Thread: Removing town growth debuff from Native factions?

Default Removing town growth debuff from Native factions?

I noticed when playing as the Native American factions in the Grand Campaign that all of them have a -30 debuff to regional growth, and this is not affected by ministers or government type. With bad ministers or inept leaders this can get much higher. This essentially cripples the economies of these factions no matter how developed their regions are.

Is this hard-coded into the Startpos file or is this an issue that can be fixed in the DB editor?

Default Re: Removing town growth debuff from Native factions?

Hi,

In the starpos.esf and your potential game saves there is a block which is for faction related bonus like moral boost and such. It is possible this is a bonus/penalty inflincted in the faction_array block, campaign_bonus_values. Unfortunately, the ;orale boost of +7 is "easy" to spot once you see it everyonce in a while in those, but the other bonus i have no idea what they change.

You might find the penalty in the campaign_bonus_values of the faction with said value of -30 ...

Also you could add a growth bonus to their specific building chain to compensate or event improve the growth value, regardless of the penalty which is probably much easier ... I think the natives are crippled in the campaign to prevent them from destroying colonial powers in the Americas theater. They are not the only faction suffering from insidious penalties (or lack of bonuses)