Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: CAUSA BELLI 2.2 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: CAUSA BELLI 2.2 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

Quote Originally Posted by proelium_committere View Post
    Sadly i can't download it...filefactory always says "All free download slots are in use. You can download this file immediately by upgrading to FileFactory Premium."
    trid it with jbdownloader to...dont get it.
    we use File Factory because it is "free" and meets the size requirements for the Mod.

if you have another site then I can upload to that, or I can upload to a temporary site like we send it, which will allow you to download - but the file will only be there for 28 days, let me know which is best for you
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

EastJerusalem's Avatar Civis

hammeredalways. I did check that the cb.localisation is in Empire/Data along with 3 other files. I double check the spelling written in user script. However, the the new unit descriptions are missing. Everything but this, runs perfectly fine, and it also widens the ETW horison. Note that even if the issue I am having is not curable, it is still to me an amazing addition and I will still use it for sure, cant imagine I have been playing without this, thanks in advance, and thanks again for the great work
    Last edited by EastJerusalem; August 30, 2013 at 11:57 AM.

Turks love reality and fairness. They were always fair but they met a lot of unfair things against them.
    -William Pitt (Prime Minister of Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by EastJerusalem View Post
    hammeredalways. I did check that the cb.localisation is in Empire/Data along with 3 other files. I double check the spelling written in user script. However, the the new unit descriptions are missing. Everything but this, runs perfectly fine, and it also widens the ETW horison. Note that even if the issue I am having is not curable, it is still to me an amazing addition and I will still use it for sure, cant imagine I have been playing without this, thanks in advance, and thanks again for the great work
    thanks, we are glad you are enjoying, hopefully you will like the new bits as well.

I will search for the text issue and see if I can isolate it
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

@hammeredalways
    I am not very familiar with sites like filefactory or rapidshare, and I have no premium account. So it would be kind of you if you upload it temporarily on another site. Maybe some other people have the same problems, too, but didn't mention it.

Best regards,
    proelium

Quote Originally Posted by proelium_committere View Post
    @hammeredalways
    I am not very familiar with sites like filefactory or rapidshare, and I have no premium account. So it would be kind of you if you upload it temporarily on another site. Maybe some other people have the same problems, too, but didn't mention it.

Best regards,
    proelium
    no probs., it's uploading now so I will send you the link once complete, let me know once you have it downloaded and installed. If I find an alternative permanent site in the interim I will also advise

Laetus

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	261.7 KB 
ID:	292545

thanks I will check it out and see if I can identify the unit

Laetus

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	292546It crash only using this army

that I can resolve quickly, the unit second row down 5th to the right, "Deli Horseman" is the culprit it should be disabled in CB 2.2, if you disband this unit prior to the battle, then try again and let me know if that is a success

Laetus

Yes ,you are correct ! Disband Deli horsemen ,problem solved

@hammeredalways
    Hey, sorry to bother, but is there any chance you still have that temp-download site? I'm having the same problem that proelium was previously having. The mod looks awesome, and I'd love to try out the new factions it introduces.

http://we.tl/bJmVq916up

Hi Gents, - the Mod is uploaded to the link above, it generally stays there for 28 days, you do not need to sign up to anything just click and download

