Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: >> BUGS REPORT DBM 1.0<<

Default Re: >> BUGS REPORT<<

Yeah it's weird....It's like Portugal winning a campaign in SS 6.4 being played by the ai. I've never seen the ai ever achieve victory that fast before in any TW game i've played.

Playing a full campaign with germans I"m experiencing many CTDs when starting new turns, and sometimes after a battle too. I tried other factions and had no problem with greeks and carthage. I think It's because the campaign map on germany being more detailed with all those vegetation, which make the region "heavier" graphic-wise. I have lag only in that area while in greece and north africa none at all. But that's just a computer dumb intuition from me .
    I'm using win 8 64-bits

Thank you, the mod team, for this wonderful mod. I have only played it for a few days so I cannot give a very throughout feedback but so far it seems near perfect, especially for a version 1.0! I forgot to mention earlier I am on a win7/64bit machine with 16gigs of ram and a gtx570 nvidia card (playing in windows xp service pack3 mode with desktop design and visual design disabled, non steam version of the game, not installed in programs and uac and daylight savings disabled)

I'd like to report the following bugs:

• random CTDs starting at around turn 15-20 with faction Rome at the beginning of the players turn (not during the rebels turn as many others report, at best at the very end of the rebels turn). This can be avoided by saving and loading the game prior to ending a turn.
    • I allied with Numidia. After many turns, them being my ally, a bellum was called against their capital but at the same turn they wanted to become romanized (join roman culture aka. Christianity ---as in game mechanics, not historical context--- ). I clicked "yes" and assumed the bellum/crusade would end then. It did not. Now I cannot join the bellum even if I wanted to (... cannot against a latin faction) but the AI apparently could. So currently a Numidian army, having joined the bellum, is randomly besieging their own capital, but they never attack themselves. I am surprised it is even possible to declare war against yourself. I have never seen something like this in any vanilla game or mod. (update: what happened a couple of turns later was the bellum bellum/crusade ended and everything went back to "normal", so at least this bug isn't game breaking)
    • turn 60, with 59 regions/56 generals, approx. 500 units (unit size large), new random CTD within my turn, simply by scrolling from city to city on the city overview list
    • turn 70 giving up on high script campaign as random crashes happen during my turn constantly while going through the list scrolls, also encountering the error with the UI icons getting "weird" and replaced by graphical errors, wondering if it is because I am not playing on windows xp or if it is because the game cannot handle such an epic mod xd, will try the light script version next and see if I can play beyond turn 70 with Rome
    • in light campaign mode turn 44 Rome, so far no crash on beginning of turn like in the fully scripted version

I'd like to make the following suggestion:

• One way to avoid the issue with the pope having no capital would be to make it like in the mod "Third Age" and give the pope a hidden province on the map, unreachable and unscoutable by the player. Like this the papal states will never have 0 regions but it will not have an influence on the player's campaign.
    • Raising the SPF_PLAGUE value in settlement_mechanics might be a way to combat factions loosing cities to high unrest frequently. Minimum populations is 800 and with those high growth rates this will be back in the thousands in no time.

edit1: small update with cursade bug and clarification of latin culture/christianity to avoid misunderstandings, thank's for pointing this out Khanage
    edit2: more specificic on what system I am actually playing
    edit3: encountering campaign ending bug(s), restarting new campaign with light script
    edit4: feedback on light campaign
    Last edited by Furin; August 11, 2013 at 07:00 PM.

Under the benevolent guidance of jimkatalanos

Quote Originally Posted by Furin View Post
    Thank you, the mod team, for this wonderful mod. I have only played it for a few days so I cannot give a very throughout feedback but so far it seems near perfect, especially for a version 1.0!

I'd like to report the following bugs:

• random CTDs starting at around turn 15-20 with faction Rome at the beginning of the players turn (not during the rebels turn as many others report, at best at the very end of the rebels turn). This can be avoided by saving and loading the game prior to ending a turn.
    • I allied with Numidia. After many turns, them being my ally, a bellum was called against their capital but at the same turn they wanted to become romanized (join roman culture aka. Christianity). I clicked "yes" and assumed the bellum/crusade would end then. It did not. Now I cannot join the bellum even if I wanted to (... cannot against a latin faction) but the AI apparently could. So currently a Numidian army, having joined the bellum, is randomly besieging their own capital, but they never attack themselves. I am surprised it is even possible to declare war against yourself. I have never seen something like this in any vanilla game or mod.

The Roman way was not Christianity.

And the save and reload strategy to combat the crash only works sometimes. You also have to do it 2, sometimes 3 times to stop the crash happening.

EDIT: And the crash always returns after 2-3 turns.
    Last edited by kahnage; August 10, 2013 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denco View Post
    After some testing and restarting of campaigns I have found this to be a real deal breaker. CTD's occur randomly in battles, it is not action specific related. Sadly this makes this wonderful mod unplayable for me for the time being ( I'm hoping this will get fixed because it is the only mod that has this issue ).

I'm playing the Lite campaign edited for no waste, also I'm using the Anti-Squalor: A small unofficial patch but since the CTD is on battle I doubt they would cause this issue.

My system specs:

i7 2600k 4.5Ghz
    Sapphire 7970 3GB
    Maximus IV gene-z
    Corsair Vengeance 1866
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Medieval 2 kingdoms 1.5 patch not installed on my main drive
    My log is attached
    So does anyone has the same problem as me or am I the only one?

I don't know if this was reported before or not, but in my game as the Greeks (Achaean League), I had a report of Imminent Defeat due to the Rebels being close to finishing their objectives for Victory. It happened about turn 5. I'm playing a Lite campaign with Historical victory conditions, M/M difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Denco View Post
    So does anyone has the same problem as me or am I the only one?
    The only CTD's i see people complaining about are the campaign ones.

You probably aren't the only one, but i think campaign map CTD's are far more common, and the battle CTD's for people are inconsistent, unlike the Campaign map ones which happen like clockwork every 3-5 turns (for me, anyway).

Are you sure you arent just overloading your computer?

I mean, i do get the odd CTD during battles, but then again i am usually playing huge battles on max graphics.

Which can be a real problem when you have 3 ~3500 man roman armies vs 5 ~3500 man Macedonian armies on a Megalopolis siege map on a game engine designed for battles 1 sixth the size.
    Last edited by kahnage; August 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeEB2 View Post
    Not sure if it's a bug but i'm on turn 61 with Swebaz and am doing very well. All of a sudden it said the Sabiens or whatever faction they are i forget how to spell it had won the campaign and it asked me if i wanted to continue....How did they conquer 60+ regions in 61 turns? I still have many male family members left so it's not like my family tree is dead and i can't still win my campaign....

I've never seen another faction complete their victory conditions that fast before ever...

Same here. They managed to win the campaign with Aegypt and Seleucid as Vasalls. So they got easily over 40 regions.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

I found a weird model bug on all crossbow units:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The secondary-weapon (swords) on screen are actually in random position - when I paused it and moved around camera, they showed up in various different places and flashed.

I also tried to change their secondary weapon from other models but other problems appeared - such as the edge of Halberd become visible when it's made a secondary weapon and inactive.

--
    Edit:

I confirmed the problem is exclusive to Han mercenaries: crossbowmen / medium crossbowmen / horse archers / mounted crossbowmen. Other bowstring units are unaffected, and Han units can be fixed by removing the arrow heads and replacing bowstring animations with vanilla animations.
    Last edited by AqD; August 12, 2013 at 02:02 PM.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

I was playing the 1st Punic War Campaign after unlocking it winning the Battle of Gartumantus(?)

I think it might be bugged, not certain... I conquered pretty much everything, Carthage, Hadrumusta, the 2 Islands west of Italy.. I took all of Italy, Sicily and Apollonia and it's neighbouring City to the North and there is no other cities to take except Rome and you can't enter it.

Everywhere else outside the map square isn't passable... Do I need to build a certain building or something? Or is the Punic War Campaign a Work in Progress?

Default problem with the infantry with javelins

for some reason throwing javelins infantry has no primary weapon, or at least not seen. and searched around here and not seen anything about it.

has occurred if someone knows something about the subject or fix would be grateful

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Any eta on the patch so I can clear my schedule?

Don't preorder games!

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: problem with the infantry with javelins

It would be helpful if you could list the Faction and unit that is causing this problem.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: problem with the infantry with javelins

and to put this in the bugs thread, instead of making a new one. Rhaymo is always on and answering questions

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    I found a weird model bug on all crossbow units:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The secondary-weapon (swords) on screen are actually in random position - when I paused it and moved around camera, they showed up in various different places and flashed.

I also tried to change their secondary weapon from other models but other problems appeared - such as the edge of Halberd become visible when it's made a secondary weapon and inactive.

--
    Edit:

I confirmed the problem is exclusive to Han mercenaries: crossbowmen / medium crossbowmen / horse archers / mounted crossbowmen. Other bowstring units are unaffected, and Han units can be fixed by removing the arrow heads and replacing bowstring animations with vanilla animations.
    just assign their sword to rhand bone.
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by disorder View Post
    I noticed that the Numidian desert infantry like to throw their swords intead of javelins and then procede to fight empty handed. this gos for the Numidian imitation legionaries as well.
    as this happens to me with all infantry units with javelins. but all, fight to smacks

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Another bug.... Thrace is near to achiveing victory conditions. Turn 97, they have only 15 regions and they need 50? Very annoying as it happened in my previous campaign too.

Haikka's Avatar Foederatus

Can't recruit any units except roman militia after getting the Marian Reforms.

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Haikka View Post
    Can't recruit any units except roman militia after getting the Marian Reforms.
    have you build aor barracks? if so, try to rebuild them.
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Haikka's Avatar Foederatus

I did rebuild and it didn't help. I had edited the script so that Marian reforms would take place sooner, could that be causing the problem?