Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [FAQ] Frequently asked questions

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [FAQ] Frequently asked questions

Rhaymo, would you suggest playing Battles at Very Hard difficulty? I played at Hard and the A.I. units withdraw too fast.

EDIT: also I'm playing Campaign on Very Hard. Do you recommend this level?

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

I just installed the 1.2 patch, but now I can´t get the mod to work, I get to splash screen and then nothing, I did not use the method in the first post, but I had it working just fine before the patch, any help?
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    I just installed the 1.2 patch, but now I can´t get the mod to work, I get to splash screen and then nothing, I did not use the method in the first post, but I had it working just fine before the patch, any help?
    have you installed patch 1.1 before 1.2?
    in DBM folder there is a README.txt file. does it contain the text "Patch 1.2"?
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

I had to go for a full reinstall, but I got it to work, I think there may have been a problem on the "copy/paste" part, but it´s of no matter now, quick question, is it "save compatible"? Thanks.
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Could you upload the Manual (on English) to another site? Rapidshare link does not work.

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    Could you upload the Manual (on English) to another site? Rapidshare link does not work.
    manual is in the DBM\extra\info folder
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Thanks Rhaymo!

Guys, a small question. Why do stone walls throw no oil ?
    I tried to add them in the files myself but it made my game crash.

I see, huge stone walls do have oil dropping, but I didnt play far enough to actually have built huge stone walls.

So, do walls or gates throw oil in this mod and if not, how can I activate it ?

How can I disable senate missions for Rome? They constantly want me to conquer cities and I do not want to expand so fast yet... Or face civil war...

Default Re: >>>>>>>>>> F.A.Q. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

In the release thread it's written the mod is both in English and Italian, where I should change to switch the language?

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey I'm playing 1.2 and the R&R submod and I'm up to 632 AUC and the Marian Reforms haven't fired yet!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Mappo's Avatar Civis

Hi all, after some years I have reinstalled Medieval and this awesome mod, but I don't remember how I can change the no time limit during the campaign battles. Many thanks in advance
    Faithful in the centuries
    &

haha, always good to give MII a go from time to time..

Btw, dont forget the new DBM project is out, current version 2.0 (in testing phase)...

whereas, about the limit of battles, you can choose it in the main menu where you see selection of factions for the campaign... there are some options like: long/short gameplay, difficulty level and also the "no battle time limit", if selected there is no limit, if not selected there is limit...

then while you play the campaign, you can choose from settings menu and decide the time you want..

Mappo's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    haha, always good to give MII a go from time to time..

Btw, dont forget the new DBM project is out, current version 2.0 (in testing phase)...

whereas, about the limit of battles, you can choose it in the main menu where you see selection of factions for the campaign... there are some options like: long/short gameplay, difficulty level and also the "no battle time limit", if selected there is no limit, if not selected there is limit...

then while you play the campaign, you can choose from settings menu and decide the time you want..
    Grazie mille rafmc1989, si vede che era veramente tanto tempo che non giocavo ad un Total War. Comunque non vedo l'ora di provare DBM 2.0 Complimenti per il lavoro fatto. A presto.
    &

ook, tienimi aggiornato quando lo provi.. ricorda che è in fase testing, non ancora la official vera e propria... sei utente cd o Steam?

Mappo's Avatar Civis

ook, tienimi aggiornato quando lo provi.. ricorda che è in fase testing, non ancora la official vera e propria... sei utente cd o Steam?
    Ho la versione CD, è l'unico Total war che ho su CD, tutti gli altri sono su Steam, il prossimo fine settimana mi cimenterò con la beta
    &

ok allora è l'installazione semplice per te... bene tienimi informato: specifica fazione, difficoltà e campagna (free/historical)

Mappo's Avatar Civis

ok allora è l'installazione semplice per te... bene tienimi informato: specifica fazione, difficoltà e campagna (free/historical)
    Ciao, purtroppo ho problemi con il lanciare la campagna, a metà caricamento il gioco mi crasha e mi dice che è avvenuto un errore fatale grafico e mi consiglia di ridurre il livello grafico. Ho portato tutto a low, ma non cambia niente, viceversa riesco a fare sia le custom battles che le quick battles senza problemi anche settando tutta la grafica ad high.
    &

mhm prova ad usare il lighter texture pack rilasciato da selv, può aiutare...
    Inoltre, controlla di avere il 4gb patch e aver seguito le istruzioni di install correttamente..

Default Re: >>>>>>>>>> F.A.Q. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

(automatically translated)
    Good morning to all, I am Mariulin.
    I apologize for the somewhat unkempt question;
    Where could I download the music that accompanies the main menu?
    I thank you in advance for any reply and wish you a good day.