Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion Thread

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member

Default Re: 2013 NFL Season Thread

As a Redskins fans, I won't be like the Cowboys and say "We're going all the way!" like they do every year.
    Dallas is its usual over-hyped self, claiming they've got talent, but all they ever prove is that they start celebrating before the season's over and wonder why it is they're sitting at home watching the playoffs, instead of actually playing in them.
    Do you actually watch football, or kind of stick to Sportscenter and write down all the cliches?

Actually, I've yet to see anyone from either the Cowboys or ESPN say that about this season. If you don't like the attention the Cowboys get blame ESPN, not Cowboy fans.
    Last edited by s.rwitt; August 08, 2013 at 10:47 PM.

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

I barely watch NFL anymore and even I know the Cowboys are not on some hype machine. They ing suck.

Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    Do you actually watch football, or kind of stick to Sportscenter and write down all the cliches?

Actually, I've yet to see anyone from either the Cowboys or ESPN say that this about this season. If you don't like the attention the Cowboys get blame ESPN, not Cowboy fans.
    Don't need to watch ESPN (which doesn't happen anyway) to know they hype themselves, whether they have a realistic chance of going anywhere or not, because...well, they're the Cowboys.

They need to inflate themselves with some brauvaro every preseason, so when reality hits in the regular season, they have something to fall on.

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

cowboys are a stats team that always falls short.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Cowboys are a decent team that has Yanks/Lakers expectations every year. Romo is solid but the teams direction seems strange to me, there not consistent and from year to year I can't tell if they will get there stuff together or fall apart horribly. With some teams you can at least see growth and moving towards a goal/team identity. They want to score in flashy ways=the end. Watching them during the Romo era thats all i know.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Romo...solid? Win more in clutch situations, win more playoff games, prove he's worth the $100 million they paid him, THEN he'd be solid. Romo gets paid Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees-type of money and hasn't done anywhere near as much. He's isn't the best QB in the division, let alone the league. Yes, there's some bias behind that because of who I root for, though it doesn't take long to see it's the truth.

Dallas has all the swagger of a confident team, they simply forget to show up when it counts.

Matt Ryan with better weapons and a better team got paid only winning 1 playoff game ever since he got there.

So when I say Romo is solid it means a decent QB that can play very well at a top 10 level but has to make up for his team imo to much to be consistent.
    1962, 1989, 2002

That was a very athletic leaping sideline toss for a pick by whatshisname ATL QB.

E: Oh my god I did NOT miss Chris Berman and his horrific WHOOP!! uuuuuuuggggghhhhhhhh
    Last edited by MadBurgerMaker; August 08, 2013 at 08:32 PM.
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

Love me some preseason NFL!
    1962, 1989, 2002

You'll get 'em next time, Rambo.

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterKYA View Post
    Don't need to watch ESPN (which doesn't happen anyway) to know they hype themselves, whether they have a realistic chance of going anywhere or not, because...well, they're the Cowboys.

They need to inflate themselves with some brauvaro every preseason, so when reality hits in the regular season, they have something to fall on.

It's not the team or the fans that inflate themselves...how would a team even do that? Making bold predictions for themselves but not on ESPN (because that doesn't happen anyway)? That doesn't make any sense.

What does happen is the NFL in scheduling and ESPN in broadcasting pay a whole lot more attention to the cowboys than they do almost any other team regardless of performance due to the fact that they know the cowboys have the largest and most widespread fan base in the NFL:

http://deadspin.com/5980933/howd-tho...nfl-fandom-map

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...t-popular-team

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/sto...n-america-team

ESPN does this because ESPN is a business and knows that covering the cowboys will draw the most attention due to the above. Then, everyone gets tired of seeing so much coverage of the cowboys every single year and this eventually morphs into "why are the cowboys getting so much coverage when they're only 8-8? They must be getting hyped again for no reason". It's business. That's why you see so much of the cowboys. Because they draw more interest in any given year than any other team. Not something as simple as "them hyping themselves". Every team hypes themselves. Duh.
    Last edited by s.rwitt; August 08, 2013 at 10:10 PM.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I hate the steelers fans in NC. You are only here because your city/state sucks so much.

I lived in Raleigh (state capital, 2nd biggest city, yellow on that map) while I was in college and there were almost twice as many steelers bars as panther bars. Freaking depressing.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Patterson looking nice for my Vikes.

Jets really pissed off the NFL Gods.
    1962, 1989, 2002

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Our DLine is gonna be amazing

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

So there are like no Panthers fans in South Carolina...

Citizen

South Carolina sucks.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

Tom Brady is hurt and now the jets have more room to fly.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

Shazbot's Avatar grant woodgrain grippin

Crash is more like it, he'll still be ready for the season and the only other team that has a chance to make the playoffs besides the Pats are the Dolphins.

Indefinitely Banned

What do you guys think about Big Ben?

Citizen

LUKE KEUCHLY IS THE MAN
    ttt