Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is a Great Mod

Default Re: Just What I Needed To Tide Me Over Till Rome 2

well we are talking about little DLC's and not Huge Expansions....you may be right but the truth is we only buy such product just so we can make a great mod run,which in its essence is we don't care about the Expansion itself because all we need is its function to make a mod work.........i just hope CA don't follow the Steam Bandwagon,Steam eats resources and also make a lot of things slower compared to having your own servers and multiplayer functions,the only success game that is suitable for steam is games like DotA 2 or other F2P games.

But anyway good news guys because it seems Rome 2 is too customizable enough to satisfy your needs and in addition to that the developers have put modding in mind and they have built in mod manager or mod kits as i see it in some pictures and videos.

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Default This mod is superior to Rome Total War 2 in every single way

Seriously.

I'm going to play this until Rome 2: Total Realism comes out, probably even after that.

Amazing work, THANK YOU!

Default Re: This mod is superior to Rome Total War 2 in every single way

At least the overall impression is better I agree.

Was going to post something like this. Now all we need is a Carthage fix for this mod. Ill be playing this waiting for 1 patch (maybe more) for Rome II.

This is what i feel as well...All we need is more units from the guys in the sub mod section and we are perfect!

I agree as well. If the creator of this mod will take units from rome 2 and implement them it will be even better, this mod is very close to being awesome, just needs a little polishing ;P

Does this mod have Rome TW's music?
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Most mods are superior to Rome 2 in every way.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

I agree 100% This is an outstanding mod I highly recommend it to everyone. I was so disappointed with Rome 2 and this mod is everything Rome 2 should have been. I had a battle last night as the Romans against an army of Gaul’s and it was awesome with lots of time for tactics and I love the music. Really good work team you should all be working for CA Thanks so much.

Yes it is, unfortunately. I had my hopes up...

Let's see what mods come out for RTW2 in ten years or so.

Under the benevolent guidance of jimkatalanos

only two things I don't like so far: garrison script and ai cheat money script, but those are easily removed.

This is the reason why game creators want restrict the ability to do the mods in future and don't want make a "perfect game" (where are always some defect), if you don't buy Rome2TW because you prefer DBM is a money loss. Then download the mod as you like but don't say "i don't want buy Rome2TW because i prefer the mods" but "i want buy Rome2TW becuase i'll use the mods"
    Last edited by johnwhile; September 19, 2013 at 07:59 AM.
    Forums:............freeforumzone - mtwitalia - twcenter
    Works:.....worldcollision file - ModelReferencePoints files - MaxScript Building Editor
    Other:.............siege-engine(video) - new-animations(video) - buildings
    Have to take the money where it is: at the poor. They have little, but they are many. Alphonse Allais

If the game creators made good games that were easy to mod, people would buy those games. If customers knew they would be getting a high quality product that could easily be converted into more high quality products, they would happily purchase them. However, it's not the game creators who are idiots incapable of making good games. The idiots are those who keep buying crappy games, encouraging the game makers to keep making crappy games. Look at all the morons who were so excited over Shogun 2 and Rome 2, even though they would be made by the same people who had made the previous train wreck games. That's what TW stands for, in case you didn't know, not "total war". To get excited over a game made by CA and published by Sega is the height of imbecility. It's like getting excited over a new president or prime minister thinking that he'll be any different from the previous ones. Most people in the world are unbelievably stupid.

I wouldn't buy Rome 2 (or anything else from CA) even if there were no mods like this one.

better then rome 2? i dont know, this mod still has a lot of polish to do right now. but maybe in the future, i could see it.

ger217's Avatar Libertus

Another thing about R2TW is, all the reskin unit mods all call for using a mod manager. I like the idea here that you can copy and paste a file in your data file and you don't have to use a mod manager. My reason why I don't like the manager is because it doesn't reconize my RTW2 installation exe. file. It says, its missing. I can't find a legitmate answer so far to my problem. I can't wait for the new patch here. I willbe back playing DBM again.

i'm waiting some month before buy Rome2 because i read about a lot of issue (and i remember that my AMD RadeonHD hate the new Total Wars series... . I see some gameplay but i not had a very good impression, for the importance of the title, the experience of CA team about the previous titles and expectation of fans, I hoped for perfection...

And I didn't like discrimination on Italian and Spanish language version (we buy at the same price of other)... why legionary speak in english ? globalization ? the interpreter died ? made in China ? at this point they can also say "God save the queen" or "for Mather Russia" or "Allah at Bar" or "Banzaiiii" or " the system"
    Last edited by johnwhile; September 23, 2013 at 04:48 AM.
    Forums:............freeforumzone - mtwitalia - twcenter
    Works:.....worldcollision file - ModelReferencePoints files - MaxScript Building Editor
    Other:.............siege-engine(video) - new-animations(video) - buildings
    Have to take the money where it is: at the poor. They have little, but they are many. Alphonse Allais

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Beutiful mod!!! Bella lì, puttana madonna

I will try this mod while waiting for EB II but i have to say this OP : in Farmville is better than Rtw 2 so its hardly an acomplishment....
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Disregard RTW2 - acquire Europa Barbarorum 2.

Hey, CA - "Get Woke Go Broke" !

Proud owner of white skin and a penis - bite me.

I just want to say I downloaded this mod a couple of days ago, and I love it. I think I havent been so excited about playing a game in quite a while. I started the XiongNu campagin and between the music, the models, the huge amount of buildings you can opt to build, and everything else I was simply giddy. Like when you're a kid and you get a surprise present that you actually do like, not socks XD.

Anyway, this mod is fantastic and everyone should trry it out I think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast