Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ( WIP ) New Ancillaries and Traits ( 05/06 Release of updated work on Dwarven factions )

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Default Re: ( WIP )New submod : realistic ancillaries ( Isengard ancillaries released 05/01/14 )

Absolutely stunning work on the Gondor ancillaries! Keep it up! +rep

Interesting...
    Thought I could finally spread some rep, and just found out you got one worth exactly 0 points.
    I'll stop being an idiot, but know your work is appreciated
    Last edited by Greymane; January 06, 2014 at 05:59 PM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: ( WIP )New submod : realistic ancillaries ( Isengard ancillaries released 05/01/14 )

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAnt View Post
    Thanks to Araval I fixed some issues so I have uploaded a new file.

I have also uploaded Isengard's old stuff.
    Glad I could help!

Thanks for these!

SuperAnt's Avatar Libertus

Next release here will be Elven factions ancillaries or Dunedain ancillaries.

First to reply to this post will decide which one will be released

There are 4,5 elven factions in DaC, so I say elven

Great Work man+rep

Firstly, I'm sorry about the time I've spent to finish my work. I think I will no longer give delays because I can't stick to them as I rarely have access to my working computer.

After a long time, I offer you 2 previews as a gift for Easter instead of chocolate.

They are in the second post. I'm sorry about the quality of the Elven preview, I have underestimated the amount of specific factions' ancillaries. I'm also sorry about the fact that the previews aren't uploaded with Imageshack, I don't why but I can no longer upload pictures on it ( that's a shame ). If you have issues to view them just right click and "save the picture as"

There is a mistake in Rivendell preview, the "bow" picture isn't the right one, it represents a "Flask of Miruvor".

The files won't be available now though thanks to Araval dwarven ancillaries should work perfectly. However, elven ancillaries haven't be tested yet so I must make some changes and corrections.

Suggestions and remarks are very welcomed
    Last edited by SuperAnt; April 21, 2014 at 09:01 AM.

Default Re: ( WIP )New submod : ancillaries revamp ( Dwarven and Elven ancillaries previews 21/04/14 )

I agree with letting modders implement these but it seems mos will be down for some time so if any one could range the difficulty of merging these, or tips on how to do it. Im not asking for a guide or any one to go out of the way just, wondering if investigating this further would be worth my time or if what i ask is near impossible ?

Default Re: ( WIP )New submod : ancillaries revamp ( Dwarven and Elven ancillaries previews 21/04/14 )

Good work!

Well I would use a movie-like pic for Nenya; for the lesser ring of power I'd use a pic that is more neutral and not one of dwarven rings of power from the movie; maybe I'd use a movie pic also for Galadrie's phial; Erestor and Lindir use different pics of the same character, I'd use this one for Erestor.

For Nenya I didn't like the flower shape of the movie's ring. I will try to do another one and show you.
    Concerning the lesser ring of power I can exchange its picture with the red one of the dwarven ring of dwarven rings. I'll juste replace it by one of the previous dwarven ancillaries. I will also replace Galadriel's phial.

However I don't understand your suggestion about Erestor and Lindir. Erestor is the chief counsellor of Elrond while Lindir is supposed to be a kind of minstrel. The only picture of the same actor is Lindir's one and healer's one.

I meant that these...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

...are the same.

I made the changes. I'm currently testing the ancillaries. I got a bug for a very long time but now it is completely fixed and everything is working, except some triggers ( heir ancillaries ( except for Rivendell, it is strange btw ) and lindon admiral ).

Once it is fixed I'll release the dwarven + elven ancillaries.

I'm working on Dunedain factions in the meantime, the uis are almost redone and as I don't plan to make a lot of new ancillaries it is in a good way.

Some additional ancillaries will be released in a bonus file, ent water + druedain statue + mercenary for Good factions. Orc factions will receive new rewards when winning a battle : human head, elven head and dwarven head.

Sounds great!

You'll keep the ones you have already previewed, right?

Just uploaded the elven ancillaries, the dwarven ones are coming, I want to test them a last time first.

@ Araval I added the old uis in a file for you and also an another ui for Nenya ( I keep the previous because I prefer it but you can of course replace it ).

Thanks, you're the best!

Default Re: ( WIP )New submod : ancillaries revamp ( Dwarven and Elven ancillaries 21/04/14 )

Hey. Just to announce that the dwarven ancillaries are released and available in the first post.

There are also more additional ancillaries than expected, that's why it took me more time. When playing M2TW vanilla I found cool to get unique things when you get to special places like Jerusalem or Antioche. I let you discover the 2 of them in the files.

I think that we're completely done with elven and dwarven factions, plus Isengard with the orc_snuffler and the new rewards when winning a battle. At this point there is a total of nearly 200 ancillaries.

@ Araval You should replace the uis of chief_ered_luin and the rings of power. I have also made 2 ancillaries moria_axe and moria_shield that could interest you. I have also modified some triggers to make the ancillaries more difficult to be earned.

I really need feedbacks, as my future work is in a big part based on the past one, . I would like to know if the limit of 8 ancillaries is too easily reached, if ancillaries meant to be rare are really so, if you think the effects are unbalanced.

If you find issues and mistakes please report too

Default Re: ( WIP )New submod : ancillaries revamp ( Dwarven and elven ancillaries released 20/05/14 )

Here is something I found while going through the elven ancillaries;
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Ancillary eregion_smith
        Type Follower
        Transferable  1
        Image eregion_smith.tga
        ExcludedAncillaries eregion_smith, elven_smith
        Description eregion_smith_desc
        EffectsDescription eregion_smith_effects_desc
        Effect TrainingUnits 8
        Effect Trading 7

;------------------------------------------
    Ancillary elven_smith
        Type Follower
        Transferable  1
        Image elven_smith.tga
        ExcludedAncillaries elven_smith, eregion_smith 
        Description elven_smith_desc
        EffectsDescription elven_smith_effects_desc
        Effect TrainingUnits 5
    I beieve if you remove the eregion_smith and elven_smith in red then the ancillary will be able to be acquired normally. Great job, +rep!
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; May 20, 2014 at 09:02 PM.

Default Re: ( WIP )New submod : ancillaries revamp ( Dwarven and Elven ancillaries 21/04/14 )

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAnt View Post
    At this point there is a total of nearly 200 ancillaries.

@ Araval You should replace the uis of chief_ered_luin and the rings of power. I have also made 2 ancillaries moria_axe and moria_shield that could interest you. I have also modified some triggers to make the ancillaries more difficult to be earned.

I really need feedbacks, as my future work is in a big part based on the past one, . I would like to know if the limit of 8 ancillaries is too easily reached, if ancillaries meant to be rare are really so, if you think the effects are unbalanced.
    Sounds awesome!

Thanks for the heads-up!

I'm sorry I don't have time to play at all. The 8 anc limit might be removed by this project: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Memory-Editing

Default Re: ( WIP )New submod : ancillaries revamp ( Dwarven and elven ancillaries released 20/05/14 )

Thanks for your interest guys

@ MIKE GOLF : I don't think it's a mistake, generals properly get the ancillary but only one time, the main point is to avoid a general to have two times the same ancillary, by a trigger or by gift from another general.

I have played a campaign with the Dwarves of Erebor and the Iron Hills and I think it's pretty balanced : it is harder to get my ancillaries than the others ( I get mainly doctor, biographer, dwarven_raven ), so it adds more value to the tittle and unique ancillaries, that's what I was looking for.

I have found some mistakes though :

The first trigger for the mattock of the iron_hills gives dwarven_smith instead of the mattock.
    I put wrong values in the Effect TrainingUnits, it is working like 1 = 5% discount, 2 = 10% discount so it must be modified, as well as the effects_description in the text file.

I will continue my work on Dunedain factions.

Indefinitely Banned

Nice work!

BUMP

Hey guys,

After two years dedicated to my studies and one spent in Australia I finally survived and was able to get back to my former computer and have some extra time right now.

I now have access to an ample work I dropped out but was really promising on Dunedain factions ( Gondor, Northern Dunedain, Dol Amroth ) and some other uis that were already prepared and ready for human factions. I was therefore wondering if anyone would like to incorporate them in their their own submods because it would require few work from me and would be a great asset.

Cheers.
    Last edited by SuperAnt; May 20, 2017 at 01:01 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast