Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Praise Thread

Default Re: Roman Hastati maintain cohesion, battles aren't over in five seconds, and AI does not seem to be completely rubbish

so the skirmish mode still doesnt work and still got some dumbasses standing around and gets whacked.

ai can spot hidden units so they blob up nearby, but dont attack.

cavalry told to run away get stuck in battle and ignore move here command and gets complety wiped out.

the point of defensive stance on the batlemap?
    the fort was way to small to fit anything inside, just a more hidden cap point?

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

Default Re: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED ?!!! The "Unofficial "Praise thread?

Tried to take recreation leave from work in september #was denied......Thats because to me Rome 2 should be celebrated as a holiday. September 3 my love life progresses from critically endangered to extinct.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Roman Hastati maintain cohesion, battles aren't over in five seconds, and AI does not seem to be completely rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    Then I suppose the whole "barbarian" unit tree was made of canon fodder units. Even then Romans unit from BI flee extremely easily two.
    As it turns out, Comitatenses were like average barbarian units with more discipline, training, armour and availability of a javelin/dart for throwing.

Limitanei just...sucked. Even poor barbarian peasants won against them.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Default Re: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED ?!!! The "Unofficial "Praise thread?

I still haven't pre-ordered, but I probably will on steam (or through gamestop, don't know yet).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ- come and take them!

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow2daknee View Post
    Even though Al is ironically a very bad player, the A.I. seemed good, the only bad thing I saw in the video was the annoying eye things above the units and the large UI. As for battle speed, it looks great, and the unit speed looks good aswell. He should have gotten more closeups, but the killing animations that I did see were great as well.
    AI was decent in that battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by HinFoo View Post
    so the skirmish mode still doesnt work and still got some dumbasses standing around and gets whacked.

ai can spot hidden units so they blob up nearby, but dont attack.

cavalry told to run away get stuck in battle and ignore move here command and gets complety wiped out.

the point of defensive stance on the batlemap?
    the fort was way to small to fit anything inside, just a more hidden cap point?
    Some of your AI points are valid concerns but really? The fort? Really? It's not like the previous TW games were any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    As it turns out, Comitatenses were like average barbarian units with more discipline, training, armour and availability of a javelin/dart for throwing.

Limitanei just...sucked. Even poor barbarian peasants won against them.
    I noticed that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post

Some of your AI points are valid concerns but really? The fort? Really? It's not like the previous TW games were any better.
    so the point of defensive stance is to place some walls around the cap-point?

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Official TW: Rome II Praise Thread

I am loving each new update, September 3rd can't come fast enough!
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Clearly this is a community that will always find a plethora of faults in anything its ever shown and simultaneously call the bright spots 'decent'.

Personally with regards to the IGN video, this is looking stellar.

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

I dont knowif this info was known but the guy playing pretty much suggests there may be slave revolts caused by gladiators.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by HinFoo View Post
    so the point of defensive stance is to place some walls around the cap-point?
    There doesn't appear to be a capture point. Maybe I'll have another look.

DaciaJC's Avatar Semisalis

Forts in RTW were large enough to comfortably enclose a fullstack.

There doesn't appear to be a capture point. Maybe I'll have another look.
    Yes, Al Bickham says there is a capture point in the fort.

There is a capture point in the fort, it can bee seen in many scenes when he turns camera on that direction.

Oh, and your fort is modded DaciaJC. It isn't the original RTW one. RTW forts were very small.

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

After seeing the battle of the Nile, i was really worried about the combat mechanics. But after seeing those prologue battles, i feel so relieved. Combat speed seems perfect (though ships could be a little slower, and the forts much bigger...), the AI doesn't seem totally dumb and the game feels so better polished. Really can't wait now.
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Primicerius

There is a capture point in the fort, it can bee seen in many scenes when he turns camera on that direction.

Oh, and your fort is modded DaciaJC. It isn't the original RTW one. RTW forts were very small.
    Thanks and yeah, that fort is modded. Forts in RTW and M2TW were very small. Personally, I can't wait for fort mods.

with the slower battle speed in the latest video i have hardly any complaints anymore. this was by far my biggest issue with the game

now i m still a bit sad that we wont have battle speeches or agent cutscenes anymore but oh well, i think i can live with that

the new features and changes in the gameplay mechanic (especially on campaign map) are just awesome and make the game surprisingly more fresh than i had expected. it s definitely more than just a Shogun2 with a different map, other factions and other units.

also, if only half of the scenes and animations from the intro video are actually ingame footage then... omgomgomg i gonna make my most awesome youtube vids evar

DaciaJC's Avatar Semisalis

It's from a mod, yes. Here's part a vanilla fort taken from an MP match:

Significantly bigger than the fort shown in today's gameplay.

Thanks and yeah, that fort is modded. Forts in RTW and M2TW were very small. Personally, I can't wait for fort mods.
    Absolutely true there. I can't wait for fort mods either, especially for forts that have gates.

Quote Originally Posted by DaciaJC View Post
    It's from a mod, yes. Here's part a vanilla fort taken from an MP match:

Significantly bigger than the fort shown in today's gameplay.
    That seems normal, although I think it might still be large. But thanks for the pic.

I will post a pic of Medieval II fort in comparison.
    Last edited by General Maximus; August 01, 2013 at 06:17 PM.

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by DaciaJC View Post
    Forts in RTW were large enough to comfortably enclose a fullstack.

Unless I'm absolutely mistaken that's not a vanilla Roman fort. This one's modified. It's bigger, has earth ramparts inside the (higher) walls, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

Default The more I see of Rome II.....

...the more confident I am that it will be an awesome game.

There's been so much speculation on every tiny aspect of the game, but it looks amazing TBH - everything from the beautiful campaign map, to the new traditions, battle system, unit mass, attention to detail (did you see how the Roman pila visibly destroyed enemy shields? )... just to name a few.

I may just end up pre-ordering the game after all.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: The more I see of Rome II.....

Good for you son.