Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Angry Joe will be uploading some Rome 2 footage soon!

Default Re: Angry Joe will be uploading some Rome 2 footage soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mbern45 View Post
    They mention that you can knock down entire sections of walls instead of just creating breaches like before, I don't remember hearing this before.

If its true it will make it harder to defend since you can't just place all the troops in front of the breaches. I just hope the ai is smart enough to maximize the wall damage and not try to make a small breach and then rush everyone is.
    I'm not so sure AI at this stage is able to analyse and evaluate the risk/success levels between:

- rushing troops through a single wall breach (which it used to do)
    - finding alternate route: ladders, towers
    - creating more than one breach in a wall

The basic human thinking normally goes - I can't just make one breach in a wall and rush it, enemy will definitely move in troops to protect it. I will breach/climb/use towers at several points - normally 2 or 3, depending on the size of the city and sizes of the defending and attacking forces. If the attacking force is too small to split, usually human player will not split it as the risk of routing will become even higher (due to being far from general, larger casualty proportion, etc.)

Not sure the AI is at this level yet. It does attack from several points in Shugun2, but it's not clear whether it calculates the number of sides from which to attack, its own size, the size of the defending garrison and the vulnerable parts of the castle which to attack. For all I know AI climbed walls of castles with open gates.

I'm not even talking about the use of special units. When have you seen AI use ninjas to sneak into castles or at least try to.
    Last edited by SughdianWarrior; July 26, 2013 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamreal18 View Post
    I cant imagine how this works, knock down the entire section of wall instead of creating breaches... Do we now have powerful siege weapons that can do that?

I hope players and ai wont treat water as land wherein they can pass through instantly...
    I'm guessing you'll have to knock it down by sections to get the whole wall down, not just attack the wall and the whole things comes falling down.

Did anyone else catch the part when he said that : " You can raise the Legion banner again, IF YOU RETRIEVED THE EAGLE"

So it seams that if a barbarian horde kills off your entire legion and gets off with your banner and the golden eagle you can't raise that Legion again until you catch up to them and get the legions eagle back.

It was somewhere in the middle of the interview.
    With Total war since original Shogun, made my life better!
    My videos about Total War on YouTube :
    https://www.youtube.com/user/perafilozof

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

He did say that. If that is the case, that would be awesome...

Adreno's Avatar Senator

i do like that info about the walls.. and he indeed did say you have to retrieve the eagle first, which would be a very nice touch.. im just wondering if there is a system like this for other factions beside rome..

Every single time a developer goes out to say "we completely overhauled the way it works" I get a chill on my spine of nerves because i know very likely that its Total . Just wish they would be more honest about it... I'm not saying it can't be true.. but based on the past few titles, total war games have been pretty stale when it comes to changing things drastically. No, combining naval with land battles is not a BIG DEAL. Giving us information about the AI opinion on us is not changing Diplomacy either, your just giving info. Adding different capture points in a siege battle is not A COMPLETE OVERHAUL... sigh

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Not much new info, but that could have been expected. Info on retrievable Eagles was cool though. Thanks for posting this !

Arokel's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by oneah View Post
    Every single time a developer goes out to say "we completely overhauled the way it works" I get a chill on my spine of nerves because i know very likely that its Total . Just wish they would be more honest about it... I'm not saying it can't be true.. but based on the past few titles, total war games have been pretty stale when it comes to changing things drastically. No, combining naval with land battles is not a BIG DEAL. Giving us information about the AI opinion on us is not changing Diplomacy either, your just giving info. Adding different capture points in a siege battle is not A COMPLETE OVERHAUL... sigh
    From what I have heard it sounds at least partially true this time. If I remember correctly combat and how weapons work is different now. Basically a lot of math got changed from what I an tell.

Quote Originally Posted by oneah View Post
    What would be a complete overhaul for you?

Nice interview, btw. Good to know about recovering the eagle.

yes, it was really difficult to build a fleet and then put your army on the fleet and then move the fleet where you want to go.. yea... very complicated for us human players. total brakdown mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by HinFoo View Post
    yes, it was really difficult to build a fleet and then put your army on the fleet and then move the fleet where you want to go.. yea... very complicated for us human players. total brakdown mentally.
    I think we can still do that, I think the only difference is you're not required to use fleets as transport ships, especially if you're going for a lighting strike.

Also, cool stuff on the eagle. I hope you only have to defeat the enemy army, rather than capturing a settlement.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ- come and take them!

Fenix_120's Avatar Senator

Ok i just got an idea, you see camels and elephants walking around the map right? well how about this, you move an agent and a wolf or lion pounces at them and eats your agents!!!

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I started wonder where is Rome 2 interview by AJ? He must been really busy that haven't released his all interviews yet. C'mon AJ, show it!

Arokel's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif de Bodemloze♔ View Post
    I started wonder where is Rome 2 interview by AJ? He must been really busy that haven't released his all interviews yet. C'mon AJ, show it!
    It has been up for a while now...

Icon6 Angry Joe Rome 2 Interview w/ Lead Battle Designer

Last edited by Milotic; July 27, 2013 at 03:03 PM.

Default Re: Angry Joe Rome 2 Interview w/ Lead Battle Designer

Does not work!

Yea I'm trying to make it work ;D, in the mean time I'll put a link.

Already a thread on this.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

honestly there is a topic already but I guess I will help
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast