Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Angry Joe will be uploading some Rome 2 footage soon!

Default Re: Angry Joe Rome 2 Interview w/ Lead Battle Designer

Anything interesting there?
    "We will bring Rome to them not because of the strength of our legions, but because we are right"

"The Romans had left marble and stone, brick and glory."

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

I think that only about the Legion's symbol is new. If you don't recover the symbol you won't be able to re-raise you lost legion(but you can raise a new legion)
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

you can knock down the entire wall, well thats nice
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

I'm really curious how moddable the game will be

All the journalists asking the same tired questions over and over are really annoying, Google some interviews before doing one of your own god damn it.

joe should calm the hell down.
    its almost unprofessional how he is conducting the interview.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

The fact the Lead Battle Design position is in the hands of a white middle aged bespeckled Protestant man probably from Surrey makes me feel alot more confident about R2

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    joe should calm the hell down.
    its almost unprofessional how he is conducting the interview.
    That's how Joe is... He is just a nerdy guy, who loves many things, including video-games, and usually get VERY exited over things.

Some people might see that as a flaw, but I think becouse he isn't "part of the machinery", he can and will talk/ask things some others might not do.

You should check out the Witcher 3 interview He can barelly ask any questions. But the guys at CDProjektRED know him, they actually invited him to the studio when doing Witcher 2, so... You know.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    The fact the Lead Battle Design position is in the hands of a white middle aged bespeckled Protestant man probably from Surrey makes me feel alot more confident about R2
    Nothing inspires confidence more than a middle-aged white man, especially if he's balding.

Default Total War: Rome II Angry Joe Interview

*corrected youtube link.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; July 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM.

Default Re: Total War: Rome II Angry Joe Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NltYhi58tQ

Interview with the lead battle designer.
    Last edited by bengalg3; July 28, 2013 at 07:54 PM.

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

Just put NltYhi58tQ in the youtube brackets

I have returned

Hi,

What a great clip. They shouldn't call him Angry Joe, they should call him Really Nice Joe. I can't wait for Rome 2!
    Have a Great Day! I Love You! You're doing Great! Keep up the good Work! You're the Best!

New Rome 2:Total War - Raise Shield DLC and Arrows on Shields add-on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by terryn View Post
    Hi,

What a great clip. They shouldn't call him Angry Joe, they should call him Really Nice Joe. I can't wait for Rome 2!
    The name is a bit of a dig at the 'big' reviewers who always posts 9/10 reviews for something that is big and expensive... Like say posting a 10/10 for Simcity (shame on you Eurogamer Sweden). In comparison to them he is indeed 'angry' as he is comparably pissed when things are bad. Try searching for 'Angry Joe Colonial Marines' or 'Star Trek'. That fact of the matter is that he is blunt rather than truly angry, though he happens to get into that area now and then.
    Then again I have heard people call him things like 'overblown rager' etc so what do I know (other than I like his brutal honesty).
    Stupidity is the natural state of human beings; brilliance is when we fail at stupidity.

Speaking of which...

I am ever more reminded of this guy when browsing certain threads.

they should call him Really Nice Joe.

I like the man, had some good laughs with some of his reviews and the "worst games of..." series. People like him and TotalBiscuit are the ones i gather info from when needed, they are way more credible than modern day gaming journalism i think.

nothing new here to see...

he's done some good stuff but i found his review of shogun2 rather simplistic.

I can't believe Angry Joe failed to get any answer on how the AI has been improved on the battle map. All the lead battle designer seemed to want to talk about was the battle mechanics, units, and graphics. Later in the interview Joe asked him about the AI again to which we got the same company response "the AI diplomacy is now much more improved and you can see why the enemy attacks you" This is the lead battle designer keeping tight lipped about improvements to the AI on the battle map. So I guess they really have no encouraging news to tell us about concerning the BAI then
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 29, 2013 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VanGoth View Post
    I like the man, had some good laughs with some of his reviews and the "worst games of..." series. People like him and TotalBiscuit are the ones i gather info from when needed, they are way more credible than modern day gaming journalism i think.
    TotalBiscuit has a similar brutal honesty in reviewing, but in interviews he comes off as a total douche, even if that is not his intention. He is clearly a better voice than a visual presence. Still like his effort to make reviewing based more on actual reviewing rather than hyping.
    Stupidity is the natural state of human beings; brilliance is when we fail at stupidity.

Speaking of which...

I am ever more reminded of this guy when browsing certain threads.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast