Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Seether's Gameplay Notes

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Seether's Gameplay Notes

descr_campaign_ai_db.xml

I believe there are some tutorials in the workshop to help you navigate that file.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Quick question guys... How can i have the old portraits back?...I liked them more )

Quote Originally Posted by Arjan13 View Post
    Quick question guys... How can i have the old portraits back?...I liked them more )
    Install 2.0 in a separate folder, go to that data/ui/middle_eastern folder and copy the custom_portraits folder, then paste the custom_portrait folder into your data/ui/middle_eastern folder.

Thank you! And if i want to combine ... Some new with some old... Like i hate yuan Tan , Guo Si, Li Jue , Mi Fang and Cao Bao... And a few more... How can i know witch of them are the folders to only change the ones that i do not like... Can you guide me please?

You'll have to check out descr_strat.txt (in your world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder) and check out each character individually. Each character is assigned a portrait in their character line.

Thank you very much!

Guys... When i verify my files via quicksfv it shows me that i have 109 bad files.... is this normal?

Yes, because the checker is for the files for v2.0 & v2.3.000 (it came with the v2.3 installer). The checker was not updated for, or included with, the Hotfixes. So any files added after that (2.3.001 & 2.3.002), that overwrote what came with 2.3.000, will be deemed by the checker to be bad.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Correct, I generate a new SFV file for each installer, and only for the files included in that particular installer - which replaces the SFV file from the previous installation process. The purpose is to ensure that the installation was error free and all files got installed.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 01, 2018 at 03:40 AM.

Thank you guys! You are great! One question why have you change the model for generals again?

I didn't like the other ones. Their armor was post-Han and Jin era.

The v2.3.003 Hotfix is now live! Be aware that this, more than likely, will be the last update before the final v3.0 release.

What can i do to return to old models? Copy paste something ? And sorry because i am always on the other page then you are but i really loved the old model it was cool!

thank you for the update and continued hard work on the mod!

Hello Seether & Gigantus,

I want you guys to know much how I love remade ROTK with the latest updates. It's freaking awesome and I am looking forward to v3.0 update. There are 2 things I feel like I should point out respectfully.

1. Most units have portrait backgrounds which look really cool and intrigued. However, few elites like feathered forest units, imperial guard units, buru generals, arcuballista and thundercart have the missing background. I dont know if you want to add them as well.

2. Retinues - Make MORE and MORE new retinues. Starting with category of the common, uncommon, rare and epic with the type of main weapons, secret weapons, armors, shield, scrolls, horses, and other items. It would be more interesting for the general become stronger when take the enemy's belongs after kill him. Once the hero faction general has too many common items, transfer them to the lower rank of plenty generals. Make sense, right?

Thank you for your hard work and continue to make this game even better. Live Long and Prosper

1. Thanks for pointing that out. Unit Info pics, like the ones you mentioned, will be updated for the final 3.0 version.

2. More than likely this won’t happen. To me, having too many ancillaries (weapons, scrolls) lessens the importance and uniqueness of the historical ones we do have.

potpot0893's Avatar Laetus

Hello Seether and Gigantus and thank you again for this wonderful mod, just updated my game just last night with v2.3 and all its patches and God there are a lot of factions! The mod looks very amazing, and is the map larger now? And one more question Ma Dai has a unique strat model but in battle he just looks like a generic general, is that intentional or did their faction run out of space when it comes to models? Hope to see some more love for him when the final version comes but if its not possible then that will do. Thank you again to you and Gigantus and everyone who's working on the mod, total war life is much more beautiful with this mod. Thank you.

Default Re: RoTK ART Comments and Suggestions - and Signatures and Avatars

Great mod .

Just some sugestion :

1 garrisson script in capitals.
    2 "Imortal " heroes ( main ones be like nasguls of tatw raspawn on capitals ) until their "real" death date is reach and their faction still exist and hold its original capital.
    3 triple pass bridges . The single passable bridge is a butchery for AI.
    4 light units with more stamina and heavy armored with less . maybe reformed light units on latter stage of barracks

I'm against the first three myself - for these reasons below.

1. AI cannot handle that. It has a hard time already handling how to attack cities with 3-4 units, it'd just be mayhem. As for the player, me personally, garrison scripts in med 2 are very lackluster. It's a game meant to be fought in the fields and sometimes in the cities. But in DaC, so many times have I won a great and impossible victory only to run into the wall that can be garrison scripts.

2. I'm against this in so many ways, but I'll just say that would ruin the feel of "making it your own." If I had to face Lu Bu time and time again as Cao Cao I'd just auto resolve the wins honestly. And with other generals, rarely do I get a feeling like "oh man they died too soon."

3. I've never seen problems with this, and in this mod, there are many ways to go around. In the end, doing so would also negate the purpose of bridges in the game.

4. I am not exactly against, but am not for either. Very neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by MilesNDavis View Post
    I'm against the first three myself - for these reasons below.

1. AI cannot handle that. It has a hard time already handling how to attack cities with 3-4 units, it'd just be mayhem. As for the player, me personally, garrison scripts in med 2 are very lackluster. It's a game meant to be fought in the fields and sometimes in the cities. But in DaC, so many times have I won a great and impossible victory only to run into the wall that can be garrison scripts.

2. I'm against this in so many ways, but I'll just say that would ruin the feel of "making it your own." If I had to face Lu Bu time and time again as Cao Cao I'd just auto resolve the wins honestly. And with other generals, rarely do I get a feeling like "oh man they died too soon."

3. I've never seen problems with this, and in this mod, there are many ways to go around. In the end, doing so would also negate the purpose of bridges in the game.

4. I am not exactly against, but am not for either. Very neutral.
    1 thats for AI . it cant properly protect its capitals

2 Not facing cao cao while fighting Cao clan on late game is more frustating

3 AI that cant cope with bridge cross . it always send first unarmored archers