Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Imjin mod (Korea campaign)

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Imjin mod (Korea campaign)

Are you guys still on for this? Cause I will totally join and help with the research!

Here are some maps of Ming China with the provinces
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Here is a map of the Qing dynasty, you probably won't need this but it has a good look at Manchuria which is nice to have anyway for reference.

Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; October 09, 2013 at 08:50 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Patrician

This is what I propose for the campaign map, since I don't know how this will be modded then I suggest that China itself is only made up of 8 or 9 provinces (on that picture as far west as Taiyuan). I suggest that we have 3 new factions: Joseon Korea, Ming China and Jin Jurchens.

The map should have the following provinces:

I suggest that the Japanese area only be Kyushu and Tsushima islands, Kyushu I divided up even smaller into Bungo (Bungo and Buzen), Higo, Hyuga, Satsuma (Satsuma and Osumi) and Hizen (Hizen and Chikuzen). I also researched all of the main cities for every single province which I labelled under "Province" and their "Capital" cities and I also researched the port facilities of that time which I placed under "Ports" (some provinces at the time had more than one major port, can multiple ports be modded into a single province?).
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; October 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

can this mod realy be done ?

It can be done. And is being done.

Patrician

I certainly hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post

This is what I propose for the campaign map, since I don't know how this will be modded then I suggest that China itself is only made up of 8 or 9 provinces (on that picture as far west as Taiyuan). I suggest that we have 3 new factions: Joseon Korea, Ming China and Jin Jurchens.

The map should have the following provinces:

I suggest that the Japanese area only be Kyushu and Tsushima islands, Kyushu I divided up even smaller into Bungo (Bungo and Buzen), Higo, Hyuga, Satsuma (Satsuma and Osumi) and Hizen (Hizen and Chikuzen). I also researched all of the main cities for every single province which I labelled under "Province" and their "Capital" cities and I also researched the port facilities of that time which I placed under "Ports" (some provinces at the time had more than one major port, can multiple ports be modded into a single province?).
    I'm not planning to add China or Manchuria at this point because I don't have any units for these factions, nor do I have the time to make these units. My current plan for the first release is to only add Korea and Korean units, though I may add China and possible Manchuria in a later release.

A region can only have 1 settlement, town, farm, and port. So I can't give a region multiple ports.

The current map I'm using is the one I made that gives Japan 148 regions, while Korea currently has 8 regions. If you want to help you could research major Korean cities and the districts these cities were in so I can increase the number of regions. I recommend focusing on cities that were most important during the Japanese invasions of Korea. To assist you I've uploaded the current map of Korea. The coloured areas are regions, the red squares are settlements, the blue lines are rivers, and the dark areas are mountains. Feel free to draw new regions and settlements on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails korea map.jpg  
    Last edited by uanime5; October 10, 2013 at 04:26 PM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

when is the start date? A.D. 1580? 1590?
    how many regions will be added for chosun?

Patrician

I figured as much, either way I thought that it would be helpful. If you look at my chart and look at the Korean section I wrote the 8 provinces with their capitals and ports. I'm already planning on making a more in depth map of Korea. How many provinces are you looking to add? Because the problem with Korea is that other than the capital cities there weren't very many other important cities other than smaller strategically placed forts. I could look into these forts and castles more if you want. But I need to know how many more provinces you are looking to add for Korea.

Really I think that I could stretch the Korean provinces from 8 to about 15, maybe a couple more than that.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; October 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gookbbong View Post
    when is the start date? A.D. 1580? 1590?
    how many regions will be added for chosun?
    It will start in 1545, so the player can attack Korea whenever they want. At present Korea has 8 regions but I plan to add more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    I figured as much, either way I thought that it would be helpful. If you look at my chart and look at the Korean section I wrote the 8 provinces with their capitals and ports. I'm already planning on making a more in depth map of Korea. How many provinces are you looking to add? Because the problem with Korea is that other than the capital cities there weren't very many other important cities other than smaller strategically placed forts. I could look into these forts and castles more if you want. But I need to know how many more provinces you are looking to add for Korea.

Really I think that I could stretch the Korean provinces from 8 to about 15, maybe a couple more than that.
    As Korea's main advantage was their navy I'll need more provinces with ports so that Korea can easily build up a large navy when they're attacked. Forts and castle will also be useful as I can use them to make it more difficult to conquer Korea.

15 or more regions should be fine. I haven't started on the roads and borders yet so it will be easy to add more regions.

