Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch News

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Patch News

Patch Update - all previous quickfixes have been included

Version 0.1.510 - 6TH AUGUST 2013
    - Fixed missing bio traits
    - Fixed missing bio trait triggers
    - Modified some starting armies and starting positions
    - Rebalanced starting settlement population and buildings
    - Added/Updated various custom portraits
    - Minor text corrections in various files
    - Removed battle CTD based on incorrect custom battle models
    - Basic descr_faction_standing file
    - Various text corrections
    - Mission objectives via traits - Liu Bei missions

The patch is save game compatible, but nearly all the changes will only take effect when a new game is started.

Download here as usual

So I assume that this patch has fixed the traits + bodyguard triggers right?

Yep, its fixed it, but now I get 'See Charlie' crashes, refer to this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post13103203

For next patch couple of things.

1. remove pikes from the game. Replace with halberd unit. Seether said something about this already. The main reason I hate pikes is that my AI controled generals will always seem to kill themselves on a group of pikes. I lost Zhao Yun at the very end of a large 3v4 battle of full stacks that i was about to win because he did a frontal charge on a unit of pikes. I had to restart that whole turn and i had just fought 3 battles that turn... Halberds should have similar stats to the pikes but give them AP and slightly lower morale.

2.Lower the loyalty of some Barbarian Generals. I did this in my game but i feel everyone should benefit from this. Some of the barbarians did swear fealty to a ruler during this time and it is impossible to bribe them if their loyalty is 6 or greater it seems. Also rework diplomat stats so they become better diplomats.
    Qiang Duan, Ehe shahoge, King midang, Liu Bao, Yu fulou, Pan Lin, Ta dun, Luo Ban, Bu dugen all come to mind for people that should be able to be swayed from rebel side. When you bribe them you should get most of the barbarian units with them as they did usually contribute a good number of foreign units to the faction they joined. This would add more generals for the player to use as well. I noticed Yan Rou was bribable as his loyalty was low but i feel the same should be for the other barbarian generals.

3. Make Shi Xie playable. Make Yan Bai hu and Wang Lang seperate from liu yao but all allied together. Gongsun Du is playable so they should be as well. Seether already mentioned something about this but I would just want to reinforce this.

I would love to help you guys with the mod but alot of your text files are really hard to understand everything is coded by some alpha numeric abbreviations.
    Last edited by Gongsunzan; August 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gongsunzan View Post
    For next patch couple of things.

1. remove pikes from the game. Replace with halberd unit. Seether said something about this already. The main reason I hate pikes is that my AI controled generals will always seem to kill themselves on a group of pikes. I lost Zhao Yun at the very end of a large 3v4 battle of full stacks that i was about to win because he did a frontal charge on a unit of pikes. I had to restart that whole turn and i had just fought 3 battles that turn... Halberds should have similar stats to the pikes but give them AP and slightly lower morale.

2.Lower the loyalty of some Barbarian Generals. I did this in my game but i feel everyone should benefit from this. Some of the barbarians did swear fealty to a ruler during this time and it is impossible to bribe them if their loyalty is 6 or greater it seems. Also rework diplomat stats so they become better diplomats.
    Qiang Duan, Ehe shahoge, King midang, Liu Bao, Yu fulou, Pan Lin, Ta dun, Luo Ban, Bu dugen all come to mind for people that should be able to be swayed from rebel side. When you bribe them you should get most of the barbarian units with them as they did usually contribute a good number of foreign units to the faction they joined. This would add more generals for the player to use as well. I noticed Yan Rou was bribable as his loyalty was low but i feel the same should be for the other barbarian generals.

3. Make Shi Xie playable. Make Yan Bai hu and Wang Lang seperate from liu yao but all allied together. Gongsun Du is playable so they should be as well. Seether already mentioned something about this but I would just want to reinforce this.

I would love to help you guys with the mod but alot of your text files are really hard to understand everything is coded by some alpha numeric abbreviations.
    Those files are the same in Medieval 2 Total War, you can find a few tutorials on that here, although I don't think they have a need for a coder atm. As on your suggestion of Halberd Units, they are in the next patch (just doing the finishing touches to them right now lol)

Quote Originally Posted by The Blade That Was Broken View Post
    Those files are the same in Medieval 2 Total War, you can find a few tutorials on that here, although I don't think they have a need for a coder atm. As on your suggestion of Halberd Units, they are in the next patch (just doing the finishing touches to them right now lol)
    I knwo how to edit the text files i just mean alot of things are hard to know what it refers to in game because it isnt easily dechiphered. I made new units, heros and campaign scripts for TATW before but it was easy because everything was easy to tell exactly what it was. It was neatly commented and the traits, units and scripts and such were worded in a way that it was common sense what each thing was.

Another thing i want to bring up is voices and speech in game. You dont need to have it be chinese accent it just needs to change so the speeches aren't about england or whatever. Dynasty warriors has some terrible voice overs but id rather have that then cao cao talking about england which he doesnt even know exists.
    Last edited by Gongsunzan; August 11, 2013 at 02:21 PM.

That will probably be addresed sooner or later. Main focus isn't on doing those things, a bit minor. If you don't like them talking like that, you can always change it to have them in Chinese. I think Gigantus suggested to copy over the sound files from Chinese RTW Mod, might not work, but its worth a try.

