Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [FAQ] Frequently asked questions

Default Re: >>>>>>>>>> F.A.Q. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Maybe different breeds?

Is there a list of the legions and the settlements in which they can be recruited? And where can I recruit Ferrata and Rapax Post Marian?

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

horse models are from vanilla. for the texture we use "Real horse project" of Argent Usher . btw, that carthaginian cavalry is using Light Horse model, while roman Heavy horse model. the second is lighlty bigger
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Oh ok, I just think the horses could look a little more realistic, that would be pretty difficult to do I believe.

Question - do any of the units visually armour upgrade? I upgraded units playing as Rome and didn't 'see' any difference. That was one of the biggest improvements of M2 over Rome, given that in M2 we give up some of the great things in Rome like huge cities and elements of immersion via scale that M2 never quite grasped.

As an aside, I really miss 'seeing' the settlement surroundings in Rome more as they appear on the strategic map ..

Anyhow, I had ideas about modding this game so that armor improvements were visible.

Essentially it would collapse three units into one, freeing up lots of unit slots. Hastati would be Principes pre-upgrade. The unit cards would explain it all.

The roman town guard should get little leather and helmets as upgrades ... maybe they start with not so good shields and then end up with the ones they have now?

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

airborne guy, what turn were you on when yo hit the reforms? was it on turn 81, or was it after that? Im just wondering because im playing as the Seleucid kingdom and im just waiting to be able to get the romanized infantry so I can expand my kingdom to the west, ive already conqured alot of egypt im just missing a few cities, but im ready to change to the reformed infantry.

Edit: btw Rhaymo i was doin a cutom battle with the egyptians and I noticed their romanized infantry are all spearmen, was this intentional? because I figured they would be classified as heavy infantry scince thats kinda in their name, but I think giving the ptolomaic heavy romanized infantry a sword, and keeping the light ptolomaic romanized infantry as spearmen would kind of balance things out for people who would just like to use the romanized infantry.

Sorry for the long messages.
    Last edited by Evalation; July 29, 2013 at 01:23 PM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Quote Originally Posted by Evalation View Post
    airborne guy, what turn were you on when yo hit the reforms? was it on turn 81, or was it after that? Im just wondering because im playing as the Seleucid kingdom and im just waiting to be able to get the romanized infantry so I can expand my kingdom to the west, ive already conqured alot of egypt im just missing a few cities, but im ready to change to the reformed infantry.

Edit: btw Rhaymo is was doin a cutom battle with the egyptians and I noticed their romanized infantry are all spearmen, was this intentional? because I figured they would be classified as heavy infantry scince thats kinda in their name, but I think giving the ptolomaic heavy romanized infantry a sword, and keeping the light ptolomaic romanized infantry as spearmen would kind of balance things out for people who would just like to use the romanized infantry.

Sorry for the long messages.
    Yeah, I believe it was around turn 81 for the helenistic

hyretic's Avatar Decanus

hi.
    at first: great mod!

One question, so many new units, new settlements for the battlemap, so many hours of work, but, in the name of jupiter, why do you have a interface from M2TW in the mod?
    Or there is a new interface in the next patches?

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Any plan on using Kingdoms Launcher Apps for easier installation on Steam ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Any plan on using Kingdoms Launcher Apps for easier installation on Steam ?
    Its really easy to install on steam, just like SS or TATW

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Its really easy to install on steam, just like SS or TATW
    I know it;s easy to install. With the apps it's much easier to run the mod rather than renaming mod folders manually.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

hyretic's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by hyretic View Post
    hi.
    at first: great mod!

One question, so many new units, new settlements for the battlemap, so many hours of work, but, in the name of jupiter, why do you have a interface from M2TW in the mod?
    Or there is a new interface in the next patches?
    no answer, no work on interface?

i make a submod, okay?

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Is there anyway I can turn the Ptolomaic romanized heavy infantry into swordsmen instead of spearmen?
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

what do Hellenistic Reforms bring to the Hellenistic Factions? like the Greek States for example?

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by hameem123 View Post
    what do Hellenistic Reforms bring to the Hellenistic Factions? like the Greek States for example?
    units with thureos shield, chainmail, and spear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaymo View Post
    units with thureos shield, chainmail, and spear.
    Only Thorakites? i mean the Heavy Hoplite is much better stat wise compared to them.

Default How can I get elephant unit in Bactria/Egypt..

Great mod.. I just want to ask how to get elephant unit... I open building browser in Bactria/Egypt there is no elephant stable like in India..

thank you..

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: How can I get elephant unit in Bactria/Egypt..

you can recruit elephants only where's the ivory resource. Please read the manual (pg 45)

Why are costs for armour upgrade so high - in some cases even higher than original cost for the unit and more than ten times the upkeep cost (see Galatian Spearmen for example). I've never seen anything like this before in a Mod. What's the design idea please?

Quote Originally Posted by pons View Post
    Why are costs for armour upgrade so high - in some cases even higher than original cost for the unit and more than ten times the upkeep cost (see Galatian Spearmen for example). I've never seen anything like this before in a Mod. What's the design idea please?
    Stop complaining... If you want it fixed, then make a submod!

Nough Said!!