Thread: Boshin war era units

Default Boshin war era units

I'm developing a semi historical unit pack over here and (not surprisingly) I'm having a hard time finding historical units not already in game. This is compounded by the fact that most units didn't seem to wear a standardized uniform and organization was very limited at best. I had this thread up about a year ago
    and I've used it substantially but I still need more. So if you have time or need something to do I would appreciate the help. Also as a side note post Boshin War units (through the Satsuma Rebellion) are of interest as well, if you find anything.

Right now, I'm looking for units for Tosa/Tsu domains in particular. Thanks a bunch!.

Default Re: Boshin war era units

I suggest you adding some Prussian style troops. Japanese soldiers led by Prussian officers.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Dutch marines and German troops would be nice.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Artifex

Try these ones:
    - Raigekitai (Satsuma Surpise Attack Group)
    - Denshutai
    - Battoutai
    - Gakuheitai (Sendai troops with Snider Enflied trained by English officers and wearing red uniforms)
    - Shinchougumi (Edo Police Force from the Shonai clan)
    - Pioneers (give them earthworks ability)

I'll add them to my Boshin Realism mod eventually, but not right now as I am still in the planning phase.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai