• No

0 0%
  • Abstain

1 9.09%

Thread: [Artifex] Rhaymo (Patron: Ishan) [PASSED]

Default [Artifex] Rhaymo (Patron: Ishan) [PASSED]

Rhaymo

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaymo
    Hi my name is Rhaymo and I had joined TWC on May 23, 2007.
    I would like to be an Artifex of the TWC forums for my contribution to twcenter modding community (and because i like that badge ).
    Five years ago i joined to a modding team (not on twcenter) as historical researcher for a Kingdoms mod on Classic Era. Soon as, because of people leaving the team , i become the team leder, modeller, texturer and coder and , with the great help of johnwhile and housekeeper, on 15 July 2013 we released De Bello Mundi http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...undi-%28DBM%29 , the first, up to date, Med2/Kingdoms mod on Classical Era. In our subofurm you can look at our preview and screenshot, and make an idea of our work). I worked on unit models and textures, strategic settlement models and textures, battle settlement models and textures, using also materials from rtw and some other mod. I also worked on Edu, projectile stats, siege engines text files and uicard.
    In these 5 years of developing, i regularly browsed twcenter to find tips, tricks and tutorials on all aspects of the modding, also asking to the experts users.
    For this, and according to my idea of modding and community, all of the material mod is free to use by other mods (the only exception are the Cai files, i'm not the author). I think that without limiting the permission of use, the modding community can create better mod, growing up on exisisting stuff.
    I think and hope that my contribution to twcenter will not limit to DBM mod.
    That's all and thanks for your time.

My thoughts
    I have been out of touch since last December or so and have to say that his work totally out me off guard all of a sudden as otherwise i might've known that this great mod was near its release. I bring CdeC a no brainer this time as this guy has been working on his mod for 5 years and he has pulled most of the weight himself and this clearly reminds me of Jarlaxe. All the info you guys need can be found on his newly created hosted forum so all the info is just contained in a couple of threads and if you guys want to dive in deep then you would have to download, install the mod and play it to review it. Classic CdeC style.

I did some digging myself and found the team and what they did in his mod:

• Mod Leader: Rhaymo
    • 3D Modelling: Rhaymo, Johnwhile, boboav
    • Skinning: Rhaymo, Johnwhile
    • Mapping: Lucius Septimius Severus, The Housekeeper
    • Coding: Rhaymo, Johnwhile, The Housekeeper, Boboav, Fabius Maximus Germanicus
    • Scripting: The Housekeeper, Boboav
    • Translation: Daniel Poggialini

So as you can see majority of the work was done by a person who initially was just a historical researcher. It takes great passion to venture and succeed in such a thing. Now let me show you guys some juicy parts.
    1) The unit preview thread shows the type of modelling and skinning has been done.
    2) The settlement preview thread shows the settlements on the Battle Map. And now this is thing that takes him right beyond the line, i mean beyond artifex because this is no easy feat. He used johnwhile's tools and wilddog's IWTE tool to created this awesomesauce and he also fixed the pathfinding issues on the new terrain which is a huge pain in the arse when playing. Also keep in mind that he had to alter the entire default medieval battle map settlements to give them the roman feel. And not just roman but various other cultures.

Now i personally think this is something worth opifex because besides the battle map modifications which is rare and seen in mods like TATW, he also gave this community the first roman historical based mod on medieval 2 engine, which is unique. And not only that but he has also made his mod as a free resource to be used by other modders of the community with no strings attached. Such a great gesture! Hats off to brother Rhaymo!

So what do you guys say? I know you guys will be busy playing DBM until Rome II comes out.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Artifex] Rhaymo (Patron: Ishan)

Looks nice on first glance.

Moderation issues ?

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

In my eyes, those screenshots was really nice and well-done and unit preview is beautiful to see. I have tried find like this mod for myself long time ago but I didn't. But now I don't play M2TW and soon Rome II will be out too, from my mind. Anyway, project look really nice and 5 years... must be really long time project to get this result. An application is good for me. I will make more research about this mod soon. Promising!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Wow, patron is Ishan, guy is a team leader but started as a researcher? Seems to be a no brainer at first impression.
    Will start researching tomorrow. Have a test to study for.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Looks nice on first glance.

Moderation issues ?
    Record is Clean. I like the Application although its pretty funny how Ishan's paragraph is longer than the clients
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Promising application from first glance and knowing modding Battlemap Models, we might as well throw him the badge here and now

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

And not only that but he has also made his mod as a free resource to be used by other modders of the community with no strings attached. Such a great gesture! Hats off to brother Rhaymo!
    This to me speaks wonders, this what this community is about working together and sharing our labours to help each other reach their goals. I must say I am impressed, and shall commence digging deeper

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Excellent application. Reading more now.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    I like the Application although its pretty funny how Ishan's paragraph is longer than the clients
    Maybe we should consider about Ishan's citizenship as his application. hehe...

Anyway, this guy look really amazing if he is modder, designer, coder, textures as begin he was just normal history researcher and later became a leader. I have no doubt, why he should not get a citizenship.
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; July 25, 2013 at 03:22 AM.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q

De Bello Mundi is a top mod. Very popular. Since going from Italian to English I've heard nothing but good things about DBM in recent weeks. Content generally are looking to get more exposure for the mod with some PR and a news post at the moment.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Blog Entries

Poll time.

Content Emeritus

His work is really worth and used over 5 years for this project. I liked a result what they had done. The application is fine and have enough detail about his team, roles and missions. Very kind person.

So, I will say: Yes

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

An easy yes from me. Might be reaching Opifex even.
    Last edited by Finlander; July 27, 2013 at 12:28 PM.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Where's mine then ?

No seriously a good application.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Not much to explain here, he has put in the work and now should benefit from the rewards

Yes from me

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Blog Entries

Stellar work and outstanding dedication to work. I'll be really pissed if anyone even objects to his next award after some time.

Voted yes...

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Seems to me he has done enough to bring hours of entertainment to the entire TWC community. A yes from me.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q

Passed. I sort this out immediately!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.