Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion Thread

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: 2013 NFL Season Thread

Steelers lost. They just like the NY Giants, a inconsistent team with inconsistent QB's. Denver did good as well as Green Bay and Seattle.

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Both of the Browns 2 early 1st round picks of 2011 are already gone, said Brandon Weeden is basically done. Talk about a terrible and embarrasing franchise.

All i can say is Trent better be worth the Colts time.

Also due to the retarded moves like this from Cleveland is why no one around here watches NFL football.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This could be huge for the Colts and only gave up a 1st rounder?

Considering the Browns traded up with the Vikes to get Richardson this is a huge blow I think to them plus Weeden not starting.

Love the move by the Colts,Wayne, Hilton, Richardson,Fleener could be potent depending on how things flow, but you have to think adding a RB like that to an up and coming offensive team has to be good.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Cleveland got hosed. What's more embarassing is some of the fans who actually try and spin it as a good thing. WITH Trent Richardson you were going to probably get a top 5 pick. Now you dumped him and just created another HUGE gaping offensive hole. That trade did NOTHING, but set them back. I mean, if they had even a lick of talent there it might be worth it, but they are going to take McGahee off the street??? The NFL should fine them that first round pick for so obviously intentionally tanking the season.

Then, the worst of it. The Browns sold low. Trade deadline isn't for another two weeks. Any half smart business man holds their feet to the fire for another two weeks and MAKES them give more. I can't believe that's all they got. I would have at least got a 2015 2nd rounder added. We're talking about last years 3rd draft pick for christs sake!!! I pity Browns fans seriously.

And i hate to break the bad news to the Browns, but that number one pick, Johnny Manziel or whoever they get, isn't gonna mean crap. Because they'll still have so many god damn holes to fill and they will just be loaded with unproven talent now. A whole offense with no veterans is just not a winning formula. They basically traded Trent Richardson so they could use a low first rounder to draft another RB to fill his place. Dumbest plan ever...

How exactly did Cleveland get hosed?

Richardson averaged 3.5 YPC last season, and his YPC has done nothing but go down since. He wasn't worth a first round pick when the drafted him and I'm amazed they got a first rounder in return for him. He's average, on his best day, he can with proper coaching become a solid NFL back, but that's all he'll ever be. People were just enamored with his breakaway speed (which has seemingly disappeared) and his power (which is also mostly gone) while ignoring the O-line he ran behind. He's injury prone, he's yet to help that offense in any significant way, and if you can get a first round pick for a guy that's just looked OK in his time in the NFL you take that deal in a heartbeat. They have a ton of young talent on a defense that's only trending upwards, they have a good O-Line that just needs better interior play, they have a dominant force on the outside in Josh Gordon. The talent is there, all they need is to remove Weedon and replace him with a capable rookie and they'll start to win some games. I just don't get why people think this is them "tanking" the season. He's one player, that was playing terribly to begin with, on a team with a ton of defensive talent that just needs an offensive spark. An extra first round pick is HUGE in football. Now they have 2 1's, a 2, 2 3's, 2 4's, and 3 5's. That's a pretty good sized draft class primed to move around where every they want. With or without Richardson, the Browns need a QB, so why not get value for a guy that obviously didn't fit the offense of their future plans in order to make sure they get the QB they want? They aren't going to use that pick to draft another RB. Ben Tate is a FA next year, and he's basically what Richardson's ceiling can be. A big, tough nosed runner that has surprising speed. So why not get the guy that's proven he can succeed instead of sticking with the rookie?

If anything, this was a terrible terrible move by the Colts to sell off their draft pick because Ballard got hurt and they were despirate for talent at the RB position. The Colts aren't that talented, they have pieces on offense but they still have a ton of issues with defense and depth and giving away a first round pick for an average RB isn't how you succeed in this league. Adding Richardson doesn't suddenly make this team a SB contender. They panicked, bought too much into their 11-5 record last season, and made a dumb deal that mortgaged some of their future for a short term gain that might not even pay off.

Lol at anybody thinking they'd use this to pick Johnny bleeping Manziel, a great college QB that won't amount to squat in the NFL. They saw value, they took it. Teams don't just trade away these players on a whim. They did it because they know something we don't. And they figured the value they get in return is better then the value they get by keeping him.
    Last edited by frozenprince; September 20, 2013 at 08:11 PM.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

How the hell is Richardson suppose to do anything when every NFL team is stacking the run and making Weedon beat them? Cleveland's O-Line, everything to the right of Joe Thomas is garbage. That's what EVERYONE is saying. So maybe you ahve some inside perspective on that that everyone else doesn't. Even the Cleveland fans that were for the trade have admitted that. He's played ONE season, how can you base everything on one single season??? The bottom line is, you can't.

The Colts made a fantastic deal. They traded a mid to low round 2014 first rounder for the third pick in the 2012 draft. What, you dont think the Colts watched tape after tape on this guy? You think they just looked at his Madden stats and made the trade? The one thing they have on the Browns is simple, they've seen Richardson perform in the NFL. The browns are taking their pick on completely unproven talent that could easily turn out to be zilch. You know, you say they knwo something we don't, but what about the front office in Indy? You know, the one that put together a great team last season?

The Browns are tanking, and you can deny it all you want, but two of their most important starting positions are guys they just pulled in off the street that no other NFL team even wanted on their roster! And even if you think Richardson sucked and the trade was a good idea, the brilliant GM didn't hold out for more when they easily could have. Let Indy go a week with just Bradshaw and wait for them to come scrambling back with more to offer. And you can talk about signing Ben Tate, but A.) He might not want to play for the Browns, B.) you'll probably have to overpay to get him. Why would he want to go there after he saw what just happened to Richardson?? I wouldn't want to go there.

If the Browns weren't tanking they would have blown this thing up and made fixes in the off-season. But they didn't, and now all signs point to a blatent tank job.

Nfl players aren't NBA players, every market is the same, they'll go where they get paid. How much more do you think the Browns would have gotten? A first round pick is a lot to give up. Also, you can make a judgment of a player after one year, have you ever watched Blaine Gabbert or Christian Ponder, even if you don't have the greatest rookie seasons you usually show signs that one day you could be a good player, Weeden, same as Gabbert and Ponder probably never showed that.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Yeah, but they gave up 4 picks to get the 3rd pick, and in return are receiving a lower first round pick. I don't see how you can't call their decisions a mess.

Weeden also hasn't been that bad considering what he's working with.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

He rushed for 950 yds,had 12tds and caught 50passscfor aboyt 400 yds, and from everything ive heard hes a good pass blocker. consideri.g the rushing came against teams scompletely stacking the run, thats not a bad rookie season.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenprince View Post
    How exactly did Cleveland get hosed?

Richardson averaged 3.5 YPC last season, and his YPC has done nothing but go down since. He wasn't worth a first round pick when the drafted him and I'm amazed they got a first rounder in return for him. He's average, on his best day, he can with proper coaching become a solid NFL back, but that's all he'll ever be. People were just enamored with his breakaway speed (which has seemingly disappeared) and his power (which is also mostly gone) while ignoring the O-line he ran behind. He's injury prone, he's yet to help that offense in any significant way, and if you can get a first round pick for a guy that's just looked OK in his time in the NFL you take that deal in a heartbeat. They have a ton of young talent on a defense that's only trending upwards, they have a good O-Line that just needs better interior play, they have a dominant force on the outside in Josh Gordon. The talent is there, all they need is to remove Weedon and replace him with a capable rookie and they'll start to win some games. I just don't get why people think this is them "tanking" the season. He's one player, that was playing terribly to begin with, on a team with a ton of defensive talent that just needs an offensive spark. An extra first round pick is HUGE in football. Now they have 2 1's, a 2, 2 3's, 2 4's, and 3 5's. That's a pretty good sized draft class primed to move around where every they want. With or without Richardson, the Browns need a QB, so why not get value for a guy that obviously didn't fit the offense of their future plans in order to make sure they get the QB they want? They aren't going to use that pick to draft another RB. Ben Tate is a FA next year, and he's basically what Richardson's ceiling can be. A big, tough nosed runner that has surprising speed. So why not get the guy that's proven he can succeed instead of sticking with the rookie?

If anything, this was a terrible terrible move by the Colts to sell off their draft pick because Ballard got hurt and they were despirate for talent at the RB position. The Colts aren't that talented, they have pieces on offense but they still have a ton of issues with defense and depth and giving away a first round pick for an average RB isn't how you succeed in this league. Adding Richardson doesn't suddenly make this team a SB contender. They panicked, bought too much into their 11-5 record last season, and made a dumb deal that mortgaged some of their future for a short term gain that might not even pay off.

Lol at anybody thinking they'd use this to pick Johnny bleeping Manziel, a great college QB that won't amount to squat in the NFL. They saw value, they took it. Teams don't just trade away these players on a whim. They did it because they know something we don't. And they figured the value they get in return is better then the value they get by keeping him.

Considering what Cinncy got for Carson Palmer(an above average QB) and the Seahawks paid for Harvin, the Bucks paid for Revis ect...... Sure they don't play the same position but alot of those players have/had huge risk attached to them(with more proven talent granted) but still for the potential of what the Colts got you have to say a mid/late 1st round pick is cheap for a possible game changing RB.(Certainly the best one the Colts have had since James)
    Even somewhat injured last year he still had a good rookie season with no passing game. Pass catching, he can block and can be explosive.(even though you think his break away speed and power seem to gone/mostly gone after 1 season...........)

