Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Seether's Gameplay Notes

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Seether's Gameplay Notes

We ran into a bit of a problem when testing 2.0, but Gigantus and his amazing modding powers saved the day. Expect v2.0 to be released in the next few days
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Version 2.0 is now available for download!

potpot0893's Avatar Laetus

Downloaded the 2.0 this morning and the Emperor of Han looks really awesome, the changes in the interface like the yinyang symbols on the conviction are cool. Thank you guys for all the hardwork and I can't wait to play a full campaign again. Thanks btw for changing Zhou Yu now he looks like a proper Sun Clan retainer!

Quote Originally Posted by potpot0893 View Post
    Downloaded the 2.0 this morning and the Emperor of Han looks really awesome, the changes in the interface like the yinyang symbols on the conviction are cool. Thank you guys for all the hardwork and I can't wait to play a full campaign again. Thanks btw for changing Zhou Yu now he looks like a proper Sun Clan retainer!

Update Patch 01 for v2.0 has been added to the download page

Changelog:
    • Bannermen re-implemented
    • Fixed missing Pikemen for Imperial Han
    • Recolored Armored units and Officers for each faction
    • Fixed Jiaozhou displaying incorrect unit banners
    • Modied Leadership trait from Zang Ba (+), Yue Jin (+), and Guan Yu (-)

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Playing currently as the rightful emperor I don't dare ask what you're planning on next.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

I would like to add a few new factions. One of which, as far as I know, has never been represented in a Three Kingdoms title. Look up Liu Chong, Prince of Chen. Rafe wrote of him in his "A Biographical Dictionary of Later Han to the Three Kingdoms (23-220 AD)".

So Liu Bei but legit member of the Han?

Would it be possible for each general at the start of the campaign to have an unique portrait, or are there not enough Dynasty Warrior portraits to implement that? If Seether has a recommended reading list I'd like to give that a look also. I got myself a copy of Moss Roberts translation of Romance of the Three Kingdoms after deciding that this mod was really great.

Every general already has a unique portrait, with the portraits coming from Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms series. As far as reading lists, I’d recommend anything by Rafe de Crespigny, particularly ‘Generals of the South’. You can also visit www.kongming.net and www.the-scholars.com for excellent resources and discussions on both the novel and history of the Three Kingdoms era.
    Last edited by Seether; July 27, 2018 at 11:42 AM.

Guys... Why Guan Ping has always other character picture... How can i make him have one picture(the one from kongmings archive)? When i start new campaign he always has other pictures and until now i did not like them ) how can i change this? Can You help me please?

PS: big fan of your work guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arjan13 View Post
    Guys... Why Guan Ping has always other character picture... How can i make him have one picture(the one from kongmings archive)? When i start new campaign he always has other pictures and until now i did not like them ) how can i change this? Can You help me please?

PS: big fan of your work guys!!!
    It is because of game engine limitation. A character can only have a specified portrait if 1) the character is 'of age' at campaign start and has a custom portrait defined in their character entry descr_strat or, 2) the character is spawned via script and similarly has a custom portrait defined in the script's character entry. If a character is not 'of age' at the campaign start, when they do come 'of age' they will be given a portrait from the portrait pool, which no one can control which one it is. So since Guan Ping is both under age and part of a family tree, he cannot use a custom portrait and will receive a random one when he comes of age.

Question . If i do not like it(character portrait) can i change it ? I've read some thing around the forum and I found something about changing the portrait mid game with no problem. Do you know if this is possible? Thanks

I’m not sure if you can change portraits mid-game but, even if you can, you could only do it for characters that have a custom portrait defined in descr_strat.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The only way would be to manually exchange the existing portraits in their folder. There is a scripting way but that requires a change in the faction's religion and portraits present in a custom folder. For this and more portrait stuff check my tutorial.

Here is a short preview of the upcoming v2.1 release:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Seether; August 03, 2018 at 01:16 PM.

Liu Yao seems to be screwed now lol. What are the possible dynasty names for the new warlords?

Not necessarily. He is allied to Yan Baihu, while Sun is at war with all three Jiangdong factions. The dynasty names are Zhao (Zhang Yang), Chen (Liu Chong), Wu (Yan Baihu), and Yue (Wang Lang).

Thank you. I don't why but I simply like the name Yue. It'll be fun to replace the historical Wu empire with Yan Baihu's domain.

There's still more to come?
    Wow, that's something!