Thread: Announcement Thread

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default Announcement Thread

First Announcement!
    The Siege and Assault of Constantinople will begin either this Thursday or Friday!
    Planning Thread will be up soon!
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Citizen

Default Re: Announcement Thread

An Update!
    First off, the Siege of Constantinople is over. August 16 will be when the new year will begin (1205).
    So begin finding your homes and making your threads. However, places that cannot be claimed are:
    The Imperial/Great Palace, the Boukoleon Palace, and the Hagia Sophia

Secondly, though you may make your threads, Ganb will be making a home thread template for all of you to follow. So be aware that some changes may need to be made once the template is up and ready. For now, make wip posts.

Lastly, we will be having a lot of 'Aftermath' threads being made as a Latin Emperor must be elected, as well as a Latin Patriarch. A few events will be made for necessary purposes. And finally, titles and land will be granted to one and all.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Also, hold off 'naming' anything.

I'm making 2 maps, one of Greece and one of Constantinople, all with reasonably accurate information and western (Frankish) place names.

Citizen

Please hold off on income spending and gaining for now!
    We still need to elect leaders, dispense titles and gain the lands that people will be controlling!
    So please, make this easy on the mods and lets just take this a step at a time please.

I will also make this known: If you do not receive a title when the Emperor is named, does not mean anything. We still have plenty of land to conquer, thus plenty of titles to be created and granted once more land opens up.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; August 09, 2013 at 06:42 PM.

Citizen

It has come to my attention that some of you have put your home threads in the wrong place.
    All Home Threads go in 'The Latin Empire' subforum, not the 'Golden Horn' subforum, where the government and city rp threads go (Such as your looting and capture stuff)
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; August 11, 2013 at 01:57 AM.

Hold off on military movement, please.
    We forgot to make movement rules.
    They'll be up soon.

Ganbarenippon's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Now people have been given titles I am going to make a thread for The Noble Houses of the Realm. Basically this will make it easier for all of us to interact with one another once we know who rules what and who is on which level. It will also, hopefully encourage people to join into existing families (either new players, or existing players using their second characters). The more player in a family the more fun, and it would mean we can have some real family rivalries and dynasties further down the road rather than just a collection of petty houses that constantly die out only to be replaced by another.

Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked. All I need from those of you who have received lands and titles is for you to PM me under the title 'Compendium.' In the message simply tell me you House name (whether that is your characters current name or the name of the land you are going to receive or something else that's fine). I think we will likely use the Italian version of those place names, but I'll check with LM and BF. I also need your Coat-of-Arms, if you currently don't have one and hold lands then get one found! Finally just give me the name of your Lord and his liege or his vassals. I'll do the rest. Of course if you want to give me more detail like family members, spouses, children, history etc. that's cool too (but most of that is probably in your home thread anyway so I can copy/paste it.

I will be trying to keep this updated as best I can, but there is only one of me so any time you notice I have missed something then PM me.

Ganbarenippon's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The Noble House thread is now complete. Those of you whose Houses I have recorded, thank you for the information. Whenever there is a notable deed you wish to me to put into your House's profile, or if you wish to add more detail to it then PM me and I'll update it accordingly. Mods, if you can sticky that thread that'd be great.

Citizen

Tomorrow is the new year! August 16th will be 1205 AD.
    To make some notes:
    1. The levies of Constantinople, Hagia Sophia, Neapolis, Philia and Athyras will become available for usage
    2. Those that have land in the territories listed above will gain their landed incomes tomorrow as well'

I believe that is all!

If anyone has a major gripe with this setting/rpg and think it should be rebooted in some way or the forums should vacate for an upcoming idea (there isn't any strong ones), then say so soon.
    I don't want to continue this if it turns out everyone's half-hearted about it.

The RPG should only continue if a majority indeed desire to continue it.