Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Praise Thread

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Official TW: Rome II Praise Thread

I am, and I believe CA did some very, very interesting changes that I'm happy with.
    The pronince system, the 3 attributes for the agents, the caps on armies and agents... all fine by me. I like the big map and many factions too.

Yes, there are things that need fixing, they're mentioned in other threads. This one is for CA to know what they did right in this one to put in the next game.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Again, this is a praise thread. You can use one of the many complain threads for the criticism. Yes, the game has flaws. It also has good points. This one is about the good points. If you hate everything in the game and can't find one good thing CA changed, then please don't post here, post in the proper threads.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Guys this is a praise thread. Lets keep thoughts in this one positive. We have a complaints thread as well for things you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by "alhoon'
    Again, this is a praise thread. You can use one of the many complain threads for the criticism. Yes, the game has flaws. It also has good points. This one is about the good points. If you hate everything in the game and can't find one good thing CA changed, then please don't post here, post in the proper threads.
    Quite simply put, praise threads are flame bait. Especially when the "praise" is about a game like Rome 2.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVerySpecialK View Post
    Especially when the "praise" is about a game like Rome 2.
    Most of the people that I've spoken with about it, like the game. They like the province system, some of the new gameplay additions, the immersion the game offers or something else, but generally they're happy with it (although they usually point to a couple of things they want different).

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

I truly love the game. For me i didnt like shogun 2 very much, but this is easily one of the best games i have ever played.
    Have played mostly after patch 2 which seems solved most issues, as i dont have many issues with the game.

Good job CA

I think the Marketing Department has done a stellar job! Congrats to Craig and Will!

Game looks to be ripe for porting to consoles soon! Good job tech and design people!

I am looking forward to future expansions that will fill out immersion, fine tune AI, and restore missing elements! Good work AI Department and everyone else at CA on building customer anticipation for the future of Rome II Total War!

Finally, congrats to Sega for ensuring that the game was released according to schedule come hell or high water!
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; October 14, 2013 at 07:35 AM.

I do think the game is overall fun but it's skin deep so only worth playing to get a feel of it.

To me it's worth about £15 as is stands not full price...

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Im so happy that someone find this thread in the page 816 of total war rome2 general discussion,is that since 19 September nobody praise this game.
    Last edited by pajomife; October 14, 2013 at 07:58 AM.

Make that a second one.

Good game
    Last edited by Agent Provocateur; October 14, 2013 at 08:42 AM.

I like it, some small things bother me but none the less I like it. I cant wait for my buddy to buy it so we can play together and have combinded battles with phalanx and legions working together

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I just think of Stalin`s conferences when I see this, where the `yes men` will randomly stand up and spend 10 minutes squawking how wonderful he is because they`re afraid Stalin might purge them if they don`t.

I think the Marketing Department has done a stellar job! Congrats to Craig and Will!

Game looks to be ripe for porting to consoles soon! Good job tech and design people!

I am looking forward to future expansions that will fill out immersion, fine tune AI, and restore missing elements! Good work AI Department and everyone else at CA on building customer anticipation for the future of Rome II Total War!

Finally, congrats to Sega for ensuring that the game was released according to schedule come hell or high water!
    Lol. Stalin might have to think about that one a bit before saying, `PURGE HIM!`

i luv it rome 2 is by far my favorite TW game each battle feels completely epic after patch 4 for me but again haters gonna hate.
    My Specs derrty!!!
    Monitor: ASUSV236H 23inch 120hz 3D Monitor
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
    Ram: 12GB
    Hard Drive: 2TB
    Mother Board: EVGA X58 FTW3
    GPU's : 3 NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 570 graphic cards in SLI mode PhysX,Direct 11,3D Vision Enabled.
    my system is a beast...

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    If you say excrement, excrement very fast, it does sound like excellent! just saying like!
    Hahaha....I guess you say something enough times you begin to believe it.

I do enjoy the audio in the game. I don't mean the music but the battle sound effect are spot on for me.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Rome II is my favorite TW. It has some strange design choices and issues, but I'm enjoying it a lot.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Icon6 I confess...I am loving Rome II right now

I have seen the complains people have with Rome II. I have been playing TW games since the days of the first Shogun TW. Pre-ordering the game was a temptation. After the release the reviews and forums held me back. I finally bought the game late last year during the holiday season for $30. I am having fun with it. All the problems people are talking about, I am not getting. Since its working for me, I am very pleased.

I have finished a couple of Roman campaigns. Then started off a Macedon and an Egyptian campaign. I have so far tried Radious and D.E.I. mods, and I am more inclined towards Radious. I was not having fun when I started, cause the AI was beating me. I have played the game before but I mostly auto-resolve my battles. I don't have the willingness of micro-managing the battles. I tried playing on the Normal settings for the Macedon campaign, but then lowered it to Easy. The whole point of the game for me is to have pleasure for a few hours after work.

Just wanted to share this with everyone.

SaeedOnWeb
    Few men are born brave, many become so through training and force of discipline.

- Vegetius

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

Default Re: I confess...I am loving Rome II right now

With mods, it isn't terrible. Vanilla is a completely different beast however.

You are right. The mods make a great difference. SEGA and CA did have a rushed release. However, now the game is not as awful as some would suggest.
    Few men are born brave, many become so through training and force of discipline.

- Vegetius

spiderknight's Avatar Ordinarius

Hello my name is spiderknight and i to have been enjoying rome 2. Haha this thread kinda came off as an AA meeting. In all seriousness though i play totalwar for the the battles, and after patch 9 and DEI i find the land battles to be most enjoyable. Other aspects of the game need work still. With mods it is rather fun.