Thread: Spreading Sikhism

Icon5 Spreading Sikhism

I was wondering if there is a mod out there that allows Punjab to build religious buildings and spread Sikhism. I found one but it is old and doesn't seem to work. If somebody could make one it would be much appreciated.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: Spreading Sikhism

Hi the key issue has always been getting the Agent to both spawn and convert, we successfully got the agent to spawn without CTD, but there is nothing that we could find to make the agent actually convert. Our Punjab Mod will most have an increased conversion rate for Churches, that way at least conversion can take place
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Searching in ETW startpos, I've found a strange coincidence.
    If you look at CAMPAIGN_MODEL > CAI_INTERFACE > CAI_WORLD > CAI_WORLD_CHARACTERS, religious agents had the particularity to have 2 as value for their 11th row and they are the only ones to have such value.

It's quite tedious, but agents are arranged depending of their order of appearance in CAI_WORLD_CHARACTERS from FACTION_ARRAY.
    Agent ID from CAI_WORLD_CHARACTERS is also used in the 4th row of CAI_WORLD_CHARACTERS from CAI_WORLD.

For example, the first agent in ETW startpos is the 5374 (CAI_WORLD_CHARACTERS ID). It correspond to 580135960 (agent ID in Britain FACTION_ARRAY) and is a British protestant_missionary.
    Next ones are :

• 5429, aka 573935272, a French catholic_missionary
    • 5469, aka 580445368, an other French catholic_missionary
    • etc.

But I didn't have time to test if adding a new agent and changing this value would allow to enable conversion.
    If someone is interested in...

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

is there any progress in regards to spreading sikhism

Quote Originally Posted by khalsasingh View Post
    is there any progress in regards to spreading sikhism
    Actually yes, I found a way to spread Sikhism in the game. I haven't figured out how to use agents or put in a new building but I have been able to spread Sikhism with buildings currently in the game.
    I can tell people how if they are interested.

i am interested

It is interesting. It could change the gameplay a bit and add more flavour. I am all for properly restoring Sikhism into the game.