Tiro

Am enjoying this very much hammeredalways. So what kind of new stuff are we in for next? sorry if I didn't catch it before Am still playing ETW because of the mods out there with this and Bran's being the top two on the list. Keep on knocking it out Okay, just want to get this clear so I won't mess anything up. For example I'm playing as the Bavarians on a forty unit save game. Now I noticed in the unit stats table of the German units that the Bavarian units have limits, but when I play the forty unit save the units are unlimited. So does the dathmod pack override the CB 2.2 on some of the units? Kind of confused a little. Anyway yalls units look smashing. can't wait to see the new stuff
    Last edited by robroy; August 30, 2013 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robroy View Post
    Am enjoying this very much hammeredalways. So what kind of new stuff are we in for next? sorry if I didn't catch it before Am still playing ETW because of the mods out there with this and Bran's being the top two on the list. Keep on knocking it out Okay, just want to get this clear so I won't mess anything up. For example I'm playing as the Bavarians on a forty unit save game. Now I noticed in the unit stats table of the German units that the Bavarian units have limits, but when I play the forty unit save the units are unlimited. So does the dathmod pack override the CB 2.2 on some of the units? Kind of confused a little. Anyway yalls units look smashing. can't wait to see the new stuff
    an fantastic new launcher, all emergent playable (most with their own unit packs) ongoing overhauls and of course Great Britain unit overhaul, probably more as well, and if I didn't mention the new launcher it really is excellent, husserITW is a genius (now I have to go feed alhoon, as I have him locked in the basement in a dark room testing, testing, testing - why he needs to eat and sleep I don't know)

I just played Morocco and I must admit there are things that interest me, so here is some questions:

1. I have browsed here and there, and couldn't find information regarding the Ismail bin Sharif whether they were sunni or shia. Any clues?

2. There are adequate sources regarding The Black Guard. But I still dont have a clue how the Janissary related to the kingdom, Morocco and Ottoman didnt get along well afaik.

3. Would you ever consider to add some unrest since historically, the kingdom had difficult times in unifying the surrounding tribes.. well, to make things worse since Briton and Spaniard are aggressively invading in the first few turns :p

Turks love reality and fairness. They were always fair but they met a lot of unfair things against them.

Quote Originally Posted by EastJerusalem View Post
    I just played Morocco and I must admit there are things that interest me, so here is some questions:

1. I have browsed here and there, and couldn't find information regarding the Ismail bin Sharif whether they were sunni or shia. Any clues?

2. There are adequate sources regarding The Black Guard. But I still dont have a clue how the Janissary related to the kingdom, Morocco and Ottoman didnt get along well afaik.

3. Would you ever consider to add some unrest since historically, the kingdom had difficult times in unifying the surrounding tribes.. well, to make things worse since Briton and Spaniard are aggressively invading in the first few turns :p
    point 1 - no idea I'm afraid

point 2 - agreed, - whilst Janissary are a predominantly Ottoman term, I suppose we could have used Ghulam, or other. Unfortunately most of the Morocco pack is merged from another Mod, and adapted for CB/DME. Though I would add for example in the extensive research we did there were references to Janissary troops for the Persians, the problem I believe is that many of the texts are translated and their may be a misunderstanding on the term, hence the final English text may incorrectly use the term Janissary when in fact they are captured/slave etc., soldiers
    point 3 - it is my understanding (though I am no expert on Morocco) that the Black Guard grew to some 150K in strength and were used to suppress (sometimes brutally) the local tribes, which in turn led to the massacre of the Black Guard later. We have looked at using unrest (Punjab is the test) and may extend this further, probably utilising some form of specific building as well as troops to effectively pacify a region - again we need to develop and test this which will be after conclusion of the unit packs.
    Britain I think had good relations historically with Morocco so perhaps we will tweak that.

Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate it. Love this education part of the game

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by zmq127911 View Post

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	292546It crash only using this army
    There are Deli horsemen there. It causes a CTD
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by robroy View Post
    For example I'm playing as the Bavarians on a forty unit save game.
    The 40 unit save games do NOT include all the features of CB 2.2. For example many units need AoR resources that are not in those saves. If you want to have all the units that are in CB, then you need to start a campaign normally and then change it to 40 units using the ESF editor.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

So got this installed and removed the DME_UPC_v6_3 pack from the DME/packs folder (so the launcher doesn't copy it over) and when I load up the game the new units names display correctly just like they are supposed too.

However special characters in the text do not display correctly like quotations or the ü in Württemberg. Keeping DME_UPC_v6_3 fixes this but obviously new unit names disappear. I assume there's something amiss with the localisation file?
    I've noticed some screenshots on this thread show it as well, so sorry if this has been mentioned already.