Christmas gift perhaps?
    ...all delays bother us as well, so we want to release 2.4 as soon as possible. There is a chance for a Christmas gift (though rather in a form of a beta version), but I can't promise anything.

Good to hear that there is still guys working on BC. I stopped following the developement for a while, but be sure I'm waiting, I'm sure like dozens other players. Keep it up !

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Can we at least have an updated faction list? I don't remember seeing either the Uyunids or the Bavandids on the 3.0 preview, unless Mamlakat of Mazandaran changed names to Bavandids.

The Uyunids [of Bahrain], the Bavandids [of Mazandaran/Tabaristan].

The Uyunids weren't on BC 3 faction list, but we announced their addition quite a while ago, so it shouldn't be a surprise if you keep track of BC development.

Anyway, some preview of 2.4 at some point during this year is a possibility...

If I remember correctly the factions list for BC 3.0 included 29+1 factions so there was one free slot. I suppose Uyunids took it, right?

Yes.

Ohhh, I have been tracking development, but I thought the rebels took a faction slot, so I assumed you replaced a faction from the preview and replaced it with the Uyunids, thanks for clarifying.

Icon11 Re: Any update on BC 2.4 ?

Yes.
    It would also a very good idea to use revolts. As example the choise that you can make as the Umayyad Caliphate to Abbasid Caliphate with real history of course!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast