Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: >> DBM 1.0: DOWNLOAD LINK + PATCH 1.1 + PATCH 1.2 <<

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: DBM PATCH 1.1 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    The Mod is very good, it's stable, the units are beautiful, and yes ... the Chinese guys are sexy!
    That's not what I meant by titillating, but yes, the Han Chinese units look historically accurate and bad ass, especially the mounted crossbowmen! The court official Chao Cuo described their use against mounted Xiongnu (i.e. Hun) mounted archers. Also, compare how they look in the game with Western Han statues of cavalrymen:

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Yes Roma-Vic, I imagined you wasn't talking of sex but nevertheless I wanted to underline the intrinsic sexiness of having Chinamen in game!

I'm killing thousands of Greeks and Illyrians but I contorl only Apollonia and Scodra, in Gaul I'm in control of Massilia and Lugdunum, and I control great part of North Africa, now the moment is coming to take Spain, Greece and Egypt, then, after a nice trip in Gaul just to visit Lutetia, the East! This is my Imperial plan!

Yes Roma-Vic, I imagined you wasn't talking of sex but nevertheless I wanted to underline the intrinsic sexiness of having Chinamen in game!

I'm killing thousands of Greeks and Illyrians but I contorl only Apollonia and Scodra, in Gaul I'm in control of Massilia and Lugdunum, and I control great part of North Africa, now the moment is coming to take Spain, Greece and Egypt, then, after a nice trip in Gaul just to visit Lutetia, the East! This is my Imperial plan!
    Lol. Intrinsic sexiness. So are you going to expand beyond the limits of the historical empire? And take all of Germany? Scotland? Ireland? Maybe even Denmark?

If the Romans took all the Germany in the I century, probably today the Roman Empire would be still there!

Can you imagine at least ten more new Germanic legions? Can you see the Roman border on the Don river? Can you see whole new dynasties of Roman-Germanic Caesars? Can you see tens new Roman towns in Germany in the II century AD? Can you imagine a Roman-Germanic Empire in the heart of Europe 800 years before Charlemagne?

The choice of Augustus was wrong, perhaps tactically right, but strategically wrong, the wrongest choice of history.

If the Romans took all the Germany in the I century, probably today the Roman Empire would be still there!

Can you imagine at least ten more new Germanic legions? Can you see the Roman border on the Don river? Can you see whole new dynasties of Roman-Germanic Caesars? Can you see tens new Roman towns in Germany in the II century AD? Can you imagine a Roman-Germanic Empire in the heart of Europe 800 years before Charlemagne?

The choice of Augustus was wrong, perhaps tactically right, but strategically wrong, the wrongest choice of history.
    Meh. The Romans made do with the westernmost portions of Germany in the provinces of Germania Superior and Gallia Belgica. You may be right, though, about the empire having greater security had it subdued the whole of Germania (i.e. Germania Inferior as well). Roman cities like Cologne, Mainz and Trier would have become interior cities as prosperous and safe as anything in the Mediterranean and not just frontier towns. The Huns would have also had to deal with the extra layer of defense and settlements to confront and sack before they would ever make it to Gaul in the 5th century.

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Nubian pikemen are not part of the Nubian roster. Strabo puts the Nubians using pikes in the first century BC. I do not believe there is any records which indicate prior to this. It is linguistically verifiable because the word used in Strabo is kontous for pike and dory is used alongside it describing spears. I’m writing a research paper on foreign military influences on ancient Nubia and I’ve found a lot of evidence by implication, written evidence, Strabo, along with sword staves dug up in graves dating to 300-550 AD. The latter of course are much later but it establishes cultural continuity. They favored pole arms (other than spears) even when the outside world did not.
    Also, are Nubian pikemen supposed to switch to swords? They seem pretty useless because they have a secondary weapon, since the medieval 2 engine does not handle pikes properly.

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Judah View Post
    Nubian pikemen are not part of the Nubian roster. Strabo puts the Nubians using pikes in the first century BC. I do not believe there is any records which indicate prior to this. It is linguistically verifiable because the word used in Strabo is kontous for pike and dory is used alongside it describing spears. I’m writing a research paper on foreign military influences on ancient Nubia and I’ve found a lot of evidence by implication, written evidence, Strabo, along with sword staves dug up in graves dating to 300-550 AD. The latter of course are much later but it establishes cultural continuity. They favored pole arms (other than spears) even when the outside world did not.
    Also, are Nubian pikemen supposed to switch to swords? They seem pretty useless because they have a secondary weapon, since the medieval 2 engine does not handle pikes properly.
    nubian pikemen are recruitable only by hellenistic factions and only in nubian area. these kinds of units (as the Steppe pikemen, Indian pikemen or barbarian pikemen) simulate the recruitment of local population in an hellenistic army. these units are the lower level of pikemen, the "Levy". The switching to secondary weapon simulate their lower training level.
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

That is highly doubtfull.
    The Roman Empire collapsed for both endogenous and exogenous reasons:
    Christianism, more and more relying on "foreign" mercenaries, incompetent leadership....
    regarding Germany, many people living there were pushed towards the west by people coming from the east so i doubt it would have changed anything. the demographic pressure from these people was way too strong for the romans to keep on welcoming and assimilate them.

Can you upload the patch to another site?

The Mega site doesn't work for me.

Edit - cancel that, it started downloading after about 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Primative1; November 02, 2014 at 02:00 PM.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

i sometimes imagine going back in time and giving the romans machine guns lol, perhaps in future we will be able to purchase our own paralel universes and than change them as we see fit

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    i sometimes imagine going back in time and giving the romans machine guns lol, perhaps in future we will be able to purchase our own paralel universes and than change them as we see fit
    Too late. The rock opera movie Jesus Christ Superstar (1973) already beat you to the punch.

It's time for the big J-man to bring the pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    But, sorry, isn't what we all do (at least the best of us) everytime we start a Total war Campaign?

The time-machine is a wonderful dream, I still have here a nice small book, written by L. Sprague de Camp, it's named 'Lest Darkness Fall' and it's the story of an archaeologist, Martin Padway, who, for an imperscrutabile physical phenomenon, finds himself projected from the XX century into the VI century, in Rome, during the age of the Gothic Wars, and he decides to help the Goths, so Martin explains them few small technological solutions to win the war, destroying once for all Belisarius, Narses and the Byzantine invaders ...

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    The new hypaspist spear and sword units for the Macedonian, Ptolemaic, and Seleucid factions look fantastic! Great work indeed. The Greek faction proper (Koinon Achaeon), though, is somewhat lacking. I'd say the best work by far was done on the Roman faction, which looks utterly amazing and jaw-dropping when marching into battle with their later lorica segmentata units. The fact this game has Han Chinese units is just a titillating bonus.
    Han Chinese units..........??? ))))))!!!!!!!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    Han Chinese units..........??? ))))))!!!!!!!
    They are mercenaries for India and the Huns.

Default Download

Any info on an updated download link?

Played a campaign as Rome and no matter what i did i could never get my cities under control. Each city needed a full garrison and Low Tax rate to even stay in the green, It didn't matter what public order buildings i built or which govenors were in which city the squalor and public order was just out of hand, I was playing a game on H/H difficulty.
    Honestly the entire system seemed broken i build every possible Public order building, i have a full stack army and still the disorder increases regulary and nothing i do can correct it. Am i doing something wrong

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TheFaaKing View Post
    Played a campaign as Rome and no matter what i did i could never get my cities under control. Each city needed a full garrison and Low Tax rate to even stay in the green, It didn't matter what public order buildings i built or which govenors were in which city the squalor and public order was just out of hand, I was playing a game on H/H difficulty.
    Honestly the entire system seemed broken i build every possible Public order building, i have a full stack army and still the disorder increases regulary and nothing i do can correct it. Am i doing something wrong
    It's strange, because i can easily control the order of my cities, without full garrison, also at distance from capital.

Have you installed patch 1.1?

What's the face color of your city? green - yellow - blue or red? where are the cities (italy? france?)
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Foederatus

Default Re: Download

Finally got this and it is a great mod.

Downloaded both parts for free from Mega, and the 1.1 patch as well (see my previous post) if this is any help. They work but you need Chrome browser or something similar as the files are pretty big. Also this takes quite a chunk of hard drive space once installed (about 7.5GB on my hard drive) so it's best to make sure you have plenty of free space to be safe if you are copying the downloads to your HD to install from there.

Followed install instructions for v1.1 to the letter, game version shows 1.05 and cities are at 20% sqalor at the beggining pls advice

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey, I didn't see this patch was finally out ! Great news !!! Is it savegame compatible (I still have the save files from my summer 2013 campaign) ?
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast