Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Imjin mod (Korea campaign)

Default Re: Imjin mod (Korea campaign)

Quote Originally Posted by manolops3 View Post
    Hi uanime5,

at the first Screenshot there is a unit that wears a hat. you know i am currently working on the korean hat .
    just in case there is no need for a korean hat then tell me please.
    otherwise i will keep on working on the hat.
    The hat this unit is wearing is the vanilla hat that most closely resembles the Korean hat. I asked you to make the Korean hat because it I want something more accurate.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

ah okay.

i am currently working on the model.

Hi ,

i have two Screenshots that should showing the korean Hat.
    there is still some work to do,but this is how it will looks when you look from close to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KOREANHAT.png   KOREANHAT2.png  

Quote Originally Posted by manolops3 View Post
    Hi ,

i have two Screenshots that should showing the korean Hat.
    there is still some work to do,but this is how it will looks when you look from close to.
    Good work.

I think lower part of this unit model must be changed.
    korean army did not wear lamellar armor like that.

the top part as well.

Regarding the units I'm limited to what has already been made by CA and what I can add to these units. How about something like this for the paper armour?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ddoddogas if you don't say what needs to be changed I can't make any changes.

Also did the Koreans ever tie the arms of their clothes back like this?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

As you now, it is now possible to use CS2 converter and BoB, from Assembly Kit, to create new units and equipments.
    It's not necessarily easy, mostly because it need to use 3ds max.

What I can suggest is, as it seems you have defined the Korean units roster, to search for pictures, description, etc. about each unit.
    Doing this, it will be easier for modelers to modify existing models as well as create new ones if needed.

Peoples willing to learn modeling can begin with equipments, as they are generally easier to create compare to unit parts.
    They can have a look to these two threads :

Both thread are not yet real tutorial, but it is possible to find some answer here.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Hi to all,

i have great News from the Author of the Chinese Armor.
    he give us the permission to use his armor.
    but thats not all.he want to mod TWS2 too.
    he asked me how the import of new models works,so i think this is the best reason to make the Tutorial now.
    so this is my Job this evening and maybe tomorrow too.

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

About Seon-Buddhism, apparently Neo-Confucianism was the state "religion", so the religious tree should probably be based off that instead.

Wikipedia says that the government only stopped repressing buddhism after the warrior monks helped in the Imjin war, so maybe use Nanban script or something to offer building buddhist temples to get warrior monks at the price of spreading buddhism throughout the land.

I can help and throw in a couple models if needed. Someone will have to convert the rhino files (the model file) to the variant mesh though.

I can do weapons, ammunition and the like. Any sort of clothing may be hard but armors can be made as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔The Black Knight♔ View Post
    I can help and throw in a couple models if needed. Someone will have to convert the rhino files (the model file) to the variant mesh though.

I can do weapons, ammunition and the like. Any sort of clothing may be hard but armors can be made as well.
    I have 3D Max so as long as I can import Rhino files I should be able to make your files into variant meshes. Could you make a flail and a pudao? I can provide pictures if you need them.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

With All Respect, Isn't starting in 1545, in your Expanded Map with 12TPY a little...distracting to the point of Imjin War?

I mean...If we play as the Joseon, we have to wait hundreds of turn for Japan to consolidate...and there is a possibility that Japan won't...and even if Japan consolidates...There is no Insurance that the AI would Invade...
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; November 29, 2013 at 06:47 AM.

If you could get me the pictures of what you want, that would be great.

@weirdoascensor

my opinion is,that it is not the perfect solution,but the only problem here is the historical Accuracy.
    i for one have really no interest in historical Accuracy.
    i mean,if it will be possible to play as Joseon,when you get boring because Japan doesnt attack you,then you can Attack Japan.
    this is not historical accurate,ok but imagine in the vanilla game when you play as Shimazu,and you could only attack the Clans the Shimazu have attacked in real History...........
    this would be distracting for me.

but thats only my opinion.

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by CoconutFred View Post
    About Seon-Buddhism, apparently Neo-Confucianism was the state "religion", so the religious tree should probably be based off that instead.

Wikipedia says that the government only stopped repressing buddhism after the warrior monks helped in the Imjin war, so maybe use Nanban script or something to offer building buddhist temples to get warrior monks at the price of spreading buddhism throughout the land.
    The thing is that the Joseon government did not necessarily recruit these monks. They rose up on their own. For gameplay purposes though, I think historical realism must suffer a little bit. Hence I'd recommend that Buddhist temples be constructable, but they should carry high maintenance costs (to simulate the tax drain they represented).

As for the "spreading of Buddhism throughout the land," this would be historically incorrect. Although Buddhism was always in an inferior position to Neo-Confucianism throughout the Joseon period, the two were not necessarily incompatible. Many rulers and elites, next to commoners, made use of Buddhist rituals or supported certain temples. And since commoners were not as affected by Neo-Confucian doctrine, Buddhism was quite appealing to them. We cannot look at this through our Western gaze. In the West, we like to think that there are these sharply defined religions that compete with each other, but this was not wholly accurate in the Korean case. Therefore I recommend not implementing any religious system in this mod.

