Thread: Re-Release ChivTW 1.051 Exe-Installer Version

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Icon2 Re-Release ChivTW 1.051 Exe-Installer Version

Hello guys,

i just was digging out one original full installer version for ChivTW 1.051, which was done back in the days (found all that old modding stuff on a reactivated Win XP pc, i've put this exe installer ChivTW file now onto my fast external harddisk, waiting for an upload via my current quickest pc).

So for everybody who still wants to install/play ChivTW in a more comfortable way, i intend to upload that installer version (ChivTW_1.051.exe file, 495 MB).
    It should be afterwards pretty easy for everybody to update to ChivTW 1.07 with the 1.07 patch zip file (still available in the main thread, via TWC Downloads).

Issue is, that all recent tried servers are not consistent in keeping mod files, so give me some suggestions which free servers work good, reliable and comfortable for the up-/ and downloaders* (in every land, if possible), i'll then upload it one time to the server which is suggested as best option, probably coming friday evening or saturday daytime (middle european time).

*server which requires no registration/login, no time-limitation and such crap.

EDIT

Check post # 9 and/or # 10.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 23, 2013 at 01:56 PM.
    # Anthropocene # not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA # Deforestation # Plastic Emission # The Blob # Uninhabitable Earth # Savest Place On Earth # ICAN # MIT study "Falsehoods Win"
    # "there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth. Mind viruses of the Right: Religious fundamentalism, chauvinism, fascism and populism. Driven by arrogance and ignorance paired with reactionism.
    # "Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    # My Modding List # The Witcher 3 - LoreFriendlyTweaks - The lore way to play the game

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Re-Release ChivTW 1.051 Exe-Installer Version (Planned)

Maybe depositfiles or rapidshare ?
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Patrician Artifex

Rapidshare is crap imo., depositfiles ...don't know, could be i used it already, most don't take more than 150 MB or so, or have other issues.

I found now megashares.com (obviously a known server located in the US, didn't know it as of yet), uploading currently, it's slow, but seems to have no other crappy properties.
    # Anthropocene # not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA # Deforestation # Plastic Emission # The Blob # Uninhabitable Earth # Savest Place On Earth # ICAN # MIT study "Falsehoods Win"
    # "there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth. Mind viruses of the Right: Religious fundamentalism, chauvinism, fascism and populism. Driven by arrogance and ignorance paired with reactionism.
    # "Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    # My Modding List # The Witcher 3 - LoreFriendlyTweaks - The lore way to play the game

Nelduin's Avatar a.k.a ALG & echuu

ModDB is definately the best.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    ModDB is definately the best.
    That's right, but it takes some time until files are given free, and if the dl isn't used by registed users or better said if you are not logged on there, it links (nowadays) to gamefront ... .
    Maybe i take time to upload it addtionally to ModDB, tomorrow or saturday.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Thanks for your effort DaVinci,it is very apreciated

Patrician Artifex

I'm always impressed seeing how much TW players still use RTW and BI as platform.

As for some players using Steam even for these old games (and having issues with installing mods), i can only recommend to buy hardcopies (and removing the local installment from Steam for these old games), since they are really that cheap now. Edit: Just saw that RTW/BI hardcopies aren't that cheap, but for example here is a cheap Steam-less download 'Rome Collection' (RTW, BI, Alex), 9.95 €.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 01, 2013 at 09:09 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Upload to megashares.com failed when upload got to 100%, no idea why, server as well.

Will take ModDB.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 01, 2013 at 05:56 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Re-Release ChivTW 1.051 Exe-Installer Version

ChivTW 1.051.exe is uploaded to ModDB.

The mod file awaits authorisation by the server administration. Check out the official download section for availability.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 01, 2013 at 09:15 PM.

Patrician Artifex

ModDB download is working now.

Nelduin's Avatar a.k.a ALG & echuu

Great ! Perhaps you could upload the RS2 Environments add-on by Granto too ? The link seems to be dead, and it's a nice addition to ChivTW .

Patrician Artifex

I don't have that Environment Add-on mod.
    Such an upload must be done by another one.
    It might make most sense to upload it to TWC Downloads (as i guess it's not that big, and advantage is, TWC server holds up normally all uploads without time-limitation).

Hurrah! Couldn't play Chivalry TW for a while (Reinstalled RTW and accidentally deleted ChivTW installer) Looking forward to my favorite mod again!
    炸鸡

Patrician Artifex

You are welcome.
    We old RTW modders appreciate it, if RTW mods are still enjoyed by the community.

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Just installing the mod again myself, as well! Definitely my favorite RTW mod.

This is my first tw mod , I played 4 years a go when I first joined the forum , I got some nostalgic thinking these last days ...

It seems I just have to play it until my eyes burst .