Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: >> DBM 1.0: DOWNLOAD LINK + PATCH 1.1 + PATCH 1.2 <<

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: DBM PATCH 1.1 RELEASED

Wait, is this patch save-game compatible with v. 1.0? With the change of the Roman Senate as a recurring faction, I'm going to assume the answer is no.

I'm on a MacBook, OSX v. 10.7.5 ("Lion") using Bootcamp partition of my hard drive to play on a Windows 7 platform. I'd have to repartition my entire hard drive again just to fit this patch, because I left only enough space for Medieval II with the necessary Kingdoms patch and DBM 1.0. I was previously playing the Kingdoms mod Stainless Steel, but I backed all that up, including saved games, on a portable hard drive before uninstalling it to make room for DBM.

Are the CTDs really that bad for 1.0? Is it absolutely necessary to have this patch? Because it's a major pain in the ass to repartition a hard drive on a Mac. Since the main partition is encrypted, I basically have to erase everything first and that was laborious enough the first time.

Great news!

Do you give here a new link pls..? i have problem with this page and i dont know why..:/

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    DUST EFFECTS IN BATTLE. I note these are almost invisible after patch1.1. Zooming in close to a unit I can see that there is still some dust visible but super subtle. I loved the impression of clouds of dust coming up from a large cavalry or infantry formation as it loomed over a distant hill. Is there a way of easily tweaking the colour or density of the dust effect to restore it to is former glory ??
    no changes of effects in this patch. maybe you have changed some settings. Or maybe it depends of the terrain of the battle map.
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Wait, is this patch save-game compatible with v. 1.0? With the change of the Roman Senate as a recurring faction, I'm going to assume the answer is no.

I'm on a MacBook, OSX v. 10.7.5 ("Lion") using Bootcamp partition of my hard drive to play on a Windows 7 platform. I'd have to repartition my entire hard drive again just to fit this patch, because I left only enough space for Medieval II with the necessary Kingdoms patch and DBM 1.0. I was previously playing the Kingdoms mod Stainless Steel, but I backed all that up, including saved games, on a portable hard drive before uninstalling it to make room for DBM.

Are the CTDs really that bad for 1.0? Is it absolutely necessary to have this patch? Because it's a major pain in the ass to repartition a hard drive on a Mac. Since the main partition is encrypted, I basically have to erase everything first and that was laborious enough the first time.
    Patch isn't save compatible and fix many things, as you can read in the patch log in the first post of this thread.
    btw , the space requirements is only to download and unzip the file. the extracted folder (1,55GB) overwrites the existing files and folders. so you can download and unzip it on your portable driver. and then cut and paste on dbm1.0

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

So is rome under control of the player, when he plays romani now?
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Where is the folder which contain the saves the Bello Mundi 1.1????

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaymo View Post
    Patch isn't save compatible and fix many things, as you can read in the patch log in the first post of this thread.
    btw , the space requirements is only to download and unzip the file. the extracted folder (1,55GB) overwrites the existing files and folders. so you can download and unzip it on your portable driver. and then cut and paste on dbm1.0
    Sweet! Thanks! I'd rep you for this post, but unfortunately I've repped you too recently. Cheers.

Anyone else getting install errors?
    My update seems to be missing folders when i copy paste it in to my DBM directory.
    "Winter data" folder was one of them.
    i have a screen shot on another PC and will upload it when i have access to that PC.

i tried DLing the update 2x to make sure it wasnt corrupt.
    Thanks.

And thanks for this great mod.

Wohoooo! Thanks to all DBM team, great mod! Downloading...

I just cant get the patch to work done as instructed copy and replaced folders still no new units.help anyone if you can.

no changes of effects in this patch. maybe you have changed some settings. Or maybe it depends of the terrain of the battle map.
    Thanks. Must be the terrain/weather. I did find and fiddle with the dust file just for fun. Those interested it is : descr_particle.txt

Quote Originally Posted by glaj88 View Post
    My update seems to be missing folders when i copy paste it in to my DBM directory.
    i have a screen shot on another PC and will upload it when i have access to that PC.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dbm.PNG  

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by glaj88 View Post

Thanks.

Can you start the mod ?

Can you start the mod ?
    Yes. the game does start but i didnt play a turn.
    the UI seemed very basic.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

This is great news, i'll install the mod tomorrow

Download worked well.

Install went smoothly.

Instructions clear and concise.

Good work, guys.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

hi,
    played+enjoyed a seleucid campaign on weekend and i´m really pleased so far. just one ctd, after reloading everything was normal .
    very good job for the new patch

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    hi,
    played+enjoyed a seleucid campaign on weekend and i´m really pleased so far. just one ctd, after reloading everything was normal .
    very good job for the new patch
    The new hypaspist spear and sword units for the Macedonian, Ptolemaic, and Seleucid factions look fantastic! Great work indeed. The Greek faction proper (Koinon Achaeon), though, is somewhat lacking. I'd say the best work by far was done on the Roman faction, which looks utterly amazing and jaw-dropping when marching into battle with their later lorica segmentata units. The fact this game has Han Chinese units is just a titillating bonus.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'm at 562 a.U.c. in my Roman Campaign and till now, '0' crash!

The Mod is very good, it's stable, the units are beautiful, and yes ... the Chinese guys are sexy!

So, thank you very much for this masterpiece, great work congrats! Bravi! Siete dei grandi!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast