Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: >> BUGS REPORT DBM 1.0<<

Default Re: >> BUGS REPORT<<

Not sure if it's a bug. In the beginning of the game it's possible to recruite Legio III in Africa and Iberia before Marius reform.

After 28 turns playing as the Romans, it has become hard to continue the campaign as the UI gets messed up.

What i mean is the entire UI gets covered in unit cards. If i end a turn and open one of the messages, the entire thing is made of unit cards, although the text and the image in the message are still there as i can see them.

I have also started getting CTD's which either throw up no error message at all or they throw up a 'Medieval 2 Total War has encountered an unexpected problem and needs to close' error. These started at the same time as the messed up UI.

The CTD's are different to the ones i was getting before which are CTDs when rebels attack my cities during another AI countries turn.

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by kahnage View Post
    After 28 turns playing as the Romans, it has become hard to continue the campaign as the UI gets messed up.

What i mean is the entire UI gets covered in unit cards. If i end a turn and open one of the messages, the entire thing is made of unit cards, although the text and the image in the message are still there as i can see them.

I have also started getting CTD's which either throw up no error message at all or they throw up a 'Medieval 2 Total War has encountered an unexpected problem and needs to close' error. These started at the same time as the messed up UI.

The CTD's are different to the ones i was getting before which are CTDs when rebels attack my cities during another AI countries turn.
    What if you reload the save or reload the game? do UI bug reappears?
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by kahnage View Post

It seems exiting, then entering the game again plus loading the save fixed the problem. For now.

A normal save and load without exiting the game fully doesn't work, by the way.

The squalor in this mod is way too overpowered, my capitol, funds, armies that i was building, best generals all got annhilated. The sub mods do not seem to really help, how is it that when i get rid of the plague in my cities my generals are still infected?

Edit : May not be a bug and possibly hardcoded but damn is it annoying, restarted campaign twice now it happens everytime - despite having all the right buildings. I may just cheat and build more of the higher tech sewerage buildings faster.
    Last edited by Martin N; July 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    The squalor in this mod is way too overpowered, my capitol, funds, armies that i was building, best generals all got annhilated. The sub mods do not seem to really help, how is it that when i get rid of the plague in my cities my generals are still infected?

Edit : May not be a bug and possibly hardcoded but damn is it annoying, restarted campaign twice now it happens everytime - despite having all the right buildings. I may just cheat and build more of the higher tech sewerage buildings faster.
    In my case the submode did a great job. Since that I never had trouble with squalor. Maybe there was something wrong with the installation of the sub-mod.
    But speaking of the issue, yes I agree with you, squalor should be definately fixed.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

not sure if this qualifies as a bug... when i tried to raise my relations with my ally (Egypt) by giving them Rhodos in exchange for a bit of coin. They were elated by the deal but it lowered my relations with them from 7/10 to 5/10

I am having a CTD every 3 turns or so. Especially so after battles. There is no reason for them and the only error message is the 'Medieval 2 total war has encountered an unexpected error and will now close'.

Swebaz the germans, have archery range upgrade +x for archers but no archer as well a hunters league with bonus for archers
    Roma, Acta est Fabula
    Released! version 0.9B of the mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum

Hi,
    first of all, thanks for mod - I haven't tested it yet, but it looks all great! Some friends and I are going to start a hotseat campaign on Saturday and I'd like to know how to turn off the pilum for the Roman soldiers so we won't have any problems with that bug causing a CTD when they throw the pilum. Can someone please give me some brief instructions how to remove them?

Thanks in advance!

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Tar-Narcano View Post
    Hi,
    first of all, thanks for mod - I haven't tested it yet, but it looks all great! Some friends and I are going to start a hotseat campaign on Saturday and I'd like to know how to turn off the pilum for the Roman soldiers so we won't have any problems with that bug causing a CTD when they throw the pilum. Can someone please give me some brief instructions how to remove them?

Thanks in advance!
    there isn't any ctd regarding pilum launch.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Bug when you are attacking when being sieged. When I attack, I cant leave the front gate. I have to go around to a different gate

Really excellent Mod - outstanding. It's a treat to be able to play with all these new factions, and on such an excellent map too. As a bit of a historical nut, I find the level of gameplay really fun - realistic enough without bogging you down in so much detail that it feels like work rather than fun to do anything big and historical - like conquering Baktria or Saba.

I've also found it to be very stable. Only bug I encountered was playing as Kush: when garrison emerged from Napata to attack my besieging army, game got stuck en route to battle. I withdrew and besieged again - same issue, so not just a one-off. No error messages in the log. Very strange to just hang like that - no crash, just hanging. And when I didn't wait for garrison to emerge but instead reloaded save and fought the siege (with the same armies) that worked fine.

One other unrelated thing. Looking at the log, I noticed quite a few error messages about sibylls, being on invalid tiles and not being in family trees. Is there something deliberate here? What's the idea of these sibylls and why all unreachable? I vaguely recall delphi oracle was like this, but it's so long since I played vanilla that I've forgotten!

Anyway, congrats again and highly recommended to anyone who's thinking of trying this very playable, fun and beautiful (!) Mod. So much work gone into it it's like a whole new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaymo View Post
    there isn't any ctd regarding pilum launch.
    All the better. For the sake of completeness: I was referring to LuciferHawks post on page 1 of this thread stating a bug causing an "insta ctd with few roman troops when they want to throw their spear". Thank you for answering quickly.

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Bugstread

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    I found a bug. Its called tread not thread just kidding.

2. insta ctd with few roman troops when they want to throw their spear
    could you explain better this ctd?

Default Re: Bugstread

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    I found a bug. Its called tread not thread just kidding.

1. throwing stones sounds like throwing bombs
    2. insta ctd with few roman troops when they want to throw their spear
    3. rebel king spawning next to my settlement and insta attacking me (dont know if intended)
    4. some settlements to close to a "bridge" so when ever I want to cross I need two turns (dont know if intended)
    About 2. Did you change/replace the EDU of your mod folder with one where pila are allowed, after you ran the "no pilum" .bat file? I did that once, and got the same problem. Backup your edited EDU, then try to run the .bat file again to allow pila, finally replace the new EDU with your backup.

I have one balancing issue concerning the Augustian Roman infantry. They're too strong for their cost at the moment compared to most other factions' infantry, especially most of the noble barbarian infantry. I suggest either nerfing the legions, or increasing their cost. Also, their pila seem to be a bit too powerful, at least compared to other elite infantry with throwing weapons.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

cant destroy walls or gate in segestica with either balista or rams.

im playing as roman.

GeorgiBG's Avatar Miles

Icon14 A little bug and impressions

The little bug is the frame rate counter. Im sure that your videos are maded using Fraps because of it.It is there only in the game intro video and it's not fatal at all but it will be good if you can remove it.The other videos are fine.

So my impressions are: sooo many! This is just awesome mod! I always was thinking that the only Roman timeframe mods there will be IBFD and EB2, I never expected DBM to arrive! And this map...It reminds me a lot for the future map of CATW but ported in M2TWK. Just amazing, no words, guys!If I find any bugs I will report them here (I know the Senate bug, I hope it will be removed).

EDIT: Why there are 2 rebel banners in the end of every turn?

By the way why we have SPQR at all? Instead we should have the Chin dynasty in China for example. Can you imagine Roman armies versus Chinese armies battle? It's just so awesome... Back in RTW mods my dreams were for Roman Empire to India, now my dreams are for Roman Empire in India...

Eastern World you shall fall for the sake of Rome!
    Last edited by GeorgiBG; August 03, 2013 at 04:42 AM.

Not sure if it has been said yet but when assaulting cities the AI doesn't set up troops correctly. They are all on the wrong side of the settlement and if they sally, they come all the way around the city rather than through the front gate.

doesen't help at all ... very sad end for such a normally good mod