Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Patch News

Default Re: Patch News

This is a model issue. The mod is missing models for certain campaign characters and battle models. Rebels/brigands are one example. Some characters are missing arms (Zhang Fei). Some battle models are silvery phantoms.

TL;DR - Missing models.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

Civis

Ah ok, thanks for the response. I'm sure they will get it all covered, they've done an incredible job so far...now back to the conquest of Ancient China!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's a bit of a weird issue - a friend of mine was doing a let's play movie of RotK and commented on the same issue. However when I created the very same situation I did not have that problem. When I get back to my machine I will have a look if it is indeed a case of a faulty model (absent models will cause a crash) of faulty textures. It is a possibility as most of the strat models have been taken directly from the RTW version.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

I, like Gig, am also not having any issues with the strat models. I'm not sure why some textures are now faulty, but we are looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    in the next update can we get more BGM, and voice update?
    Probably not in the next patch. But it will be coming at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Computer Illiterate View Post
    May I ask what happened to pikemen and which factions have missions?
    Pikemen were taken out because, from historical sources found, the Chinese didn't utilize pikes on such a scale nor fought in pike squares. Right now, the only faction will an extensive mission system is the Liu Clan. One for the Cao Clan is in the works, but not sure when it will be completed.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

I was wondering since generals who captures and stay in the provinces are awarded with the official seals, when they die will it be offer up again to the next general you replace in the city?

also could we add more portraits? ah I need more new faces since I could see some generals of mine having the same face or my enemies does. esp my children children's lol

Blog Entries

I believe it's more a matter of 'first general in city and seal is available' - hence the next named_character in the settlement should then acquire the seal (Seether will know the details).

We have got 544 custom portraits and 500 portraits for generals, I don't think any mod beats that

However, the game isn't really as random as we wish for when it comes to choosing 'random' stuff. Have a look how many times the same loading screen appears at the initial loading of the campaign.

I have recently returned to play this mod, but realised I haven't downloaded any patches since August 13th last year. Without trawling through the thread, have I missed a list with the patches on? I am not sure which ones I need to download...

Thanks

Blog Entries

Still in the old spot. Patch 007 was released in July\August , so you could have that one installed. Check if you have this version number in the mod's selection screen: 0.1.714
    Any number lower (eg 0.1.623) and you will have to to install patch 007 before patch 008 and the quick fixes.

Ahh, many thanks! I'll be sure to check that out when I have the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    I was wondering since generals who captures and stay in the provinces are awarded with the official seals, when they die will it be offer up again to the next general you replace in the city?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I believe it's more a matter of 'first general in city and seal is available' - hence the next named_character in the settlement should then acquire the seal (Seether will know the details).
    As Gig said, if no one has the 'seal' of office for a settlement, the any named character that stays in that settlement can get it. So if a general has the 'seal' for Xu Chang, then dies, the next general to stay in Xu Chang will get the 'seal.'

what about if the general that has the seal leaves the city for "X" turns and a new general enters the city for "X" turns, will he get it ?

Blog Entries

Nope, the ancillary is unique - it will only be given out if it does not exists.

Very impressed with all the patches, which I downloaded last night. Really feels like a complete mod now, so much detail to be explored. I love the change that you can choose your faction heir line!
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the cavalry's charge speed is crazy! Is it to replicate the effect of a charge in that era?

Blog Entries

I found that many fraction goes bankrupt around 200-300 turns then their settlement become rebels fractions and they do nothing about it with their huge amount of troops. and when it comes to allies it makes them even more constricted like cao cao he stuck in the central part of china, cant attack north but has tons of troops station at guan du there so does yuan shao forces and he cant move downward toward jing.

I have actually been wondering about the AI. I will take a look at the desc strat later to see which factions are using which personalities. I was actually curious if this game used germanicus ai or any other campaign/battle ai? As it stands now, war is a rarity in the 3 kingdoms.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

We're going to (at least if I understood Gig correctly) be changing to a new CAI in an upcoming patch (possibly the next one).
    Last edited by Seether; April 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM.

That's strange, there's a lot of factions killing each other in my play through and the major factions hate me.

I was wondering if the units will stats will be tweek a bit more?

Hi all, I want to ask is it normal that during the campain with Wu I don't receive any mission?