Thread: Suggestions about recruiting units

Default Suggestions about recruiting units

I seen this in another mod where you recruit troops based on the region of the map you are in. I think this would be good for this mod. If your in he bei region you recruit he bei units. Ba shu is ba shu units. Though id keep the unique faction units the as they are instead of regionalizing them. I know this is done by using hidden resources nd applying them to barracks requirment for recruiting unit. I think its kinda silly if you reach jingzhou as a northern warlord and still produce he bei troops from cities in that region. It just doesnt make logistical sense. This wouldnt hurt balance of game any as it seems all the regional troops have same exact stats but diffrent skins.

thoughts on this?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions about recruiting units

It is called AoR (area of recruitment) system. Normally based on the use of hidden resources or trading resources as condition for recruitment. This system has been used in that you can only recruit imperial troops in the initial capital, elephants only only in regions that have that trade resource etc.
    There isn't a huge culture diversity like Celts, Greeks, Egyptians were your suggestion would be perfectly viable (and easily noticeable), but we have made use of the principle.

Hey Gigantus,
    Sorry for bothering you again. Where can I recruit the "shock troop" cavalry in the liu bei faction and the "danyang troop", because it does not appear to be in the barracks. Is there a way to know where these "speacial" units can be recruited?
    Thanks for your help

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

open data\text\export_units and look up the unit's name. Then take the name in the brackets and look for it in the export_descr_buildings file.