Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Seether's Gameplay Notes

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Seether's Gameplay Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    Playing as the Cao Clan i found disapointing that whend fighting against Lu Bu in his original faction that he has Gao Shun's battle model in the battlefield.
    I think this is a small error, since in earlier versions he had his awesome DW5 model in the battlefield.
    I just fought a battle and he has the correct battle model:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As I said before, I haven't messed with anything relating to Lu Bu's battle model (maybe ever), so I'm unsure why you wouldn't have it on your. Are you sure it wasn't either a captain with the name Lu Bu or an adopted character that had the same name (would have different portrait). It couldn't be a download or installation error, as ever an incorrect letter or number in bmdb would cause the mod to fail to start.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Weird, might have been a weird glitch then.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I just fought a battle and he has the correct battle model:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As I said before, I haven't messed with anything relating to Lu Bu's battle model (maybe ever), so I'm unsure why you wouldn't have it on your. Are you sure it wasn't either a captain with the name Lu Bu or an adopted character that had the same name (would have different portrait). It couldn't be a download or installation error, as ever an incorrect letter or number in bmdb would cause the mod to fail to start.

Possibly. I had an issue where a rebel stack spawned with no name and vanilla M2TW portrait. Gigantus and myself chalked it up to a glitch.

The 2.2.005 Hotfix is now live! See changelog below:

Spoiler for changelog
    - New Unit: Han Horse-archers
    - Xianbei heavy units reskinned
    - Previous Xianbei heavy textures now serve as upgrade skin for medium units
    - Several portraits (Zang Ba, Guan Jing, Tian Yu, Shan Jing and Li Feng) updated
    - New textures for Peasant Militia and Peasant Conscripts (+upgrade)
    - Updated sprites for Peasant Militia, Peasant Conscripts, and Zhuge Crossbows
    - Peasant Conscripts now have two armor upgrade levels
    - Xianbei and Armored horses given more mass
    - Fixed texture error affecting East Wu that caused CTD

If you downloaded the v2.2.005 Hotfix prior to this post, please re-download and re-install it again. Some sort of issue with MediaFire uploading files, so I had to upload again. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Can you give us an outline of the Yuan missions since they're obviously the most ahistorical?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Conquer Qing, beat Gongsun Zan, beat Heishan, beat Zhang Yang, take Guandu, take Xu Chang, beat Cao Cao, beat Yuan Shu, beat Zhang Ji, take Chang An... It could change, but that’s the rough outline of events.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Nice, thank you.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

I wonder, how much space is left in terms of the hardcoded unit limit? It's occurred to me that a Shanyue and/or Viet (mercenary) female unit akin to the Nanman and Xianbei's own 'battle maidens' would be both cool and fitting, considering the history of female rebels among the native Yue people of Vietnam in or near the mod's timeframe - namely the Trung sisters about 150 years before the start of the mod, and the contemporary rebellion of Lady Trieu.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

You can have 500 units in the EDU, a simple count of the unique 'ownership' word gives us a number of 412 at present.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

What version number will be the last version of this mod? If there is a intended number to end it.

More than likely 3.0

I'm currently playing as Liu Bei, I've conquered all the Jing's cities that are required for the mission, Jiangxia and all of that, the problem is that I still haven't completed the mission.
    How can I do that? Thanks

Guys... I like that you make cao cao and the sun clan more active... But still you are doing nothing for Liu Clan to spawn in Jing province if they die...

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arjan13 View Post
    Guys... I like that you make cao cao and the sun clan more active... But still you are doing nothing for Liu Clan to spawn in Jing province if they die...
    Probably that's not possible?

Quote Originally Posted by andrej84 View Post
    I'm currently playing as Liu Bei, I've conquered all the Jing's cities that are required for the mission, Jiangxia and all of that, the problem is that I still haven't completed the mission.
    How can I do that? Thanks
    Have you destroyed the Jingzhou faction? The “Show Me” should give you all of the mission requirements.

They have to be a horde to do that and, outside of the player mission system, we won’t do anything more in regard to the Liu Clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Have you destroyed the Jingzhou faction? The “Show Me” should give you all of the mission requirements.
    Nope, I didn't know that, the tooltip only says that you have to conquer 3 cities! Thanks anyway I'll try to destroy the Jingzhou faction

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Do you guys intend, in a new version to remove Cao Bao from the Liu Clan?
    I still don't understand why is he in that faction, instead of being on Lu Bu's faction.

Edit: Nevermind. Just researched better and it seems right for him to be on the Liu Clan. I was saying that because i know the ROTK version of events and know that in that he is Lu Bu's father-in-law, helping him to take Xuzhou from Zhang Fei. But in the Sanguoshi it says that he served Tao Qian and then Liu Bei, dying later at the hands of Zhang Fei, after a quarrel.
    Last edited by Fahnat; October 05, 2018 at 10:39 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

A hording faction more often then not is a pain in the butt - most of the times it happens in the mid to late stage of the game and the horde will not be able to capture and hold a region, never mind getting them to capture one to start with (several tutorials\discussions about it in the workshops) even if the force is sufficient or simply a steam roller. It's a also a touch 'n go issue to restrict the hording to just once, too low and it might not happen, too high and it might happen several times. How often are you willing to annihilate the Liu Clan until they are really gone?

Ok Ok I understand. I have another question... Why have you remade the terrain near Xinye? i can't go south directly i have to go through Fancheng. it limits the possibilities of attack in that area... also in the east you blocked the way to Chen faction... It limits the attack directions of my enemies and also my attack options... I love to have open map so my enemies and i can find new ways of attack... now i don't have to worry anymore or to plan to much my next move because i have only to options... Could you share the reasons behind this change?