Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is a Great Mod

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: This mod is superior to Rome Total War 2 in every single way

I still not buy Rome II yet because so many ppl said it's broken! So I'll stick with this mod and RTW for awhile

This mod has the potential to outdo Rome 2 in everyway.

What boggles the mind is that CA had a virtually unlimited resource to tap here at the TWC. All they really had to do for Rome 2 was take the most popular Rome mod (e.g Roma II Surrectum) and essentially port it over to an upgraded M2 Engine. I say M2 and not Shogun 2 because of the inability to mod the campaign map. Or they could have released more map tools etc.

Fortunately 'we' the people of the internet can essentially port Roma II Surrectum over to M2 and create an immersive and visually spectacular mod with all of the complexity and replay value of Rome 1 or M2.

There are some great elements of Warband such as being able to make your own units or change helmets, looting corpses and upgrading your units based on that.

There are some great elements in the Universalis series too.

These should have been combined into a polishing of Roma II Surrectum to produce a high quality 'Rome II' CA release.

Production cost would have been equal or less, and reception would have been tremendously better.

CA must be a corrupt organization bent on hiring friends of friends with no love for the Total War series.

Instead people like King Kong and the Russian team who made Rusichi as well as the RII Surrectum team should have been hired.

I really hope more of us scripters and modders can come together around this DBM mod and produce as much as what R2 should have been as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jangomango83 View Post
    Beutiful mod!!! Bella lì, puttana madonna
    PORCOBIO ! grazie.

I just tried Rome2 patch3 , my graphics card (Mobility RadeonHD 4650) have the necessary requirements but in game with all set to minimum slow a lot then units fight and in a siege, with shogun2 unit dimension very large and graphic to medium the game is quite fluid.... Why my friend with a similar computer but with a GeForce can play well at medium details ?
    So if the 3d engine is better than shogun2 why i'm in the famous "2%" of players that encounter some "issue" ???

I don't want buy a new Computer only for Rome2 and i realize that with a "normal" notebook is impossible appreciate all the new features, but do only a simple random battle i found :
    • 1. the terrain is always "white"

• 2. the FPS hate me

• 3. the units selection is pathetic !!! i can't select my or enemy during fight because mouse collision is bugged...

• 4. i can't see animation because the fight is chaotic, rapid and unrealistic. Seam to see CaesarIV battles ????????????????????????????????????

• 5. WHERE IS MY JAVELIN ???? i can't use it when units stay to look themselves at 1m ???? the magic javelin appear only when unit attack ???

• 6. the 3d world is heavy, too heavy, it's nice to see the butterflies, broken fences and the bees collect pollen, but is absolutely necessary for battle realism ??? NOOO !!! remove the * flag in the middle of battlefield is extremely necessary !!! who is the genius that have done this ??

• 7. assign a new order to a unit which stands fighting is impossible ?? need to repeat mouse order 2 or 3 time ???

• 8. The squares of the land that appear when the camera moves was a bug fix of patch 3 ??? of course, nothing change !!! Call the google's programmers to learn how made a terrain engine with lod system... and why the map is greater than google maps ??? why not reduce it just a little to improve engine ???

• 9. WTF why medieval2 + DBM have a better graphic ??? need to set all to maximum to see the same result ???

i didn't start a campain because need to buy a new computer but i'm happy to be the "2%" of players... and thanks to translate completely in Italian like write in the box !!! and I thought they had made ​​the dialogues in Latin . You have spent too many money for game engine ( copy+paste of shogun2 with adding some necessary bugs)

Luckily i sold Rome2 to my friend because i'm very frustrate to lost 50E
    Last edited by johnwhile; October 07, 2013 at 04:35 AM.
    Forums:............freeforumzone - mtwitalia - twcenter
    Works:.....worldcollision file - ModelReferencePoints files - MaxScript Building Editor
    Other:.............siege-engine(video) - new-animations(video) - buildings
    Have to take the money where it is: at the poor. They have little, but they are many. Alphonse Allais

A little demotivational

"In this mod we have invested only free time...."
    Last edited by johnwhile; January 15, 2014 at 04:45 AM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Lol!!! Yes this mod is way better than Rome 2

Any News on your submod "Roman and Greek Faction Units Mod" or your waiting for patch 1.1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Lol!!! Yes this mod is way better than Rome 2
    Any News on your submod "Roman and Greek Faction Units Mod" or your waiting for patch 1.1 ? Sorry for double post new here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123