A list of which towns I should add to which regions would also be helpful. Here's a list of the vanilla towns and what they do.

SHO_region_specialty_artisans [make bows or paper]
    SHO_region_specialty_gold_mining [increased region wealth; only use in regions where they mined gold]
    SHO_region_specialty_holy_site [better monks; only use in regions where they had shrines or temples (the name of the shrine/temple would also be useful)]
    SHO_region_specialty_horses [resource improved horses; only use in regions where they trained horses]
    SHO_region_specialty_iron_mining [resource iron; only use in regions where they mined iron]
    SHO_region_specialty_naval_tradition [better ships; effectively useless in regions without a port]
    SHO_region_specialty_ninja [better ninjas]
    SHO_region_specialty_philosophical_tradition [better Metsuke, can become a library or court]
    SHO_region_specialty_prime_forest [resource timber; only use in regions where they have trees]
    SHO_region_specialty_smithing [better armour or weapons]
    SHO_region_specialty_stone [resource stone; only use in regions where they mined stone]
    Last edited by uanime5; October 11, 2013 at 02:47 PM.

korea's castle and japan's castle are many different.
    what do you think about that problem? will you make new model for korean castle? or use japanese castle model?

how about this region/settlement?

blue line is each region's boundary.and red point is a capital of each region. black line is rectify of mistaken terrian.
    as you see in this picture, geoje was a island.

historical grounds of my province map is this map, and korean wikipedia.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	km4.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	295671

historical grounds of my map is this map and korean wikipedia

province
    capital
    do
    ports
    dongrae-bu
    dongrae
    Gyeongsang
    pusan
    jinju-mok
    jinju
    Gyeongsang
    geoje
    sangu-mok
    sangu
    Gyeongsang
    N/A
    gyeongju-bu
    gyeongju
    Gyeongsang
    N/A
    andong-large dohobu
    andong
    Gyeongsang
    N/A
    suncheon-bu
    suncheon
    Jeolla
    yeosu
    jangheung-dohobu
    jangheung
    Jeolla
    N/A
    jeonju-bu
    jeonju
    Jeolla
    N/A
    naju-mok
    naju
    Jeolla
    haenam
    namwon-dohobu
    namwon
    Jeolla
    N/A
    hongju-mok
    hongju
    Chungcheong
    boryeong
    gongju-mok
    gongju
    Chungcheong
    N/A
    chungju-mok
    chungju
    Chungcheong
    N/A
    hansung-bu
    hanyang
    Gyeonggi
    incheon
    gaesung-yusubu
    gaesung
    Gyeonggi
    ganghwado
    haeju-mok
    haegu
    Hwanghae
    haegu
    hwanju-mok
    hwangu
    Hwanghae
    N/A
    pyeongyang-yusubu
    pyeongyang
    Pyeongando
    nampo
    anju-mok
    anju
    Pyeongando
    N/A
    Hamhung-bu
    Hamhung
    Hamgyeongdo
    N/A
    youngheung-large dohobu
    youngheung
    Hamgyeongdo
    N/A
    anbyun-dohobu
    anbyun
    Hamgyeongdo
    wonsan
    chuncheon-dohobu
    chuncheon
    Kwangwondo
    N/A
    gangneung-daedohobu
    gangneung
    Kwangwondo
    N/A

province and capital.
    do, bu, mok, dohobu, large dohobu, yusubu is name of chosun's administrative district.(like united state's state, country.)
    gaahwado is a island close to han river.
    chosun had very few major port in hamgyeong, kwangwon(chosun's east seacoast). unlike today, chosun's high population density area was jeollado, gyeoungsangdo, chungcheongdo. over 50%of people lived in this area during chosun dynasty. so jeolla, gyeongsang, chungcheong must be seperated with a lot of regions.

major commercial port of chosun was pusan, and major naval port was geoje, yeosu, haenam.

1- dongrae-bu
    2- gyeongju-bu
    3- jinju-mok
    4- sangu-mok
    5- andong-large dohobu
    6- suncheon-bu
    7- namwon-dohobu
    8- jangheung-dohobu
    9- naju-mok
    10- jeonju-bu
    11- gongju-mok
    12- hongju-mok
    13- chungju-mok
    14- hansung-bu
    15- gaesung-yusubu
    16- chuncheon-dohobu
    17- gangneung-large dohobu
    18- haeju-mok
    19- hwanju-mok
    20- pyeongyang-yusubu
    21- anju-mok

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	km8.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	295673

Thanks for all your help gookbbong.

how about this region/settlement?

blue line is each region's boundary.and red point is a capital of each region. black line is rectify of mistaken terrian.
    as you see in this picture, geoje was a island.

TWS2 doesn't turn small islands into passable area, unless they're linked to another area by a land bridge. So I can make Geoje into an island but it will be part of Sangu-mok.

Also on the map by there's two pale areas on the map by Chungcheong and Jeolla. In the original version of TWS2 they were used for the region controlled by the Nanban base and Wako pirates but in this mod I've moved these factions elsewhere. I was wondering if these areas are part of Korea or something extra that was added to Korea? If they're part of Korea I'll add them to the new region, but if they're not I'll turn them into sea.

korea's castle and japan's castle are many different.
    what do you think about that problem? will you make new model for korean castle? or use japanese castle model?
    I don't know if it's possible to make new models. I probably won't make new models in the first release.

UPDATE: what's a yusubu and dohobu? According to Wikipedia the Korean system it goes do (province), bu (major city), mok (large county), gun (county), and hyeon. Are they some sort of minor city?
    Last edited by uanime5; October 12, 2013 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Thanks for all your help gookbbong.

TWS2 doesn't turn small islands into passable area, unless they're linked to another area by a land bridge. So I can make Geoje into an island but it will be part of Sangu-mok.

Also on the map by there's two pale areas on the map by Chungcheong and Jeolla. In the original version of TWS2 they were used for the region controlled by the Nanban base and Wako pirates but in this mod I've moved these factions elsewhere. I was wondering if these areas are part of Korea or something extra that was added to Korea? If they're part of Korea I'll add them to the new region, but if they're not I'll turn them into sea.

I don't know if it's possible to make new models. I probably won't make new models in the first release.

UPDATE: what's a yusubu and dohobu? According to Wikipedia the Korean system it goes do (province), bu (major city), mok (large county), gun (county), and hyeon. Are they some sort of minor city?

Thank you for your consideration.
    if Geoje become a small island, it will be part of jinju mok(number 3), according to my map.

dohobu is a ancient Tang empire's system. Goryeo dynasty(korea's dynasty before chosun) accepted those system and used it. first it meant important cities for millitary, but after hundred of years(at the period of chosun), dohobu's meaning changed and it does not mean 'millitary city' anymore. In chosun, it was a common administrative district like bu or mok. large dohobu was called '大(large)dohobu'.
    Generally rank between administrative district in chosun was do>bu=large dohobu>mok=dohobu>gun>hyeon.
    yusubu is similar to bu. if city(bu) was especially important and large, chosun detached government official called yusu and called that city(bu) by name yusubu.

two pale models are part of korea. but i don't think there is something extra added for korea in that area.

and region number 22 of my map is anbyun-dohobu, 23 is youngheung-large dohobu, 24 is Hamhung-bu. i forgotten to add them. sorry.

And, can i ask what is your plan about this mod's faction number? is japan will be all united at first starting date 1545? or only korea will be united and japan will be split?

will you make new skill tree or new buildings for chosun? if you are planning to do that, I think i could help research.

and, if your plan is only add chosun faction and leave other factions alone(leave japan split) i think chosun will be too strengthen because they do not have enemy.
    so, i think some events will be effective to keep in check chosun's excessive power. in chosun's history before imjin war(and after 1545) there were two crisis. one is invasion of wokou(japanese pirates) in jeollado(1555) and another one is invasion of Jurchens (now called Manchus) in hamgyeongdo(1583).

And, can i ask what is your plan about this mod's faction number? is japan will be all united at first starting date 1545? or only korea will be united and japan will be split?
    Japan will be divided in 1545, while Korea will be united. So the player won't be able to invade Korea until they've conquered a large part of Japan and can afford a large army.

will you make new skill tree or new buildings for chosun? if you are planning to do that, I think i could help research.
    kugkings is making new buildings but feel free to post any information you have regarding a new skill tree or buildings.

and, if your plan is only add chosun faction and leave other factions alone(leave japan split) i think chosun will be too strengthen because they do not have enemy.
    so, i think some events will be effective to keep in check chosun's excessive power. in chosun's history before imjin war(and after 1545) there were two crisis. one is invasion of wokou(japanese pirates) in jeollado(1555) and another one is invasion of Jurchens (now called Manchus) in hamgyeongdo(1583).
    I plan to give Korea a peaceful AI so that they won't attack Japan. I don't know how to code a Wokou attack and I don't plan to make Jurchens so I can't include either at the moment.