Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Praise Thread

Default Re: The more I see of Rome II.....

Quote Originally Posted by tamabald View Post
    Why is he still here? What a nice way to treat other people. I too am playing only "older" Total War games (up to Empire). Should I leave too? We who find Total War series is getting dumber nowadays are not worthy being on this forum, right?
    I asked why he was here because he said he was giving up TW games. If you want nothing to do with a series of games why would you be on a forum dedicated to them? Fairly nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by ptoss1 View Post
    There will be no modding. You are all naive.
    I'll bite... So out of nowhere there will be no modding? What about the modding summit this month? The modding work being done in the Warscape engine? Huh...

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    I'm laughing at the all the fanboys who will have spent their parents $60 and moved onto Battlefield 4 by October.
    You might want to check out the thread with cheaper prices You also seem to forget this is a fansite. Should we not be, er, fans? Since this post is obviously meant to rile up, I'll answer in kind and tell you that Battlefield 4 comes out in November for half the world

Are you sure you're not looking for the official complaint thread, Huberto? I think you should check it out, it seems to be your cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Daily View Post
    I think you need to be online to activate it but that might not be a problem?
    Yeah I could do that. By turning someone's iPad into a mobile hotspot if nothing else, or visiting an internet cafe if I really had to. I'm more concerned about downloading a 20-30 gigabyte game though.

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great View Post
    Yeah I could do that. By turning someone's iPad into a mobile hotspot if nothing else, or visiting an internet cafe if I really had to. I'm more concerned about downloading a 20-30 gigabyte game though.
    I'm considering taking my computer home one of the weekends after I start to study. I have good internet here, not sure if I will have internet where I will be living in a week. Hell I don't even know where I will live yet. When it comes to pre-ordering, I think I'll just flip a coin if I can't decide.
    Proud patron of Confederate Jeb and FalconPilot
    View how Grouchy makes a Hoplon shield!

Default Re: Official TW: Rome II Praise Thread

Hannibal trailer was epic. Carthage must not be destroyed.

​Scoodlypooper Numero Uno

I praise the new trade routes - if they are historic.

I...liked the Hannibal trailer? "OVER THE ALPS? HAHHAHAHA SON U CRAZY"

I praise the video blog where we were presented with the small Catapult toy. I'm always in trouble on X-Mas eve/morning (strike as necessary) since I don't know how to assemble the various toys I buy for my familily.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm really excited. I have school that day, but hopefully my Collector's Edition is there before the 3rd so I can preload.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

I'm really excited about the use of Corinthian Helmets for Spartans. I might use that as an example of how computer games can make pupils more interested in history.

kerrfox's Avatar Civis

I'm really excited about all the complaints I can get off of TWC's "Offical TW: Rome II Praise Thread" for my "Complaint Directory" on the other forum. Thanks to one and all!

I think this game looks really good. A lot of people complain about little things that I really don't care about, but that's find for them to complain, it's not like I care honestly. I will just enjoy the game, and messing around in it doing whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuval View Post
    I think this game looks really good. A lot of people complain about little things that I really don't care about, but that's find for them to complain, it's not like I care honestly. I will just enjoy the game, and messing around in it doing whatever.
    Well said Akuval.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Rome 2 Total war PRAISE thread. What you think CA did right!

Personally I like R2TW and I'm glad for my purchase. I've already spent many hours enjoying the game. Yes, the game has some flaws; there are already countless threads about them.
    I think there are too many complain threads for a game as good as R2TW is. So I decided to make a thread on what people LIKE in R2TW and what they would like to see in future games. Which of the new features work well, what clicked etc.

Personally, I like the big map with the many provinces and settlements.
    I also like the new province system, since it makes managing those settlements a lot easier.
    I find the game immersive.
    I like the simple-yet-effective agent stats and actions.
    I love that veterans can train an army slowly, nice and realistic touch.
    I like the way the campaign works; food, army upkeep, recruitment, movement, attrition, cultures, techs etc. I don't mean the CAI (while I don't have a problem with it).
    I like that there is a hard limit on armies and agents (That is easily modded if you want to change it).
    I like that the "Small" factions can actually own the game. You may well face the huge and powerful Nassamones Empire or Royal Scythia Empire, with Carthage and Rome being footnotes in history.

I also like the game's modability; I was able to mod squalor, food consumption, technology research times and double the hit points of units with minimal effort thanks to the tools of the community.
    I loved that when someone asked about the rest of the 100+ factions, Lusted just jumped in and said "To unlock them, do X". I was astonished. All those functions that CA could sell in DLCs were given to the mod community by CA's Lusted.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: Rome 2 Total war PRAISE thread. What you think CA did right!

They fulfilled SEGA's deadline and raked in the cash they wanted. That's honestly the only good thing I can say for what CA did.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Merged praise threads.

Default Re: Rome 2 Total war PRAISE thread. What you think CA did right!

Argh, I didn't know the tab key posts your reply... anyways, continuing on..

- Additional diplomacy factors should include:
    - Hold their ancient lands (like if Rome lost Roma to barbarians, then you take it back but keep it, they should WANT it back!)
    - In their way of their expansitionist plans, if they covet your lands
    - If they fear your power, they shouldn't want you to become too powerful because you'll steamroll everyone which you do at mid-late game
    If diplomacy is fixed I reckon the campaign difficulty would be more fun, right now its still a steamroll

But we're talking good things about the game yes? Well the above is a good thing, but like much of the game; the concept is there, just badly implemented. For the record I do love this game

Well, looks like I lost half my post, other half:

- Loading times to and fro battle alot better than in Shogun 2
    - Large amount of factions, but only after patch 2, pre-patch it was an annoyance due to insane end turn times
    - Soldiers talk amongst themselves / make funny comments
    - Cinematic camera is fun
    - Combined naval/army battles, when it works and AI doesn't glitch
    - Campaign map is brilliant and pretty and city growth well represented
    - Line of sight system a good addition
    - Diplomacy is now transparent, but needs work

I like the game, I find it fun...is it broken? yes, but its still enjoyable and I cant wait till it gets fully patched. The AI is pretty good, and the campaign is fun too, the only really big complaint I have is the 1tpy that makes everything die fast.

Great graphic and map. And the Collector's Edition is fantastic

@RomanHeart How is that card game about the punic wars?