No one on here said anything about SB contender to a team that should have lost to Oakland(yikes) and got beat by the somewhat improved Finns at home. When Ballard and a broken Bradshaw are your only RB, you have no running game. Wait for Tate,the injured back up who even with a excellent O line has been imo inconsistent over the last couple of years and pay him big FA money? Desperate is spending multiple draft picks for backup players like Tate, Brown, Bernard Pierce ect..... because they look good behind great RB's and good running teams. Say what you want about Trent R. being the lead RB against 8 man boxes all last year(I had him on a couple FF teams so I was watching some Browns games) he showed glimpses of a good RB.

Nothing is guaranteed though so for all the upside/potential/possibilities they still have to make this work on a team with no O line and horrible Defense(plus lots of injuries) and when the Colts lose to San Fran this weekend and Richardson get under 50 yards you will be right about this trade.(This week at least )
    Last edited by Scipio Afracanis; September 21, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
    1962, 1989, 2002

Well i have been impressed. The browns offence is finally starting look to half decent. I thought they would crash and burn with Brian Hoyer in charge but damn, its working.

Lets see how long it lasts though. Every time they look good and things are working it ends up failing later.
    Last edited by ♔The Black Knight♔; September 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM.

A potential momentum-shifting TD is overturned, thank you Jim ing Scwartz!

Redskins make me want to sit in a corner and cry. This team's a total ing embarrassment atm, and it's only getting worse from here.

Repeat the East? More like finding the dank hole in a basement.

Most pathetic and embarrassing loss I've EVER watched. Christian Ponder should never start or even play in this league ever again, he truly is a pathetic quarterback.

Man that was some game, the browns defence was and ponder still couldnt pull them apart. The offence faltered but they brought back a drive to win the game.

I wish luck to the Browns though for the rest of the season, they are going to need it.

Also Richarson got the colts a touchdown, well see how well he performs the rest of the game.
    Last edited by ♔The Black Knight♔; September 22, 2013 at 03:35 PM.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Monsterz Inc baby!

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    Most pathetic and embarrassing loss I've EVER watched. Christian Ponder should never start or even play in this league ever again, he truly is a pathetic quarterback.
    3 times in a row we had winnable games only to be taken away right at the end.(Twice in the last min of both games)

When 3rd string Browns QB is tearing up our D(3 INT good, 3 TD bad) that is really sad.

Some great upsets today, Ravens cold clocking the Texans with solid running, great D and spec. team plays. Colts dominating the 9ers. It was a close game most of the time but with Luck throwing darts, Bradshaw running angry, sound tackling and good coverage it looked like San Fran couldn't fight there way out of a wet paper bag.

Cowboys actually running the ball, with Redskins and Giants 0-3 and Eagles 1-2 the collapse will be especially nice this year for Romo and company.

Finns beat a SB fav. Falcons going to 3-0.
    1962, 1989, 2002

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I've already given up on the season, and I'm especially pissed we got rid of Bradshaw after the season he had last year, thinking D. Wilson could carry the load, and now Bradshaw is playing great right now.

I've once again lost bragging rights to these damn Jets fans.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Afracanis View Post
    3 times in a row we had winnable games only to be taken away right at the end.(Twice in the last min of both games)

When 3rd string Browns QB is tearing up our D(3 INT good, 3 TD bad) that is really sad.

Some great upsets today, Ravens cold clocking the Texans with solid running, great D and spec. team plays. Colts dominating the 9ers. It was a close game most of the time but with Luck throwing darts, Bradshaw running angry, sound tackling and good coverage it looked like San Fran couldn't fight there way out of a wet paper bag.

Cowboys actually running the ball, with Redskins and Giants 0-3 and Eagles 1-2 the collapse will be especially nice this year for Romo and company.

Finns beat a SB fav. Falcons going to 3-0.
    The Vikes are garbage. Christian Ponder is a failed experiment and we've sunk more than enough time in to figure that out. He's a career backup if that. Everyone looks at his stats last season but those were pure luck. There had to be 10-15 EASY INTs that just bounced off defenders hands. This year, reality is setting in quick and everyone and their mother is just making sure to stop AP and make the mornic Ponder beat them. I don't even know how it is possible but he looks even more indecisive and he just stares the whole play at the receiver he is throwing to. That last drive was just pathetic. Down by 4 with 40 seconds left and you're throwing 3-7 yard short passes???? If you're going to do that just kneel for the loss and stop wasting our time. Not only that, but defensively we are just horrible against the pass. Our DBs are just complete and utter garbage. Go TO the ball!!! They just sit there and watch the ball go into the receiver's hands planning their next move. GO TO THE BALL YOU ING MUPPETS!!!

Leslie Frazier has to bench that busted pick NOW. This is his last chance to cut his ties to that dead weight otherwise he needs to go with Ponder and even if he does bench him i'd say it's too late. , i'd try and trade the guy for a fifth round pick or something. Hell, maybe even try and do a swap for Freeman and see if a change of scenery helps him. Anything is worth a shot as this season is obviously a loss. Well, in my mind it was once we began the season Pondering who was gonna QB this team...