I knwo how to edit the text files i just mean alot of things are hard to know what it refers to in game because it isnt easily dechiphered. I made new units, heros and campaign scripts for TATW before but it was easy because everything was easy to tell exactly what it was. It was neatly commented and the traits, units and scripts and such were worded in a way that it was common sense what each thing was.
    Ah, now I get a bit more of what you meant. The reason of why it is so dechipered, is because its Chinese lol. This is port from the Original RTW Chinese mod. A bit hard for me to read as well, but I understand a bit. (Chinese, but I don't speak Mandarin, although the piyin is more or less the same), I get how its really hard if you don't know Chinese, but once you get used to looking at the names, its not really hard.

A bit offtopic to here, if anyone is interrested im making some heroes of three kingdoms and dynasty warriors style wallpapers who look a bit better and also replacing some musik with dynasty warriors musik as its much more fun with these in the battles.

Also will you ever fix the walls in siege battles to be attacked by trebuchets ? As its really annoying and trebuchets are useless in siege battles atm.

I'm intrigued! Good luck with your work!

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by BFMSAND View Post
    Also will you ever fix the walls in siege battles to be attacked by trebuchets ? As its really annoying and trebuchets are useless in siege battles atm.
    What is the problem exactly? We can't fix it if we don't have details about what the issue is.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

He means the walls arent damaged by seige engines.

On another note i tried making lotalty of some rebel barbarians lower by lowering the value of trait JnA8000. Most of them have the trait set to level 8. Initially it works when i check toggle fow their loyalty is 2 - 4. But then the next turn it bumps back up loyalty to 8-10. The barbarians yan rou and shi xies officers who are also rebel that already had low loyalty without me modifying it do not gain loyalty but the ones i modified regain their loyalty. Is there another script that varies their loyalty each turn like the fealty trait for the player? If so why doesnt shi xies rebel officers keep the same low loyalty?

any help on this is appreciated.

Not a script, but triggered in the EDCT file. If JnA8000 is affecting Rebels and Unaligned, we should probably fix that so that it affects only factions other than those two.

I did more testing of this using toggle_fow. Seems the unaligned work fine. The loyalty doesnt change. The rebels do change though so it seems they just need an adjustment. I put bu dugen to JnA8000 1 on the descr_strat and the first turn he had 3 loyalty then the next turn was up to 9

Well, the argument for the rebels having high loyalty is so that they can not be bribed and brought into your faction. They are strong and you have to defeat them if you want to expand Han Chinese (not just your clan) influence into these historically contested regions. If you want to gain new characters, that's what the Unaligned faction is for. I know it will be said that Yufuluo, Huchuquan and other "barbarian" characters served Wei, but essentially that argument isn't correct. Yufuluo, Huchuquan and various other "barbarians" leaders in the mod were, historically, leaders of independent tribes and vassals of Wei; they did not serve Wei directly. Very few did, but the vast majority did not, and they retained their positions of power, and also as vassals of Wei (and later Jin) so that the latter empires could maintain control of foreign regions through those leaders.

Though they contributed forces occasionally to various warlords. Like king midang and ehe shahoge fought against wei for shu. Shamoke fought for shu. I think would add flavor to campaign if you have the option to bribe a few of the barbarians and their troops to your cause. It should be expensive though like 20k to 50k gold. Thats about what it cost me to bribe yan rou away from huns and he seems to be only one not affected by the full loyalty script for rebels.

I did try to make a campaign script where if you defeated some of these barbarian warlords they would join you. It didnt work. Seems like this game has alot more advanced coding then most mods. Usually i can just edit various .txt files to do what i want.

Is there going to be a new patch this month?

Is there going to be a new patch this month?

Yes, there will be one some time soon. The Blade That Was Broken is working on new models for weapons and units (patch for a much later date), I am working on cleaning up/adding/modifying quite a lot of traits, y2day is doing his awesome art stuff, and Gig is doing a bit of everything. Not sure when the patch will be released, but it shouldn't be too long.

I would like to know if this mod is dead and if its not, why not? Ill explain why I'm asking....This mod has been described as a byproduct of a Chinese mod called Han Zhi Shang and that the two teams were in collaboration and a lot of the work was being borrowed from Han Zhi Shang Black Studios team. Now that Han Zhi Shang is coming out with English patches is that a hint this mod is dead because why would you need two of the same mod in English?

No, it is not dead. We have been in collaboration with Hanzhishang and the Pillar Studio team for several months, using some of their assets to release our beta version. From the release of the beta version on, we will be developing all of our own assets. This has never been a secret and has been well documented in both this forum and the one at 1mod.

And to be quite frank, already their are stark differences between Hanzhishang and Rise of Three Kingdoms, and show the two different directions the mods are going. As just one example, Hanzhishang is much more novel and folklore based, while this mod is trying to more closely emulate the historic three kingdoms era. Hanzhishang is a fully released mod, while this one is a newly released beta, and in several months will be nothing alike.

For updates/screenshots/discussion on Hanzhishang, such should be in the forum located here and their primary forum over at 1mod.
    Last edited by Seether; August 15, 2013 at 01:44 PM.