Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Angry Joe will be uploading some Rome 2 footage soon!

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Default Re: Angry Joe will be uploading some Rome 2 footage soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Vallon View Post
    You know, some people actually study history instead of wanking off to 300 and Spartacus.
    *a sudden voice echoes through the assembly which hushes the crowd:

"the two things dont have to be mutually exclusive you know...."

*A handsome German man in a top hat appears

*crowd gasps

"allow me to introduce myself.....I am Professor Heinz and yes my right arm is much more muscualar than my left"

*takes off hat

Default Re: Angry Joe will be uploading some Rome 2 footage soon!

Quote Originally Posted by RomeJunkie View Post
    Napoleon Bonaparte - "History is a set of lies agreed upon ." even with todays technology and forensic skills, most of ancient history is just speculation. And, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think we much evidence on how naval battles were fought at all.
    I think napoleon was referring to the glorification of personalities and states rather than everything else being a lie. Unless you believe germany won ww2?
    Sure take history with a correct assessment of BIAS but it is not just accounts that we have left to piece together history.

We know as much about naval warfare as we do about land warfare of the time. That is not much on some matters and a wealth of detail on others.
    Yes there is guesswork but like I said their is also detail in other areas. We cannot ignore the facts we do have just because you want to call everything a lie.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345