I think sometime between winter 1584-1586 is the ideal starting time. Here's why:

-Toyotomi Hideyoshi has at this time managed to conquer much of Japan, but has for the previous year been involved in the disastrous Komaki and Nagakute campaign in which a short war between he and the late Nobunaga's upstart son, Oda Nobukatsu and Nobukatsu's ally, Tokugawa Ieyasu has ended in a hasty and pretty shaky peace between he and Nobukatsu.

This is one of the most decisive periods of Hideyoshi's rise to power. If the peace holds, Hideyoshi will be appointed imperial regent (kampaku, or one step below shogun), vassalize Tokugawa Ieyasu, be officially given the clan name Toyotomi, and subjugate the last remaining vestiges of resistance - Kyushu, Shikoku, and Etchu province. The Sengoku period will officially end in 1590 with his conquest of the hojo in Odawara castle, and he will prepare an invading force against Korea.

On the other hand, if the peace does not stand, Hideyoshi will have to deal with a relatively strong coalition of Oda loyalists including Ieyasu, all of whom dealt him an embarrassing defeat the previous year. The islands of Shikoku and Kyushu will remain insolent for the time being to the west, and Hideyoshi's imperial favour will be in question.

Meanwhile, trouble will be brewing for the Joseon in Korea as well. The easterner political faction is currently overpowering the western political faction after the death of king Seonjo's advisor Yi I, and an exiled easterner, Jeong Yeorip, has been slowly gathering forces for what appears to be his own personal army, the Daedonggye, who by 1587 are more powerful than the Joseon government army. This could be represented with the Daedonggye as a vassal of the Joseon. Anyways, while historically the easterner government accuses its own easterner friend Jeong Yeorip of planning to revolt (resulting in Yeori's suicide, the takeover of the government by the western faction and a purge of easterner officials), we could have an actual revolt, which would make things in Korea a little more interesting.

Meanwhile, trouble will be brewing for the Joseon in Korea as well. The easterner political faction is currently overpowering the western political faction after the death of king Seonjo's advisor Yi I, and an exiled easterner, Jeong Yeorip, has been slowly gathering forces for what appears to be his own personal army, the Daedonggye, who by 1587 are more powerful than the Joseon government army. This could be represented with the Daedonggye as a vassal of the Joseon. Anyways, while historically the easterner government accuses its own easterner friend Jeong Yeorip of planning to revolt (resulting in Yeori's suicide, the takeover of the government by the western faction and a purge of easterner officials), we could have an actual revolt, which would make things in Korea a little more interesting.
    I think a vassal system ought to be avoided, since Joseon was not feudal.

Instead, the religion/faction system that comes with Shogun 2 can be utilized to simulate the factional strive. I mean, if anything was important during Joseon, then it was factional wars, since the kingship was often quite weak compared to the power of the scholar-aristocracy. Depending on what faction you, as the player king, support, there should be certain benefits and downsides.

How would that be simulated, though? Political orientation replaces religion? That sounds completely fine with Korea only, but how would it be simulated with Japan? Maybe instead have some kind of event/dilemma per turn that changes loyalty of certain generals?

Another thing: since the king never actually participated in battles, maybe we could have a aristocracy-kingship relationship like that between the clans and the shogunate. Have a separate faction for the king with capital Seoul and the actual government controlling all of Korea around it?

Also what are your thoughts on how the Deadonggye could be represented? As a dilemma/event, some random disloyal general, or an Ikko-ikki type faction/religion?

I do think you're completely right on taking actual religion out of the equation now that I think about it though, considering one of Hideyoshi's most prominent generals in the Korean invasion was Christian.
    Last edited by CoconutFred; November 29, 2013 at 01:14 PM.

How would that be simulated, though? Political orientation replaces religion? That sounds completely fine with Korea only, but how would it be simulated with Japan? Maybe instead have some kind of event/dilemma per turn that changes loyalty of certain generals?

Another thing: since the king never actually participated in battles, maybe we could have a aristocracy-kingship relationship like that between the clans and the shogunate. Have a separate faction for the king with capital Seoul and the actual government controlling all of Korea around it?

Also what are your thoughts on how the Deadonggye could be represented? As a dilemma/event, some random disloyal general, or an Ikko-ikki type faction/religion?

I do think you're completely right on taking actual religion out of the equation now that I think about it though, considering one of Hideyoshi's most prominent generals in the Korean invasion was Christian.
    Since the political systems between Korea and Japan are so different, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have two separate campaigns, one specifically designed for playing as Korea, the other designed for playing as Japan.

I generally don't like the idea of splitting Korea up between factions, since this was never actually the case. Yes, Easterners such as Jeong Yeorip may have had rebellious intentions (which is debatable), but the Joseon administration was still centrally controlled. The factions would vie for this central control. True power and influence was in the center, not so much in the peripheries. Also, the Joseon king was more than a mere figurehead. If done right, he could use a faction to his own advantage or even out-argue them through witty use of Confucian rhetoric or by acting as a Confucian sage king.

As for the Daedonggye, it should definitely not be a faction/religion. Perhaps it would be best that if you choose to support the Eastern faction, you get to build a Daedonggye Recruitment Facility, which allows you to recruit special slave warriors (which are cheap).