Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Editing Units

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: Editing Units

Darth'd version attached, any others you copy/clone should be taken from the DME_darthmod pack
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Beantownfan73's Avatar Foederatus

Ok cool.One thing I ran into - When in beantown_building_units_allowed table, the drop down menus in column 2, catlins_line_infantry is not listed.

So this is where I'm at - after doing the warscape_animated_lod_tables file (the drop down menu listed catlin_elite_line_infantry) I proceeded to the next step which was building_units_allowed where i copied the 33rd Foot (like you did) and pasted into my file. The drop down menu here does not list my unit. The same goes for unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions file. After copying the file and pasting it to my file, my unit does not appear in the drop down menu. Being a noob, I triple checked my work and I followed your guide exactly, but i must have done something wrong. I even made sure all unit names were the same and spelled correctly as well and they were. Not sure if that matters but it's all spelled right and are unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownfan73 View Post
    So this is where I'm at - after doing the warscape_animated_lod_tables file (the drop down menu listed catlin_elite_line_infantry) I proceeded to the next step which was building_units_allowed where i copied the 33rd Foot (like you did) and pasted into my file. The drop down menu here does not list my unit. The same goes for unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions file. After copying the file and pasting it to my file, my unit does not appear in the drop down menu. Being a noob, I triple checked my work and I followed your guide exactly, but i must have done something wrong. I even made sure all unit names were the same and spelled correctly as well and they were. Not sure if that matters but it's all spelled right and are unique.
    Hi - did you add the tables in the same order that I did?, let me know and will check to make sure that everything is included and correct
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownfan73 View Post
    I am using your guide now...very detailed, I don't know what to say?! You are awesome and this seemed like a lot of work for you! I'm doing it too and so far so good. How do i give you reps or kudos? I know it's just a game but you have helped me immensely. I am finding as i go along with your guide how easy it actually is now. After many hours of frustration, thanks to you, I will have that custom unit!
    no probs., no need about the rep., just hope you enjoy

last thing for now, using Darthmod you can simply use the launcher to edit the user_script (open DME launcher - edit - User Script - type the pack name (only the name in this instance Beantown) press add and then update user script, the game will ad it automatically

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    Hi - did you add the tables in the same order that I did?, let me know and will check to make sure that everything is included and correct
    Yep...I followed along exact. When I was in PFM though, I edited the names in there.

I also don't know what to add to the localization file - add what text?

Hi attached are the steps needed to add the unit descriptions into the game via the localisation file, let me know if anything is unclear
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails localisation.pdf  

Hi attached are the steps needed to add the unit descriptions into the game via the localisation file, let me know if anything is unclear
    Thanks! I uninstalled DarthMod for now...I couldn't even load the game this morning, it kept CTD because of my mod and his and some others I had tried before talking to you. I used the mod manager thing to pick and choose which to load but that didn't work. So i am installing a clean copy of ETW. So the localization file will be vanilla - i'll have to create another one right cause you shouldn't edit vanilla? So do i open the vanilla loc and then create a new loc named beantown.loc?

that will be fine, I can upload mine if you like

that will be fine, I can upload mine if you like
    Thats fine...but i want to do it too so i can get a feel for it. I got the hang of things last night, was up till midnight tinkering around with it. So here is what i'll do and you can tell me if i'm wrong or right...lol...

Open PFM or DBEdit?- navigate to game directory data folder - click on local_en.pack - open that file - create new pack named beantown.loc.pack?

PFM - and rest is fine, you will need to add as a user_script using the name of your loc.pack

PFM - and rest is fine, you will need to add as a user_script using the name of your loc.pack
    Ok. I don't know how to do the user script. Is it easy? I know it uses notepad but not sure what entries for that and for the mod itself...the names and format

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13066881 - just edit this one, you will need to tell the game about your Mod as well, place it in the C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13066881 - just edit this one, you will need to tell the game about your Mod as well, place it in the C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    Beantown mod is listed in the script you gave me, thats the name of my mod, so leave as is right? Does the loc.pack go in this same script as well and what entry do i make?

that is correct, add the second line Beantown.localisation (assuming that is what you have named the file) save it and place in the scripts folder

that is correct, add the second line Beantown.localisation (assuming that is what you have named the file) save it and place in the scripts folder
    mod "beantown.pack";
    mod "beantown.localization.pack";

Is that correct??

correct, just check the z (US spelling) as opposed to s (UK spelling) in localisation, as long as it matches what you have named your file that should be fine

correct, just check the z (US spelling) as opposed to s (UK spelling) in localisation, as long as it matches what you have named your file that should be fine
    Ok will do. Now will the pack and all that load with the game when i start from Steam or do i need to do something to make it show

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast