Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ( WIP ) New Ancillaries and Traits ( 05/06 Release of updated work on Dwarven factions )

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: ( WIP )New submod : ancillaries revamp ( Dwarven and elven ancillaries released 20/05/14 )

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAnt View Post
    BUMP

Hey guys,

After two years dedicated to my studies and one spent in Australia I finally survived and was able to get back to my former computer and have some extra time right now.

I now have access to an ample work I dropped out but was really promising on Dunedain factions ( Gondor, Northern Dunedain, Dol Amroth ) and some other uis that were already prepared and ready for human factions. I was therefore wondering if anyone would like to incorporate them in their their own submods because it would require few work from me and would be a great asset.

Cheers.
    Hey man, great to hear from you again!

I'd be glad to use them in FRoGS, I have already implemented all except your elven ancs.

Though, I must say some more love for the evil factions would be great also.
    Last edited by Araval; May 20, 2017 at 02:56 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: ( WIP )New submod : ancillaries revamp ( Dwarven and elven ancillaries released 20/05/14 )

Hello again SuperAnt

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

good to see a veteran returning
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

SuperAnt's Avatar Libertus

Hey,

Work is progressing not as fast as planned because I basically reviewed my whole work. I have already changed all my descriptions and some other stuff because some were too long and the style needed to be changed. Basically more than a 100 ancillaries are already done for the Dunedain factions of DaC ( Dol Amroth, Northern Dunedain and Gondor ). Most of them are actually done, what is lacking are the triggers.

I am also working traits because it adds so much more to the RPG experience and this complete perfectly the immersion I was looking for with the realistic ancillaries.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Following the idea of MOS, and because that fits my vision of Gondor being a sort of Ancient Rome, 3 triumphs have been made available for Dunedain generals that want some badass tittles to be added to their names. I am not giving you the third one but it also ends in -cil. I also took the opportunity to show some of the new ancillaries for the Dunedain factions with Calemir now Calemir Romendacil !!

What I like the most in M2TW is the real control you have to influence the fate of your generals in terms of ancillaries and traits. I have tried to go deeper in TATW ( and DaC submod ). So basically I wanted Gimli to be known as Elf-friend because of the friendship with Legolas and the admiration he had for Galadriel so :

First, an alliance with the Galadhrim is needed and they must own the Lothlorien.

Then, once Gimli is located within Lothlorien and ends the turn there, he is given a special trait and an ancillary that I let you discover.

I love the ancillaries of the Dwarves in DaC

I have done the same thing with Aragorn that is given a similar trait and gets the Elessar. Later, if he manages to unite Arnor and destroys Angmar and the Misty Mountains, his trait evolves and he becomes Aragorn Elessar Telcontar. I intend to do the same with Boromir and Legolas but they won't be given tittles, only ancillaries.

These two mechanisms will be expanded with new tittles obtained when full regions are owned by certain factions, or when some capitals are taken or factions destroyed.
    Last edited by SuperAnt; May 24, 2017 at 06:20 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: ( WIP ) New Ancillaries and Traits : for a more immersion into Tolkien's world ( Preview new traits )

Neat ones

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Citizen

Default Re: ( WIP ) New Ancillaries and Traits : for a better immersion into Tolkien's world ( Preview new traits )

very neat

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: ( WIP ) New Ancillaries and Traits : for a better immersion into Tolkien's world ( Preview new traits )

You are right and it's great to see someone working on immersive RPG elements!

Thanks guys !

It will be impossible to carry on the work for the rest of the week until next Friday.

Hopefully, there will be some great discount on M2TW on steam and I will take it so I can play TATW wherever I want and hence, do some modding wherever I want.

To give you some material, I am showing you the remade Dwarven ancillaries and the new ones, that I can't release right now because to get them some new traits will be required.

How can one expect to get the fabulous Helmet of Ered Mithrin without the epithet King of Ered Mithrin ?
    Last edited by SuperAnt; May 25, 2017 at 06:46 PM.

Citizen

great work

I can't see any of the images. In various different browsers too

I can't see any of the images. In various different browsers too
    Which images are you referring to ? If it is the preview of the first page it is normal because they were uploaded three years ago so they have disappeared. However, if you have difficulties seeing the pictures on page 4 it is weird because I can see them properly on all my browsers.

Update of the job on the Dwarves is going to be released tomorrow. It contains entirely new traits + ancillaries, and a substantial modification on the previous work to improve the texts and to make the ancillaries harder to get, because I feel like it is too easy to reach the limit with current probabilities. I also modified several triggers to make the acquisition more challenging and realistic. Several uis have been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAnt View Post
    Which images are you referring to ? If it is the preview of the first page it is normal because they were uploaded three years ago so they have disappeared. However, if you have difficulties seeing the pictures on page 4 it is weird because I can see them properly on all my browsers.

Update of the job on the Dwarves is going to be released tomorrow. It contains entirely new traits + ancillaries, and a substantial modification on the previous work to improve the texts and to make the ancillaries harder to get, because I feel like it is too easy to reach the limit with current probabilities. I also modified several triggers to make the acquisition more challenging and realistic. Several uis have been changed.
    First page. Well that answers my question

Sorry I got issues with the traits I was getting a CTD for no reason and could not find the root of the problem, everything is working fine now.

2nd page containing the files is going to be uploaded right now ( 3 p.m ) so modders can have access to the new ancillaries and traits I have made for the Dwarves, I will do a proper changelog to detail what is in.

A sneak view of the content in Spoiler.

Gor gets the "realm" type ancillary Ered Luin, if the player succeeds to unite all Ered Luin ( Ered_luin, Nan_i_Naugrim, Lune_North, South_Ered_Luin ), Gor as owner of the ancillary will get a new trait.

Voila, Gor can officially be hailed as Lord of Ered Luin.

Another example with the realm of Ered mMithrin, whose king receives in the end an ancient helmet.

Same for the realm of the Iron Hills.

This is like the ultimate tittle for the Dwarves.

First you get the trait linked with an ancillary that doesn't appear here but exits in the files.

Then you get the badass ancillary showing that indeed your character is the ruler of a realm.

Last edited by SuperAnt; June 05, 2017 at 08:11 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234