Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage Officially Legalised in England

nce_wht_guy's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Gay Marriage Officially Legalised in England

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    Then why should homosexual couples take marriage benefits since they cannot produce offspring? Please not use that excuse again "society discriminates homosexuals"...On a same manner i could say that society discriminates men and refuses a benefit they should take
    Why should married couples without children get marriage benefits then? Why should the infertile be allowed to marry?
    Support Russia!

Indefinitely Banned

What will you liberals say when people start marrying their dogs?

Indefinitely Banned

Can they get married in a Church?Are the Church breaking the law if they refuse a paying customer!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalizing Testicles View Post
    That's a good point. It's a slippery slope and it seems Liberals are sliding down it like it's some sort of water park. Sure it's fun when you're sliding, but not so much when you realize that the water slide was really "lube" slide (if you catch my drift) of western civilization and we're laughing our way straight into the abyss.

I will also never-ever understand people that are against gay marriage , I mean if your not gay how does that concerns you , that's simply none of your business who marries who , it's extremely selfish to forbid other people being happy .
    Okay Christianity/Islam,etc is against gay marriage , then Christians don't ing get married with the same sex , but leave other people alone .
    Last time I checked it's not a sin to let people live .

If Bucktooth Joe wants to marry a ing cow , I couldn't care any less because that's his problem/pleasure ...

Of course if the cow would be beaten or tortured that would be a problem .

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Part of the difference is that in England the Church is subservient to the state. The Parliament in theory can end the Monarchy and dissolve the Church right?
    Yep. Heck the whole reason the COE exists is because Henry VIII wanted full control of the church. There may well still be a state church in England, which by the way Stav most people would probably support disestablishing, but it's never really held much power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cruise HAWK View Post
    Can they get married in a Church?Are the Church breaking the law if they refuse a paying customer!
    If the Church allows it, then yes they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    So do you agree then? That men should take maternity benefits?
    If you are not currently or able to become a pregnant female then MATERNITY benefits are not for you.

However across the developed world they have something called PATERNITY benefits/leave. It ranges from a few days of unpaid but job protected time off up to 3 years paid(partial salary) time off. In some countries the father can choose to collect the mother's benefits based on his salary instead of hers. All kinds of options and benefits.

Most men don't take them but they are there to be taken.

Problem solved, question answered. Move on.
    Last edited by Ciabhán; July 20, 2013 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    I look forward to people from the 2060s looking back on these times and laughing at how difficult society made this whole thing.
    I already do in 2013. Gay marriage is a non issue. Gays marrying won't affect me in any way I guess.

Also I voted for the government who wanted to legalize gay marriage here.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus041 View Post
    That's a good point. It's a slippery slope and it seems Liberals are sliding down it like it's some sort of water park.
    Slippery slope is also a fallacy.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Alright, the topic is not the British Head of State. So, please stay on topic.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

That's a good point. It's a slippery slope and it seems Liberals are sliding down it like it's some sort of water park. Sure it's fun when you're sliding, but not so much when you realize that the water slide was really "lube" slide (if you catch my drift) of western civilization and we're laughing our way straight into the abyss.
    The same slippery slope argument was used when women got the vote, when slaves were freed, when segregation was ended etc.
    Historically speaking: the slippery slope argument is used by desperate and cowardly bigots with no understanding of the situation: historically speaking of course. It could be different now, but history does tend to repeat itself quite regularly, so........
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Allowing gay people to get married means we are going "straight into the abyss " ? I hope that was totally sarcastic
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    Allowing gay people to get married means we are going "straight into the abyss " ? I hope that was totally sarcastic
    No, we're going gay into the abyss.

Paragon's Avatar Senator

This is my Aragonese AAR, One Single Man

If you read and comment, there WILL be cake!

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

No, we're going gay into the abyss.
    If that's true, it's a pretty slow descent, considering how long homosexuality has been recognised and accepted in various cultures.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Gay marriage can actually be seen as a cynical ploy to reduce the gay population. Think about it. If gay marriage was seen as banal a thing as regular marriage, it would take all the appeal out of being gay in the first place. Since most gays are just flamboyant attention seekers who get most of their kicks from the morally appalled reactions of the prudish, conformist elements of society, a move to make their lifestyle acceptably normal and mundane like all the other things that crew-cut 9-5, white middle age NORPS do and live for, this would essentially eliminate 3/4 of gays. The rest of gays would be just like boring, regular old vanilla missionary copulating heterosexuals who get together for the sake of stupid reactionary nonsense like "companionship" or "love". Those out of the loop would go on to other pursuits to catch the public's disapproving, pontificating eye, such as littering, passing loud gas or pet abuse.

That's why we need to get together and stop gay marriage in order to preserve the gay community and progressive liberal values!
    Last edited by Carl Jung was right; July 20, 2013 at 08:53 PM.

King_Porus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    Gay marriage can actually be seen as a cynical ploy to reduce the gay population. Think about it. If gay marriage was seen as banal a thing as regular marriage, it would take all the appeal out of being gay in the first place. Since most gays are just flamboyant attention seekers who get most of their kicks from the morally appalled reactions of the prudish, conformist elements of society, a move to make their lifestyle acceptably normal and mundane like all the other things that crew-cut 9-5, white middle age NORPS do and live for, this would essentially eliminate 3/4 of gays. The rest of gays would be just like boring, regular old vanilla missionary copulating heterosexuals who get together for the sake of stupid reactionary nonsense like "companionship" or "love". Those out of the loop would go on to other pursuits to catch the public's disapproving, pontificating eye, such as littering, passing loud gas or pet abuse.

That's why we need to get together and stop gay marriage in order to preserve the gay community and progressive liberal values!
    2deep4me Nice one Jung

Cor De Ferrum's Avatar Ordinarius

Well, I always knew there was something wrong with England, and it was just confirmed.

King_Porus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Cor De Ferrum View Post
    Well, I always knew there was something wrong with England, and it was just confirmed.
    Havent seen you in a while my extremist Israeli friend! What happened to all of your rep? Still caught up in your ironic blend of neo-nazi/far right Israeli political ideologies I see.
    Last edited by King_Porus; July 20, 2013 at 09:20 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cor De Ferrum View Post
    Bang on bro!

BANG

ON

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast