Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: General Queries & Feedback - Post here

Default General Queries & Feedback - Post here

If you have any questions or doubts regarding Modding Awards 2012 then please don't hesitate to ask them here.

FAQs
    Q1) Where are the rules for this year's modding awards or there aren't any?
    Ans1) Every TW platform (RTW-TWS2) has rules & a common procedure, which you can read in their respective categories here in this thread.

Q2) I'm confused with all these categories. Is there any explanation for them? So that i may chose the right mods and people in their respective categories.
    Ans2) Yes, It has been thoroughly explained in this thread for every TW game. And if you're still confused then please ask us in the general queries thread.

Q3) Who're Organizing it?
    Ans3) As always, this competition is officially organized by Total War Community under the supervision of TWC staff and these are the members who have volunteered to assist in organizing it. If you have any queries then PM those to me rather than anyone else since they will be preoccupied with other work.
    Last edited by Ishan; July 26, 2013 at 09:53 AM.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: General Queries - Ask here

Is there a way to make this less complicated next year? Please do so. I'm glad to see a best all time category so it's not limited to only 2012. But just looking at the code boxes will cause many people to have a headache, let alone sorting through all the categories, descriptions of them, and the rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Is there a way to make this less complicated next year? Please do so. I'm glad to see a best all time category so it's not limited to only 2012. But just looking at the code boxes will cause many people to have a headache, let alone sorting through all the categories, descriptions of them, and the rules!
    I can't say anything about next year since i may not be even in the organizing team. And apologies for that, you're right i will simplify the code boxes right now.

And rules are not that much. It only explains the difference in old and new mods from 2012. As for descriptions, they're there to help the ones unfamiliar with them otherwise most of them are pretty self-explanatory. Categories are also similar to the ones last year.

Edit:
    Done. Can you please confirm whether it's simplified or not now?
    Last edited by Ishan; July 27, 2013 at 01:44 PM.

When will the nomitated be asked about the nominations made by other persons? For example if I am nominated for some category I do not want to participate, or if I do not want to participate.

How do or when will I know if a modder has already nomintated his work so I do not make the nomination of him again?

Last year, it was made in two phases, first self nomination and then public nomination. It was not planned but maybe it was clearer and made more sense?.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    When will the nomitated be asked about the nominations made by other persons? For example if I am nominated for some category I do not want to participate, or if I do not want to participate.

How do or when will I know if a modder has already nomintated his work so I do not make the nomination of him again?

Last year, it was made in two phases, first self nomination and then public nomination. It was not planned but maybe it was clearer and made more sense?.
    You don't need to worry about double nominations, just put down what you want, 20 nominations or a single nomination makes no difference to a persons entry.

And why would the nominated need to be informed of someone nominating them?

It is not about being informed. Maybe I do not consider that my work gets into one of the categories, or I just do not want to participate. In other words, when does public nomination ends so 1 or you ask the nominated or 2 the nominated tells you about it? or have you got an alternative system for it?
    Last edited by Bethencourt; July 27, 2013 at 02:27 PM.

Public nominations will be reviewed by us and if we suspect that something doesn't qualifies then we will contact that particular mod team\modder. Like if someone nominates someone as a favorite tutor and we're unable to find any helpful posts related to modding then we will verify this from the modder being nominated himself before discarding that entry.

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    The way it works is that whenever a player or general member nominates a mod or modder then that particular mod team or modder will be notified of this event and will be invited to make a thread in the nominations sub-forum. Where they will provide all the details.

But of course there are some generic categories which wouldn't need the above. Like the 'All time favourite' category or the tutor one. And of course if someone doesn't want to participate then he can inform any of the organisers via PM, however i don't see any reason why someone would do so.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    I can't say anything about next year since i may not be even in the organizing team. And apologies for that, you're right i will simplify the code boxes right now.
    Those are so much better. You are a scholar and a gentleman!

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Is there any particular format or Mandatory Informations to be listed if one makes a Nomination Subforum Private Submission?

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Nomination Box - Post your nominations here (for general members)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Simonyi de Vitézvár View Post
    Napoleon Total War Favorite Mod Awards
    Categories:
    ●All-time favourite The Great War
    :●Immersive Mod: The Great War
    ●Scenario/Innovative Mod: The Great War

Favourite Modder Awards
    Categories:●Modder: .Mitch.
    :●2D Artist : Aanker

TGW wasn't released in 2012 so there is nothing to nominate in the NTW category I fear

Post Moved.
    Please don't post in the nomination box unless you're a member of MAC or posting a nomination. Use this thread instead. And actually TGW qualifies for 'All time favourite' category. As for the rest we will investigate if anything was substantially updated to qualify.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

I figured you'd do that. Just making it clear there was no version in 2012 Except the patch to make it compatible with the lastest NTW update.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Only the creator of the work or co-worker, i.e. an insider, can make an actual entry for the competition. They know best who did what and when and it is understood that they will take care not to participate based on misconceptions. That we ask outsiders (fans) to make nominations is because 1) it reduces the chances of mods and modders being overlooked / us being berated for not informing them 2) some people just don't like the idea of putting themselves or their work forward without being nominated (also because in the past, 3rd party nominations were actually required).

We have learned a thing or two over the past few years. It won't ever be perfect though. With popular votes, you can never be quite sure what is being judged.
    Last edited by Muizer; August 07, 2013 at 01:02 PM.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    for some reasson i can not access any of these threads...
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    for some reasson i can not access any of these threads...
    Can you now?

yes, now i can.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

So quietly here over month. Should here something happen soon?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif de Bodemloze♔ View Post
    So quietly here over month. Should here something happen soon?
    Yes there's not a day that goes by that i'm not aware that i have been dodging this. And the main let down here was the site's instability. I need to use forum tools to create threads and modify them etc and recently technically there have been many difficulties and then even if it doesn't produce a 500 error i had to face long loading times.

Then in my team some members are from TGW modding team and i personally thought that they need to focus more on their own hosted mod forum & i will ask for their help again when they get freed from managing their own fanbase. They were stacked when it was released. Anyways i'm hoping to make polls public in the next few days.

Sorry about the delay guys, as if there wasn't any delay in the first place.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Any update?

Yes we're making progress but i'm really being slowed down by some people who are not keeping track of their own threads and i need their answers to approve their nomination. Some modders like King Sama for example provided good details and responded in a timely fashion, so i wish everyone were active in that way.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast