Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Praise Thread

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Default Re: I confess...I am loving Rome II right now

I have fun with it now too, but I also get frustrated at obvious AI bugs, bad performance and just the lack of .... character the game has.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    CA is trying to settle on Rome II for modabillity it is a bigger game and well suited for it so yes, hopes up!
    Same here we already got med2 knights in rome 2 now!!!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

I never thought i would say this since I was so disapointed at launch, but the game is good now. Had some good fun and challenge with it the last couple of days. Still many flaws thou.

"We shall have world government, whether or not we like it. The question is only whether world government will be achieved by consent or by conquest" - James Paul Warburg

Hi, I'm also enjoying the game, but I have another confession to make, I'm enjoying it since september and played the whole time on vanilla :O :O

Allthough I was dissapointed, it didn't stopped me from having fun though, never got into Rome total war, medieval II total war and Empire where the games where I have spend so much time on that all together I might have lost a whole year of my life just on those two games, at least several months :p (and then I really mean if I count every hour I've played, so that it would be the same like playing a year long 24/7/52 xD). But somehow I thought the time period wasn't my thing. Rome II has proven the opposite, I'm loving the time period now, so there must be something despite the bugs and bad design choices that Rome II has that Rome didn't had, at least for me personally. I now have 791 hours of playtime according to steam, so roughly 300 hours wait time I guess xD
    Last edited by Swamidude; February 10, 2014 at 06:16 AM.

Just had a battle in my Baktrian campaign, while listening to the soldiers chatter one dude said:

"He said, what you do in life echoes in eternity"

The reply: "Bloody Romans!"

Well, having played all the total war games I must say, that in my opinion if you look away from the partly broken siege AI, then this AI is the most challenging of all the total war games without a doubt. I started out as Suebi on very hard as I usually do on the total war games and I am getting a real challenge compared to earlier games.

"We shall have world government, whether or not we like it. The question is only whether world government will be achieved by consent or by conquest" - James Paul Warburg

antred's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Well, having played all the total war games I must say, that in my opinion if you look away from the partly broken siege AI, then this AI is the most challenging of all the total war games without a doubt. I started out as Suebi on very hard as I usually do on the total war games and I am getting a real challenge compared to earlier games.
    CA simply upped the amount of AI cheating going on (anyone want to explain to me how all those one-region-minors can not only afford maintaining such giant armies but also replace them in a heartbeat when one gets wiped out?). I have not witnessed any increase in AI competence whatsoever.

Sun Jetzu's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by antred View Post
    CA simply upped the amount of AI cheating going on (anyone want to explain to me how all those one-region-minors can not only afford maintaining such giant armies but also replace them in a heartbeat when one gets wiped out?). I have not witnessed any increase in AI competence whatsoever.
    This is why I just got a mod that limits the small factions and makes the larger factions stronger
    One Punch Man Series VS My Hero Academia Series - Who's Better?

Quote Originally Posted by saeedonweb View Post
    I have finished a couple of Roman campaigns. Then started off a Macedon and an Egyptian campaign. I have so far tried Radious and D.E.I. mods, and I am more inclined towards Radious. I was not having fun when I started, cause the AI was beating me. I have played the game before but I mostly auto-resolve my battles. I don't have the willingness of micro-managing the battles. I tried playing on the Normal settings for the Macedon campaign, but then lowered it to Easy. The whole point of the game for me is to have pleasure for a few hours after work.

Just wanted to share this with everyone.

SaeedOnWeb
    OMG realy you dont play big battles to me campaign map is only to get to battles i never liked campaign map i will play this game if campaign was just series of battles

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

Well, vanilla Rome 2 was - in my opinion at least - a hundred times better than vanilla Rome 1. I didn't really experience any of the plethora of issues other people were reporting, and aside from minor annoyances with the AI, I actually had a lot of fun from the get-go. It's definitely improved a lot though, and now that we have a decent number of mods out, I don't see any cause for complaint.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
    Well, vanilla Rome 2 was - in my opinion at least - a hundred times better than vanilla Rome 1. I didn't really experience any of the plethora of issues other people were reporting, and aside from minor annoyances with the AI, I actually had a lot of fun from the get-go. It's definitely improved a lot though, and now that we have a decent number of mods out, I don't see any cause for complaint.
    Funny how you weren't around when the all hell was breaking loose here -- presumably because of the shoddy state of the game at release? If you can't stand the heat...retreat to the official forums I guess.

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    Funny how you weren't around when the all hell was breaking loose here -- presumably because of the shoddy state of the game at release? If you can't stand the heat...retreat to the official forums I guess.
    You're joking? Right? Not only was I here, but I was playing the game at release. The only time I wasn't on here, was when the damn site refused to load for several weeks straight. Try again.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
    You're joking? Right? Not only was I here, but I was playing the game at release. The only time I wasn't on here, was when the damn site refused to load for several weeks straight. Try again.
    Ha ha OK...if you were here talking about how much you loved TWR2 it must have been under a different name. Until today you haven't posted since August 27 says the database. I sure haven't seen you around.

❋ Flavius Belisarius ❋'s Avatar Semisalis

I love this game, hate the rush release and sad of what happened after the release. I love antiquity and I wanted Rome II to be the more loved game of the serie, but people will never forget all the bugs at the released, neither do I
    The description Last of the Romans (Ultimus Romanorum) has historically been given to any man thought to embody the values of Ancient Roman civilization —values which, by implication, became extinct on his death. It has been used to describe a number of individuals.
    Flavius Belisarius (505?–565), one of the greatest generals of the Byzantine Empire and one of the most acclaimed generals in history. He was also the only Byzantine general to be granted a Roman Triumph.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Jetzu View Post
    This is why I just got a mod that limits the small factions and makes the larger factions stronger
    What mod is this sun?Is it on the steam workshop?

I am not very good at playing battles. If I could play the whole game in campaign mode, I would; and I think I have, seriously. Battles don;t always go well for me. Its hard. Are there any good guides for learning how to fight battles in R2TW?

Battles or not, I just love the game. I enjoy playing it with and without the mods. Steam tells me I have played more than a 100 hours so far. I have a job, I am studying for some exams as well, plus the family, so playing for a 100 hours is huge for me. Its more about the escape and the romance of the time period that fascinates me.
    Few men are born brave, many become so through training and force of discipline.

- Vegetius

Rome II is why Rome I mods are so popular right now. Hell I'm thinking of reinstalling it for about the 10th time.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    Rome II is why Rome I mods are so popular right now. Hell I'm thinking of reinstalling it for about the 10th time.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Might do that just to try the mods that are out there. When I played the original Rome TW, it was never with any mods. I only started using mods while I was playing M2TW.
    Few men are born brave, many become so through training and force of discipline.

- Vegetius

Ronin's Avatar Biarchus

People who confess:

- People who have committed some form of bad or undesirable action.
    - RTW2 'fans'.

Hmm... There's a pattern there somewhere .

"I am ronin because I serve no master.

The set of principles that denote absolute justice require no
    subordinates.
    I am a warrior of justice."
    ~ Ronin

I must confess, I had fun with a rock and 2 sticks today. Sure, one of the sticks was bent and had been laying in some cow dung, but overall it was an enjoyable experience. It's all about perception, you can have fun with anything if you put your mind to it. Even an old pair of shoes can be fun: just tie the laces and watch, then untie the laces again after you have watched sufficiently, rinse and repeat.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.